Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi tom and artsled !!!

still alive !!! sorry for late reply ...having hard time uploading pics !!!

rivers are a lot lower now....went down to st fidele cb last saturday ...

cleaning road to go to my camp....still a few more day of cleaning !!!

only 3 pics ...just can t  upload them to post !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0004 (3).JPG

DSC_0001 (1).JPG

DSC_0030 (1).JPG

Groomer. Quick question.  Is there anywhere near you that the salmon run in the rivers. My brother has a friend who comes up to the Restigruche river area. Medipedia area i think. Just wondering.  I don't fish but it would be fun to come up and ride my four wheeler. Thx.

1 hour ago, Shore1066 said:

Groomer. Quick question.  Is there anywhere near you that the salmon run in the rivers. My brother has a friend who comes up to the Restigruche river area. Medipedia area i think. Just wondering.  I don't fish but it would be fun to come up and ride my four wheeler. Thx.

hi shore1066 !!!

in town we have the matapedia and the causapscal rivers !!!

matapedia river is right behind my house...i don t know much the rules about fishing ....but no problem fishing on the public sector on the matapedia river...

im not sure 100% ...causapscal river ...they do a draw during winter ....btw ..they started fishing on that river today ...but river still high ...

many americans come fishing here on the matapedia river....a few have their houses in routhierville....20 miles from here !!!

here s link of the cgrmp ....the office is right in town..

http://www.cgrmp.com/river.html

4w club in amqui ...

http://www.clubvttdelamatapedia.com/

sentier/trail........carte/ map 

old pics taken at the falls on the causapscal river....about 10 miles outside town !!!

jean-guy

falllllssss!!!!!! 126.jpg

falllllssss!!!!!! 131.jpg

falllllssss!!!!!! 177.jpg

On 5/21/2017 at 6:35 AM, artsled said:

Hi JG what's new there? River must be down by now? 

hi artlsled !!!

not much news here....river is a lot lower ...no problem...they were still working inside brown building last week ...mom black bear + 1 kid....half a mile from my camp when i left around 11 am...

almost done with the cleaning of the road...

pics of the brook at my camp ....friday and before leaving today ...brook lower by 8 '' !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6186.JPG

DSC_6197.JPG

DSC_6172.JPG

DSC_6194.JPG

DSC_6195.JPG

DSC_6196.JPG

2 hours ago, artsled said:

Good to here. Everything ok! Time to pit some miles on the Honda!

well , i met my boss yesterday ... i ll start working next week ...no more big rides i guess ...

i ll be a few miles from clubhouse !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6183.JPG

DSC_6185.JPG

2 hours ago, artsled said:

bet it's good to be back at work ?

yaa ...good to be back ...but not funny for first the 2 weeks ...time to remove '' winter rust '' !!!

ill do commercial thinning outside albertville !!!

i don t post too many pics....still super slow to upload....

pics from may 12 th and 13 th ....on the 12 th  at my camp ...and 13 th on tq 5 ....big drift before hill with antler...

jean-guy

DSC_5917.JPG

DSC_5855.JPG

DSC_6040.JPG

DSC_6093.JPG

DSC_6048.JPG

DSC_5874.JPG

10 hours ago, artsled said:

That pile of logs that fell over ! Ouch . Have to come up there 4 whealing some time. Got mud there?

image.jpeg

hi artsled !!!

with a good operator...won t be a problem to fix the log pile !!!

right on the other side of the duck ,if you re looking for mud....the trail is about 1 mile long ...if you ride that trail without pushing or winching your s x s......i cook your breakfast on the  next day ...hahahha....very swampy !!!

no traffic jam earlier this morning in albertville....geeez...cold...was almost expecting snow !!!

jean-guy

jgh4.jpg

jgh5.jpg

jgh3.jpg

6 hours ago, MrGutz said:

Groomer,

Stop Riding On the Piles of Logs!!

We know you like to "HotDog It" and be a "Showboater" but come on.....

LOL

Love the Pics.

Thanks Again

GutZ

hi gutz !!!....ahaha

first of all ,lets make things clear.....i did nt do it !!! hahha......there was probably still lots of snow under the pile of logs...happen time to time !!! i was there about 3 weeks ago...pile was still up !!!

have nt climbed one in a long while ....but  i always check to climb one when riding ...but too steep ...

not the greatest weather here...looks like late october ...early november...but great  to work !!!

thx...jean-guy

pile bois.jpg

6 hours ago, artsled said:

Winter will be back soon😂😂😂

hi artsled !!!

sure !!! lots of rain since yesterday .....left albertville half an hr ago in heavy rain !!!

getting ready to go to camp ...

camp is just over the brook in the middle of the pic....btw...trail i was talking about ...the one going south of the pic...old portage trail for lumberjacks back in the old days !!!

jean-guy

jgh6.jpg

3 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Not so tall or long but fun anyway, somewhere in the Chic-Chocs between Carlton & Murdochville 3/26/17:

IMG_20170326_124438.thumb.jpg.19fd87aa5568e3e9d2ce1d129d2e2c69.jpg593571f3f2886_LogPile.thumb.jpg.dde70c674443daad07a0686587743e6c.jpg

That's on 579 by the bridge with the beautiful yellow chalet with the moose & deer horns hanging off the front.

6 minutes ago, Phil 1 said:

That's on 579 by the bridge with the beautiful yellow chalet with the moose & deer horns hanging off the front.

It was on 595, north of La Cache closer to north shore. 

hi all !!!

it was still colder this morning ...warmer late afternoon...10 c...no black flies yet ...i can endure them no problem ...

always fun to find a pile of woods on the side of the trail whatever the size !!!always entertainment !!!

opening of dealership in matane.....may 26 th !!!

dad ,my brother and s i l + 2 nephews !!!

jean-guy