Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Unfortunately all the rain is in Texas and Louisiana they got it ALL. A years worth in one week.

Not to fear the feet of snow we get this year will make up the difference. 

Edited by iceman

8 hours ago, iceman said:

Unfortunately all the rain is in Texas and Louisiana they got it ALL. A years worth in one week.

Not to fear the feet of snow we get this year will make up the difference. 

good morning iceman !!!

just saw that on the news !!lots of rain !!!

hope will get buried next winter !!!

if you want to know about the rusty part on the bridge....dec 94 ...freight train hit a van at the railroad crossing...dollies of the trailer were stuck on the tracks..

freight train landed in the river !!!

missed that by 10 mins...i was coming back from near by the faribault camp ( trail 595 )...sledding !!!

jean-guy

DSC_8749.JPG

DSC_8761.JPG

DSC_8768.JPG

DSC_8721.JPG

DSC_8736.JPG

DSC_8732.JPG

DSC_8720.JPG

Grimmer. Question for you. I was reading in skiers magazine this morning about sking in the Chi Choc mountains.  Anyway they said there is a herd of cariboe in them mountains.  Is this true?

17 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

Grimmer. Question for you. I was reading in skiers magazine this morning about sking in the Chi Choc mountains.  Anyway they said there is a herd of cariboe in them mountains.  Is this true?

hi shore 1066 !!!

absolutely true !!!

few years back, i saw a few in the gaspesie park......can see them mostly on mt albert .... mt jacques -cartier ...mt logan 

one of my nephew saw 13... 3-4 weeks ago on mt  albert !!!...he was supposed to e mail me pics ...

roughly 15 years ago...i was at my camp ...went back in town for grocery and laundry ...on my way back , i saw one about 6 miles before arriving to my camp ...but i guess that one had a gps problem....completely lost i guess...

closest mountain is mt logan ...about 60 miles away ...

almost forgot..can t remember where i saw that ....last winter ,a team from national geographic magazine...they where snowshoeing or cross country skiing ...they went riding '' off the trail '' somewhere around mt albert where there was caribous....they were nt supposed to ride there....

sadly ,population of the caribous is on the way down since many years in the gaspesie park !!!

rode with my tuque last saturday

jean-guy

jean-guy

DSC_8512.JPG

It's happening guys. The st. Lawrence river has a little steam on it. Earliest I can ever remember. Water wasn't as warm this year either. 

hi artsled and shore 1066 !!!

back to civilisation !!!

a bit less dust here...rained friday and very early this morning !!!

cold friday and saturday night...0 c and 13 c last night !!!

saw 5 moose on my back to camp late saturday night within half a mile !!!

leaves are starting to change colors !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG

DSC_0112.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0107.JPG

DSC_8877.JPG

DSC_8780.JPG

DSC_0117.JPG

DSC_8883.JPG

DSC_8873.JPG

DSC_8880.JPG

DSC_0095.JPG

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0143.JPG

DSC_8885.JPG

DSC_0133.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_8881.JPG

DSC_8815.JPG

DSC_8862.JPG

4 hours ago, Sledwhore said:

Nice pics JG..... especially like the one of the two meese running....:vava:

hi sledwhore !!

thx...just too bad , there was not much daylight left ...only a few mins...

i was looking at the 2 calves since  3-4 mins....then mom came out of the ditch ....

not much pics this weekend...

jean-guy

DSC_8811.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_8807.JPG

DSC_8835.JPG

9 hours ago, artsled said:

Yes not cheap to run groomer 

yaaa.....i was joking !!!

nice welcome at work this morning...mom + calf in the plantation i was working last week...1 / 4 mile away ...i started to call for fun ...they came about 800' from me...lost sight of them....back in my truck ...1000 ' further...a bull 300 ' off the road in a clear cut !!!

great  sunrise btw ....

jean-guy

24 01 13 007.jpg

2 hours ago, hparaptor said:

Nice pictures.   I need to visit this thread more often. 

hi hparaptor !!!

merci !!!

took my biggest 4w ride last saturday morning since a long time...about 40 miles ...ahahha

might switch next weekend...instead of supper + moose run ....it should be ....moose run first ...then supper...not enough time last weekend after supper to ride and look for moose ,darkness come too fast ...

clear sky tonight ...darkness at 7 10 pm ...

jean-guy

DSC_8752.JPG

DSC_1801.JPG

hi hparaptor and artsled !!

sorry for the late reply....i had to change the spark plugs, oil filter ,gas filter on my computer last week ....hahhaa...connection problem !!!

thx for the offer...but no vacations for me during summer....and i guess my 4w is nt as fast as yours !!!

well, not much cold this weekend...11 c friday night around mid night and about samething last night...rainy day today !!!

my worse weekend for pics i guess...cloudy and dark both nights !!!....12 moose during weekend .

jean-guy

DSC_9158.JPG

DSC_9160.JPG

DSC_0057 (1).JPG

DSC_9146.JPG

DSC_0084 (1).JPG

DSC_0045 (2).JPG

DSC_0055 (2).JPG

DSC_0081 (1).JPG

DSC_0070 (1).JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

bonjour !!

few quick pics i took before starting working this morning ....-5-6-7 maybe 8 c !!!

windmills far away ....l ascension ...st francois area ....i learned last weekend by a friend working for hydro quebec...owner of windmill park ...compagny from chicago !!!

for connaisseurs of the gaspesie ....can see a bit of tq 5 ...long straight west of ste margeurite

....and if your sight is (still ) 20 / 20 you can see a moose on one of the pics...

the pic with 3 windmills and the road on the left side....saw 3 moose in the plantation below the wm last tuesday !!!

so foggy .monday ,tuesday and part of wednesday ...i was working in a cloud all day long ....could nt see the windmills !!!

jean-guy 

DSC_9189.JPG

DSC_9190.JPG

DSC_9182.JPG

DSC_9172.JPG

DSC_9163.JPG

DSC_9195.JPG

DSC_9205.JPG

DSC_9209.JPG

DSC_9215.JPG

On 2017-09-17 at 1:55 PM, groomer said:

hi hparaptor and artsled !!

sorry for the late reply....i had to change the spark plugs, oil filter ,gas filter on my computer last week ....hahhaa...connection problem !!!

thx for the offer...but no vacations for me during summer....and i guess my 4w is nt as fast as yours !!!

well, not much cold this weekend...11 c friday night around mid night and about samething last night...rainy day today !!!

my worse weekend for pics i guess...cloudy and dark both nights !!!....12 moose during weekend .

jean-guy

DSC_9158.JPG

DSC_9160.JPG

DSC_0057 (1).JPG

DSC_9146.JPG

DSC_0084 (1).JPG

DSC_0045 (2).JPG

DSC_0055 (2).JPG

DSC_0081 (1).JPG

DSC_0070 (1).JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

Yum yum....