Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Now that not nice. lol. I do remember when I see pictures of horse's a story my dad told about a certain horse he bought. He lived his hole life on the Canadian Border and lived in Canada and the USA. Anyway he told me about a horse he bought in Canada and it wouldn't do the gee and haw thing. Come to find out the horse came out of Montreal area and it only knew french. He said it took weeks to retrain it. What is gee and haw in french Groomer? I'm sure you know.

27 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

Now that not nice. lol. I do remember when I see pictures of horse's a story my dad told about a certain horse he bought. He lived his hole life on the Canadian Border and lived in Canada and the USA. Anyway he told me about a horse he bought in Canada and it wouldn't do the gee and haw thing. Come to find out the horse came out of Montreal area and it only knew french. He said it took weeks to retrain it. What is gee and haw in french Groomer? I'm sure you know.

bonsoir shore 1066 !!!

hahaha...funny story ...but excuse me , i have no skills with horses !!! ....never trusted horses...i rather have a moose close to me than a horse !!!

gee and haw.....maybe stop or go ...turn  left ...turn right....forward ...backward !!!!......i have no ideas at all !!! sorry , i won t be too much help to answer that !!!

pics...bridge in st alexis ( road 132 )....my town...dam downtown matane....and boy with bucket....st nil ....little village closed by the government back in the 70's....like st paulin and st octave !!

-21c right now !!!

jean-guy

matane 1.jpg

st nil.jpg

kosap.jpg

st alexis.jpg

bonsoir roadrunner and saguenay bill !!!

bienvenue !!! always interesting to look at old pics !!!

even if they had nt  not much to work with..people were clever back then !!!

pics of cap-chat ....around gaspé, gas station......gros morne......la martre....my town ,3 cars (taxi )...few hundred feet from my house!!!

2 cars on the road...cross point ...the one coming toward us....qpp...ahaha...no strob !!!

motel restigouche in matapedia, village with little bridge....and big bridge............mt louis.......lac saumon...mill.....percé.....ste anne des monts.....2 ladies...tourelle

riviere au renard...fence next to road....val brillant...lake on the left 

church in ste marguerite....kaputt since at least 25 years...back in the 70's and 80's......at least 60% of the population was gone to s-w ontario to work in the plantations there...so , the priest was almost alone in the church..not enough money for the maintenance of the church..etc....so, they demolished it....tq 5 is a 1/ 4 mile in front !!!

don t ask why poutine was born in pq ????....somewhere around gaspé if i remember well !!!

-25c !!!

jean-guy

percé 1.jpg

cap chat.jpg

gaspe.jpg

gaspe 2.jpg

percé.jpg

riviere a claude.jpg

lac saumon.jpg

matapedia 1.jpg

mt louis.jpg

ste anne des monts.jpg

la martre 1.jpg

mont st pierre.jpg

val brillant.jpg

ste anne des monts.jpg

taxi.jpg

tourelle.jpg

patates.jpg

rivire au renard.jpg

ste marguerite.jpg

matapedia.jpg

la martre.jpg

gros morne 1.jpg

gros morne 2.jpg

cross point.jpg

kosap 7.jpg

kosap 9.jpg

matane.jpg

matapedia 2.jpg

Edited by groomer

I like the picture of you in front of the hay wagon, you haven't aged a bit!!  The pictures very cool, you can see areas that are clear-cut at that time and a forest there now. The Gaspésie was very remote and farming was a big part of life....along with fishing of course.

hi all !!!

bienvenue !!! 

thats why back then they had big ,they were working with heavy chainsaw...axes...etc

the big belly ...was the beer of the weekends...hahaha

steven... a bit of respect for the elderly !!!...ahaha

pics of cap chat ....house on the beach ...and the mountain in the middle of pic...sea on the left 

car down the bridge....looks like a member was scouting tq 5 at st fidele cb !!!

carleton ...with church and mountains........gaspé ...car near water and the one with a set of chains + bridge across bay !!!

grande vallée...tractor pulling sleights with woods...and the horse right side of pic.

riviere au renard...'' bull '' pulling sleight...car on the right side of the road...going up hill

road going up the valley ..somewhere between percé and gaspé.....railroad by the river...west side of matapedia

lac aux americains....gaspesie park....at the beginning of 1900 !!!....gros morne car under the cliff..woman with snowshoes...don t know

crane on the railroad...next where i took my pics ..sunday 

road with fences on both side...st alexis....back in the 70's...average 3 sleds per house there...ski doo dealer there !!!

ste anne des monts with rough sea and st octave with the depanneur on the left side ...

gaspe canoe on the river...at the '' forks '' in town...auberge on the left !!!

jean-guy

carleton.jpg

cap chat 2.jpg

gaspe 1.jpg

gaspe 2.jpg

cap chat 1.jpg

assemetquagan.jpg

cheval.jpg

grande vallée.jpg

matapedia 1.jpg

grande vallée 1.jpg

gaspe 3.jpg

gaspe 4.jpg

gros morne 1.jpg

lac aux americains.jpg

kosap 18.jpg

riviere au renard 1.jpg

kosap 17.jpg

riviere au renard.jpg

percé 4.jpg

port daniel.jpg

snow shoes.jpg

st alexis.jpg

st octave 1.jpg

ste anne des monts 1.jpg

16 hours ago, groomer said:

pics of cap-chat ....around gaspé, gas station......gros morne......la martre....my town ,3 cars (taxi )...few hundred feet from my house!!!

2 cars on the road...cross point ...the one coming toward us....qpp...ahaha...no strob !!!

motel restigouche in matapedia, village with little bridge....and big bridge............mt louis.......lac saumon...mill.....percé.....ste anne des monts.....2 ladies...tourelle

church in ste marguerite....kaputt since at least 25 years...back in the 70's and 80's......at least 60% of the population was gone to s-w ontario to work in the plantations there...so , the priest was almost alone in the church..not enough money for the maintenance of the church..etc....so, they demolished it....tq 5 is a 1/ 4 mile in front !!!

don t ask why poutine was born in pq ????....somewhere around gaspé if i remember well !!!

-25c !!!

jean-guy

percé 1.jpg

cap chat.jpg

gaspe.jpg

gaspe 2.jpg

percé.jpg

riviere a claude.jpg

lac saumon.jpg

matapedia 1.jpg

mt louis.jpg

ste anne des monts.jpg

la martre 1.jpg

mont st pierre.jpg

val brillant.jpg

ste anne des monts.jpg

taxi.jpg

tourelle.jpg

patates.jpg

rivire au renard.jpg

ste marguerite.jpg

matapedia.jpg

la martre.jpg

gros morne 1.jpg

gros morne 2.jpg

cross point.jpg

kosap 7.jpg

kosap 9.jpg

matane.jpg

matapedia 2.jpg

16 hours ago, groomer said:

-25c !!!

jean-guy

percé 1.jpg

cap chat.jpg

gaspe.jpg

gaspe 2.jpg

percé.jpg

riviere a claude.jpg

lac saumon.jpg

matapedia 1.jpg

mt louis.jpg

ste anne des monts.jpg

la martre 1.jpg

mont st pierre.jpg

val brillant.jpg

ste anne des monts.jpg

taxi.jpg

tourelle.jpg

patates.jpg

rivire au renard.jpg

ste marguerite.jpg

matapedia.jpg

la martre.jpg

gros morne 1.jpg

gros morne 2.jpg

cross point.jpg

kosap 7.jpg

kosap 9.jpg

matane.jpg

matapedia 2.jpg

Those potato's remind me of the old country before the Great Potato Famine,that pushed many families to go west to N.America.

3 hours ago, vt_bluyamaha54 said:

Amazing old pictures JG. Always like to see them to remember and appreciate the history of an area -

I wonder now though with so many taking pictures that stay in devices, (digital) what people will be able to see in say, 50yrs?

hi vt blu and gaf !!!

yaa..this came to mind often thinking how many pics i could have taken with digital camera when i was going to mx races .....thousand and thousand !!!

i read last night...the were '' feeding '' potaoes with fish....read another story this morning ...can t remember !!!

forgot to mention .....people were able to loop the gaspesie starting in the early 30's !!!

pics of my town...barn and house on the left ...tq 5 is behind the house...the long fields with the house ...far right...gas station is on the other side of river...can see mountains of lac saumon and st alexandre ..top right !!

msp pics....the short covered bridge....same spot than the bridge over matapedia river...shortcut for albertville.

long covered bridge....maria..new richmond....built in 1927 if i remember...in 54 .....one a-hole put the fire on purpose on the bridge

downtown ste marguerite

pics with road for the lake...where i take often pics of the groomer on the bridge....back in the 70's ...there was a house where the cars are parked...it was our clubhouse for our club in town...

ice .....ste anne des monts 

moving the houses in st octave back in the early 70's...i saw a documentary about that ...maybe 20 years ago...some were so mad to move...they did nt care about the money the government was offering ....they just put the fire in their houses !!!

cloudy ....-16c !!!

jean-guy

kosap 19.jpg

kosap 14.jpg

kosap 20.jpg

kosap 21.jpg

kosap 22.jpg

kosap 23.jpg

kosap 24.jpg

kosap 25.jpg

kosap 26.jpg

mont st pierre 1.jpg

mont st pierre 2.jpg

mont st pierre 6.jpg

mont st pierre.jpg

new richmond.jpg

percé 4.jpg

percé 6.jpg

ste anne des monts.jpg

ste marguerite 1.jpg

ste marguerite 2.jpg

st octave 1.jpg

bonsoir !!!

mini update...take 2 !!!

roughly 10''.....still snowing ...bit more rock'n roll....windy !!!

-3c during afternoon....sticky snow....-8c right now !!!

rust is all gone on my shovel !!!

jeaan-guy

DSC_1268.JPG

DSC_1302.JPG

DSC_1282.JPG

DSC_1264.JPG

DSC_1262.JPG

DSC_1292.JPG

DSC_1295.JPG

hi doo4adoo and phil !!!

storm is kaputt since 8 pm !!!....yaa...old pics always interesting to look at !!!

i guess by saturday i should be in control of my sport car !!!...ahahah

a guy  from gaspe ( city ) wrote on the french forum earlier this morning...at least a foot of snow there !!!

well ,  i guess the ladies in albertville are missing their operator...aahha....saw the waitress only 1x since april and i have nt seen the secretary since then !!!

just thinking about that.....back in 94 ...dec 14 th ...bridge with railroad....there was a truck full of wood chips stuck on the crossing ...dollies were stuck....60 ' from bridge..

1 engine + a few wagons kaputt in the river ...i missed that by 10 mins.....i was coming back from mt caribou ....south of faribault camp..trail 595 ....went to clean  solar panels for the  mill

here in town...started from the 41 miles on logging road by sled !!

jean-guy

DSC_3159.JPG

DSC_7660.JPG

DSC_1417.JPG

DSC_7378.JPG

33 minutes ago, timbo said:

Great Pics, JG.  Starting to get "worked-up" as the trails open.

Hope to see you soon!

bonjour timbo !!!

yes....with warm temps yesterday ...-3c and -20c this morning  ...it ll be good to groom ...-18c right now and cloudy !!!

...getting more windy !!!

hope to see you soon too...

jean-guy

DSC_0163.JPG

DSC_0121.JPG

While you are warming up the sport car I'll show you another visitor in my neighborhood yesterday. We have a good size Creek a block away and the Lehigh river runs into the Delaware river in Easton. It's been more common to see 🦅 here but this guy is sitting on a pole hunting 1/4 mile from my house. 

IMG_0430.PNG

1 hour ago, Phil 1 said:

While you are warming up the sport car I'll show you another visitor in my neighborhood yesterday. We have a good size Creek a block away and the Lehigh river runs into the Delaware river in Easton. It's been more common to see 🦅 here but this guy is sitting on a pole hunting 1/4 mile from my house. 

IMG_0430.PNG

hi phil !!!

haha...wooww....lucky !!!..seldom we see them around here !!! im no bird expert....but best time to see them in town...sept and october...maybe they are looking for salmons !!

last one i saw...maybe 2 years ago....coming back from work in ste marguerite...he was in a field....took off few hundred feet in front of me !!!

late sept ...oct ..cormorant hang on the little island at the '' forks '' in town !!!

easton..... as good as the gaspesie !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0100.JPG

DSC_0141.JPG

39 minutes ago, momojohnny said:

Really enjoyed those old time pic's JG......

hi momo !!!

good for you !!! the pic of the jeep in front of motel in msp ....reminds me when we were going mx  racing there....pierre...yamaha dealer...was telling us about going up there with an old volkswagen beetle on top of the mountain !!!

well ,waitress messaged me a few mins ago .....if no traffic jam tomorrow ,i ll be downtown albertville for  1 pm....ahaha

jean-guy

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0116.JPG