Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

bonjour a tous !!!

just a quick report ...rained a lot yesterday ....

snowing right now since early morning ...about 6'' + maybe 

back from fixing drag and a few nic nacs on the machine !!!

saw a few reports...better check trail conditions bsl and gaspesie !!!

jean-guy

14 03 14 046.jpg

forgot....

guy from paspebiac posted yesterday .....their groomer kaputt ...caught in fire !!!

samething than me...just one year younger !!!

they leased one....back in business next tuesday !!!

jean-guy

kodas.jpg

J G, these pics are probably the best thing anyone has seen or heard in the last few days. Typically when you hear or see nothing on line from an area after a rain it usually means things are not good, nice to see you back in business, the trail looks great, happy motoring!!

j

8 hours ago, quebec bob said:

J G, these pics are probably the best thing anyone has seen or heard in the last few days. Typically when you hear or see nothing on line from an area after a rain it usually means things are not good, nice to see you back in business, the trail looks great, happy motoring!!

hi quebec bob !!!

good for you !!! snow was like sand if i can say that ...feeling heavy ......but at least no damages with the rain ....maybe 12 years ago , almost got stuck in the slush ...so , i learned from that ....after heavy rain ....always wait a day ...time to let water go ...

on my way back grooming around 8 am....no stress....- 34 c right now .....just checked ....-35.5 c at 5 am....at the airport !!!

thx 

jean-guy

DSC_4030.JPG

DSC_3963.JPG

DSC_3935.JPG

DSC_4057.JPG

48 minutes ago, Florida Snowman said:

Great pics of that red fox Jean-Guy!  You had to be very quick with the camera to get those!

hi tom !!!

merci....im a bit '' rusty '' with'' action pics '''.....must be quick for sure and think fast....had to check setting on the little screen of camera...had only very few seconds...pics are blurred a bit !!!

deer about 1 miles before crossing main street in town...forgot that i had my camera with big lens...

jean-guy

DSC_4147.JPG

DSC_4173.JPG

DSC_4176.JPG

3 hours ago, quebec bob said:

J G,  great pics, you have a nice office, you are a lucky man!!

hi quebec bob !!!

yes...not too bad !!! thx.....traffic jams are just different than yours i guess !!!

started snowing 20 mins ago...lightly  ....-12c !!!

back from clubhouse...guys from matane !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0020 (1).JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

bonjour !!!

aujourdhui dans la gaspesie !!!

about 3 '' of fresh snow this morning ....mild temps....- 3 c....grey sky !!!

free weekend....tq 5 will be rock'n roll to groom monday !!!

pics from last thursday ...trail for lake ...

no pics of tq 5 last friday...slept only 3 hrs...so , i was in a hurry to go back on the couch ...ahaha

jean-guy

DSC_4193.JPG

DSC_4194.JPG

DSC_4184.JPG

DSC_4195.JPG

DSC_4190.JPG

47 minutes ago, William Gaf Gaffney said:

Looking  forward to seeing this new territory[for me] starting next weekend.Will be in touch soon.Gaf

hi gaf !!!

no problem ...i read this morning that we might have a storm early next week ....this could change grooming schedule a bit ...as usual , let me know a day in advance if possible !!!

snowing lightly right now !!!

jean-giuy

DSC_1401.JPG

DSC_1413.JPG

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

Awesome picture of the trees hanging over the trail!

hi smclelan !!!

merci ... next to gas station at the end of my street ...just before the gravel pit ...1 mile lower than '' school bus ''...back in march of last season !!!

relaxing tonight from my yesterday's run on tq 5 !!! went down to st fidele cb .....back up to 90's corner...took my first break there !!!...then another one at the logging road...first tourists arrived there from cross point  i guess !!!

i know they are harvesting trees between the lake and lake casault ...don t know exactly where...road from the '' 16 miles to lake is plowed !!!

-5c !!!

jean-guy 

DSC_1738.JPG

DSC_1722.JPG

bonsoir !!!

like iceman yesterday ...im going to use a bit of quebec culture.....tbk it was rough ....nicest spot i saw .....parking of the machine at the gas station ...bumps after bumps ...after bumps ...

just crazy ......left at 3 am ...back at  215 pm .....very slow....

about 25 sleds max....

met a group of gaspesians in ste marguerite.....leader of the group knew me from the net !!!

sunny and cold.....

jean-guy

DSC_4235.JPG

DSC_4230.JPG

DSC_4219.JPG

DSC_4215.JPG

DSC_4240.JPG

DSC_4243.JPG

DSC_4248.JPG

DSC_4252.JPG

DSC_4263.JPG

DSC_4268.JPG

DSC_4272.JPG

DSC_4282.JPG

DSC_4290.JPG

DSC_4294.JPG

DSC_4310.JPG

DSC_4314.JPG

DSC_4318.JPG

DSC_4325.JPG

Hope you have everything groomed and smooth, it sounds like the Gaspesie going to get a dump of snow over the next couple days. Tomorrow will be a good couch day or tour in the truck with the camera day. Missed you when we were there last week.  Mike did end up buying his permit from your club when we passed through.

31 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Hope you have everything groomed and smooth, it sounds like the Gaspesie going to get a dump of snow over the next couple days. Tomorrow will be a good couch day or tour in the truck with the camera day. Missed you when we were there last week.  Mike did end up buying his permit from your club when we passed through.

bonsoir steven !!!

saw a weather statement about that storm....looks like tomorrow will be rock'n roll...

that 3-4'' of fresh snow saturday did nt help ....made the trail rougher...

last monday or tuesday ...maybe wednesday ...saw a machine like mine on a truck going east ...maybe for the club around paspebiac ???

i better stay on the couch tomorrow for a while...awake since  1 15 am ...

don t forget to say thx to mike !!!

jean-guy

DSC_4320.JPG

DSC_4260.JPG

Hi JG your right there were a few bumps on 5 on weekend.wife and I stopped at your club Sunday morning for breakfast which was great.And have a glass of your favourite on us! We left a note with waitress.Peter&Natalia 

1 hour ago, PMAC said:

Hi JG your right there were a few bumps on 5 on weekend.wife and I stopped at your club Sunday morning for breakfast which was great.And have a glass of your favourite on us! We left a note with waitress.Peter&Natalia 

hi peter and natalia !!!

sorry  for the bumpy trail....free weekend , always like that ...normally i groom tq 5 early thursday morning ....i waited for the friday instead to save a few..

great thx for the gift ...very appreciated...

started snowing about an hr ago ...lightly right now !!!

-19c !!!

jean-guy

DSC_3196.JPG

DSC_3170.JPG

DSC_3191.JPG

DSC_3194.JPG

DSC_3153.JPG

15 hours ago, groomer said:

bonsoir !!!

like iceman yesterday ...im going to use a bit of quebec culture.....tbk it was rough ....nicest spot i saw .....parking of the machine at the gas station ...bumps after bumps ...after bumps ...

just crazy ......left at 3 am ...back at  215 pm .....very slow....

about 25 sleds max....

met a group of gaspesians in ste marguerite.....leader of the group knew me from the net !!!

sunny and cold.....

jean-guy

DSC_4235.JPG

DSC_4230.JPG

DSC_4219.JPG

DSC_4215.JPG

DSC_4240.JPG

DSC_4243.JPG

DSC_4248.JPG

DSC_4252.JPG

DSC_4263.JPG

DSC_4268.JPG

DSC_4272.JPG

DSC_4282.JPG

DSC_4290.JPG

DSC_4294.JPG

DSC_4310.JPG

DSC_4314.JPG

DSC_4318.JPG

DSC_4325.JPG

Hi groomer, glad to have finally met you in person! Been following your posts for a long time LOL. Love the pictures, and great job on the trail as usual...nice and smooth!

P.S. we are actually from southern New Brunswick  (Moncton)

50 minutes ago, Twin600 said:

Hi groomer, glad to have finally met you in person! Been following your posts for a long time LOL. Love the pictures, and great job on the trail as usual...nice and smooth!

P.S. we are actually from southern New Brunswick  (Moncton)

hi twin600 !!!

whoooopppsss !!! ahhah...very sorry for my mistake !!!

well , before we met , i stopped at the stop sign on main street in ste marguerite for a shot of coffee.....while there, 2 sledders, 10 mins ahead of you... passed by , i saw their pq plates !!!

looks like i had those plates in mind and the way you were speaking ,your accent .....same than some people around carleton...paspebiac area...

i guess i was sleepy a bit ....very sorry for the confusion ....

i checked my pics again...can see clearly the nb plates....

free coffee for your group at the clubhouse ...ahaha

.....and great to meet you on tq 5 !!!

jean-guy

DSC_2381.JPG

DSC_2377.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG