Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Love those old pics

Groomer,got a few here from back in the mid 60s , one has my father sister and I. He would think nothing of going into the back country 20 or  30 miles on this machine and a sleigh solo with us, always had extra  belts and spark plugs 😁. If it was a big trip, well two machines and snow shoes would do lol.

enjoy RR

91E71D06-CE9C-4CC5-A489-606A6FA164B5.thumb.jpeg.e4e98dcc2b3bfa1281c2941b1f817ded.jpeg7A5D0D16-DE0D-4470-88FB-C478BE898055.thumb.jpeg.d83853777e7b051ee270d6f62f0ccacd.jpeg

68938588-52D4-4AD4-B9C0-162E6AEAA69B.thumb.jpeg.3df6fe26291b6083e2f6d55eea087f7b.jpeg

DDABD9D6-73EB-47A9-9257-C2336665D506.jpeg

hi 800 steve !!!

i was posting pics yesterday and looking at the woman on the 12 / 3 and the guy on the blue sled ( friend of my dad )....i was looking at their suits....ahhha...geez they had not much quality back then...

we re in 2017 and some still looking for the best boots...suits and gloves...imagine back then !!! ahahha

wooww ...nice pics rr !!!

i remember seeing the frame of twin track like that at the dealership next to my house back then....

i might have a memory blank....i think the gas tank was in the front end of the sled....a long tube passing thru the cab down to the frame...i might be completely wrong !!!

i forgot to say to 800 steve...changing belts and spark plugs back then were keeping sledders warm !!!

i said it before....i saw 52 spark plug in the back rest of a nordic....72-73 maybe !!!

saw your post before going to grocery...i saw a friend of mine...took time to ask him...i was nt sure....he still have the 63's ski  doo of his dad in his barn !!!

racing pic in matane....i remember going there with my oldest brother...team ski doo was there....duhamel.....ferland and desrosiers !!!

jean-guy

polaris.jpg

ski roule 2.jpg

sno jet.jpg

skidoo team.jpg

On 11/19/2017 at 4:20 PM, groomer said:

polaris.jpg

sno jet.jpg

Those 3 bangers look like Hearths with Tilotsons, my first sled build I was 19. I put a 800 cc Hearth triple with a set of Tilotsons in a '76 RV. The local club patrol was after me all the time and not trying to ticket me but rather they wanted me to work for them and patrol the trails with that sled. Heh!!!! i was 19 young dumb and full of c..... never happened!

10 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Those 3 bangers look like Hearths with Tilotsons, my first sled build I was 19. I put a 800 cc Hearth triple with a set of Tilotsons in a '76 RV. The local club patrol was after me all the time and not trying to ticket me but rather they wanted me to work for them and patrol the trails with that sled. Heh!!!! i was 19 young dumb and full of c..... never happened!

hi jg !!!

i remember the tillotson carbs back then with the gas filter...

about the same here...time to time i was riding a blizzard 7500...there was a snowmobile club back then in town...one of the patrol guy did nt like me much!!!

looks like bad weather is coming ...grey sky and -7c !!!

jean-guy

olympique.jpg

truck magasin.jpg

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

"Bad?"

bonjour playhard !!!

well ,bad .....

-5c right now ,still grey sky....just back from amqui...dad was talking with one of my sisters...she lives mid way between rdl and quebec city....it was raining there !!!

earlier this morning ,i was looking at old pics ...found those......ahahah...no comments please !!!

i still remember like it was yesterday ....half an hr of shoveling and vroooOOOOMMMM ...back in business !!!coming back from lac saumon...half a mile before intersection for amqui !!!

jean-guy

gilbert,lac saumon 047.jpg

gilbert,lac saumon 045.jpg

gilbert,lac saumon 041.jpg

gilbert,lac saumon 044.jpg

gilbert,lac saumon 042.jpg

gilbert,lac saumon 046.jpg

bonsoir !!!

back from a  40-45 miles ride...rained last night or early this morning ...icy on logging road !!!

from 2 to 6-7 '' !!!....saw one fox !!!

on my way back ...started raining at the 4 miles on the logging road !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0765.JPG

DSC_0769.JPG

DSC_0776.JPG

DSC_0781.JPG

DSC_0810.JPG

DSC_0819.JPG

DSC_0827.JPG

DSC_0829.JPG

DSC_0836.JPG

DSC_0842.JPG

DSC_0874.JPG

DSC_0876.JPG

hi smclelan and wulsock !!!

yaaa.......gaspesie...very nice !!! great pics of that guy !!!

on the post....looking at hog's back.....i was thinking when i lost my hat snowshoeing right on top with steven ...few years back !!! ahhhaa

pic with fog...matapedia river...the one with few clouds...ste florence...few miles from here !!!

on this post .....miguasha....maria...cross point and new richmond

no change for the quantity of snow....-12c this morning...still cloudy !!!

jean-guy

campbelton.jpg

cascapedia.jpg

maria.jpg

miguasha 3.jpg

miguasha.jpg

new richmond.jpg

52 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

Whoa!

woooWWW for sure playhard !!!

last ones !!!

bonaventure river....lots of yellow..........................................................miguasha again with little bay

camping carleton .....top of mt albert 

fields and montains..sea...st omer.................................................................restigouche river...with sand.......nb on one side...gaspesie on the other

fileds with river and lots of colors....hwy 20......riviere ouelle.....bsl

yellow trees....mosaique......les plateaux area...st francois...st alexis..l ascension

jean-guy

bona.jpg

camping.jpg

miguasha.jpg

mt  albert.jpg

st omer.jpg

rest ,,,gasp.jpg

riviere ouelle.jpg

plateaux.jpg

1 hour ago, Phil 1 said:

Wow those are just spectacular.

hi phil !!!

time to move to gaspesie !!!

pic of coleman bottom left.....back in 1990 ,coming back from mt logan....mid april.....we landed there in the valley ...super nice !!!

oc today.....mix of rain and snow !!!

jean-guy

coleman.jpg

13 minutes ago, Trailblazer said:

Looking like you’ll be out in the office pretty soon.

Here in MTL we are supposed to get our first signicant snowfall of the season 10-15 cms tomorrow, looking forward to pounding the back woods with my Tundra.

good morning jg !!!

no mosquitoes in sight this morning .....-22c and blue sky !!!

without paying much attention , i saw snow for the gaspesie on the news ,for tonight or tomorrow!!! 

met a friend at the grocery yesterday...12-14 '' of snow at the lake !!!

hope to start before christmas !!! vroooooooooooomm !!!..aahhaa

jean-guy

DSC_0075.JPG

DSC_0096.JPG

hi all !!!

for the connaisseurs of the gaspesie !!!

found these old pics this morning !!!

cross point ...campbellton...percé ....my town...st octave....msp .....ste anne des monts...riviere au renard and murdochville !!!

i read that the obelisk on the percé rock (the last one ) fell down in 1951 

it is written that back in 1603 , samuel de champlain was already  talking about the percé rock !!!

jean-guy

cross point.jpg

bridge.jpg

st octave.jpg

murdoch.jpg

gare.jpg

riviere renard.jpg

percé 48.jpg

ste anne des monts.jpg

percé 49.jpg

msp 1.jpg

percé 42.jpg

percé 43.jpg

percé 46.jpg

the rock.jpg

percé 45.jpg

kosap 5.jpg

kosap 15.jpg

kosap 8.jpg

st octave 1.jpg

percé 47.jpg

kosap 1.jpg

kosap 6.jpg

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

Some very cool old pictures!

You must have been just a boy when you took these.....LOL

hi smclelan !!!

yaa...cool ones !!! like old pics !!!

not that young....i included a selfie of myself !!!:rolleyes:

man with moose...from carleton ...one of the lacroix brothers...from lacroix lumber !!!

pic with car going down mt st joseph....i don t think im wrong ...went there with mom and his brother ...early 70's....on the way down...i saw my first moose alive crossing the road !!

pics of ....msp...mt louis...my town....routhierville...matapedia......st paulin with short bridge....and riviere madeleine

aircraft carrier...in matane...built by americans in seattle ...leased to united kingdom and '' driven '' by  canadians !!!

first name was....uss willipa.....changed for hms puncher....during ww 2 !!!

jean-guy

mt louis.jpg

msp 4.jpg

carleton.jpg

puncher.jpg

routhier 2.jpg

mt albert.jpg

jean-guy.jpg

anse pleureuse.jpg

kosap 3.jpg

riviere au renard.jpg

madeleine.jpg