Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

2 hours ago, groomer said:

hi twin600 !!!

whoooopppsss !!! ahhah...very sorry for my mistake !!!

well , before we met , i stopped at the stop sign on main street in ste marguerite for a shot of coffee.....while there, 2 sledders, 10 mins ahead of you... passed by , i saw their pq plates !!!

looks like i had those plates in mind and the way you were speaking ,your accent .....same than some people around carleton...paspebiac area...

i guess i was sleepy a bit ....very sorry for the confusion ....

i checked my pics again...can see clearly the nb plates....

free coffee for your group at the clubhouse ...ahaha

.....and great to meet you on tq 5 !!!

jean-guy

Hahaha not offended whatsoever! Would have loved to talk a little longer but most of the group wanted to get home not too late. Will try to catch up with you again next time. 

26 minutes ago, Twin600 said:

Hahaha not offended whatsoever! Would have loved to talk a little longer but most of the group wanted to get home not too late. Will try to catch up with you again next time. 

great !!!

you landed home on the right day....just back from a '' tour de ville ''....rock'n roll now !!!

up to 4''...not the greatest day to ride....poor visibility !!!

jean-guy

DSC_4334.JPG

DSC_4342.JPG

DSC_4346.JPG

DSC_4348.JPG

DSC_4352.JPG

DSC_4356.JPG

DSC_4333.JPG

48 minutes ago, 182ray said:

You always post the best pics JG

bonjour ray !!!

merci !!! tres apprecié !!!

its encouraging taking pics when someone give you a nice comment...im still not a pro ...far from there !!!

storm still going strong ...looks like wind is gaining speed a bit !!!

someone told me that we might have freezing rain tonight......-14c right now...

better stay close to couch...ahha

don t forget to say hello to your wife !!!

thx again...pics from last march !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

16 hours ago, groomer said:

hi peter and natalia !!!

sorry  for the bumpy trail....free weekend , always like that ...normally i groom tq 5 early thursday morning ....i waited for the friday instead to save a few..

great thx for the gift ...very appreciated...

started snowing about an hr ago ...lightly right now !!!

-19c !!!

jean-guy

DSC_3196.JPG

DSC_3170.JPG

DSC_3191.JPG

DSC_3194.JPG

DSC_3153.JPG

Did you get yourself a Scandic 20 wide?

2 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Did you get yourself a Scandic 20 wide?

good morning jg !!!

early in the gaspesie !!!

no , that was last march.....i was on my way grooming ....just outside town ...started raining ...

brought machine home.....and i went '' you know where ''...borrowed  a sled and went shoveling roof of my camp !!!

-10c ......freezing rain before going to bed...fleurries right now....on my way grooming tq 5 !!!

jean-guy

eglise.jpg

moto ski.jpg

great set of TUNED PIPES on that Moto Ski. They were built right down the street in La Pocatiere, probably spelled it wrong!! I remember riding a 320 Olympic back in the mid-sixties, we thought it was fast, I think it was 18 hp. You needed a lot of tools to ride it for a day, amazing where we are today, traveling to another country to enjoy 250 trouble free miles a day.We have this great forum, high tech sleds, a 30k maintained trail system, with people all over the trail system working their tails off dusk to dawn hoping for our arrival, you could not have dreamed this back then, when we were just a bunch of kids annoying the neighbors with smoke and noise. 2020 will  be the winter that will have many of us on this forum participating in this sport in 7 different decades, amazing!!

8 hours ago, quebec bob said:

great set of TUNED PIPES on that Moto Ski. They were built right down the street in La Pocatiere, probably spelled it wrong!! I remember riding a 320 Olympic back in the mid-sixties, we thought it was fast, I think it was 18 hp. You needed a lot of tools to ride it for a day, amazing where we are today, traveling to another country to enjoy 250 trouble free miles a day.We have this great forum, high tech sleds, a 30k maintained trail system, with people all over the trail system working their tails off dusk to dawn hoping for our arrival, you could not have dreamed this back then, when we were just a bunch of kids annoying the neighbors with smoke and noise. 2020 will  be the winter that will have many of us on this forum participating in this sport in 7 different decades, amazing!!

hi quebec bob !!

for sure ...nice set of pipes....i was too young back then ...but my oldest brother was bringing me to the races....

i was maybe 8-10 -12 years old....but i remember going there..

pics taken at '' club des raquetteurs ''  s-e of rimouski ....near st donat !!!

jean-guy

ski roule 2.jpg

club raquetteurs.jpg

back from grooming tq 5 ...-4c at 4 am when i jumped on main street at city hall 

-15c right now...

snowed lightly til 9 am ...bit of sunshine ...then windy ...and grey sky ...

snow was bs...just like sand...someone told me that it did nt rain much last night...

only 3 sleds coming from cross point !!!

jean-guy

DSC_4363.JPG

DSC_4367.JPG

DSC_4381.JPG

DSC_4384.JPG

DSC_4391.JPG

DSC_4405.JPG

DSC_4406.JPG

DSC_4419.JPG

DSC_4431.JPG

DSC_4433.JPG

DSC_4439.JPG

DSC_4455.JPG

1 hour ago, quebec bob said:

These triples were either 669s or 775s, probably 669's, Polaris also has some wild triples a few years later!

could be !!!

the only triple i remember ...when ski doo had their blizzard 775 with chromed skis...

i was 10 years old back then !!!

jean-guy

polaris.jpg

sno jet.jpg

You bet, these moto skis were basically orange ski-doos, way back then, the 669 was their first triple then they upped it to 775. We use to put them in the Elan 250 chassis, kind of like putting a v-8 350 in a chevy vega.

11 hours ago, quebec bob said:

You bet, these moto skis were basically orange ski-doos, way back then, the 669 was their first triple then they upped it to 775. We use to put them in the Elan 250 chassis, kind of like putting a v-8 350 in a chevy vega.

hi quebec bob !!!

ahaha...funny ...sorry ...not much imagination tonight..

back from grooming local trails....wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiindy !!!...wooww

jean-guy

DSC_4473.JPG

DSC_4475.JPG

DSC_4478.JPG

DSC_4483.JPG

DSC_4492.JPG

DSC_4495.JPG

DSC_4469.JPG

DSC_4474.JPG

DSC_4471.JPG

looks like the trail is setting up nicely, white concrete, been lucky enough over the years to be the first one out many mornings where I get to ride all the way to lunch making the first tracks, one time we rode like that from point crossing to edmunston, thru kedgewick and moose valley , 2 days, absolutely incredible, saw about 3 sleds!!

On 1/25/2018 at 8:49 PM, quebec bob said:

looks like the trail is setting up nicely, white concrete, been lucky enough over the years to be the first one out many mornings where I get to ride all the way to lunch making the first tracks, one time we rode like that from point crossing to edmunston, thru kedgewick and moose valley , 2 days, absolutely incredible, saw about 3 sleds!!

hi quebec bob !!!

nice to groom since last 2 days...better today ....cold and snow was working great ...

must be a good feeling to be first on fresh groomed trails when they are like cement ...

about 25 sleds today ...most of them going west 

jean-guy

DSC_4510.JPG

DSC_4518.JPG

DSC_4516.JPG

DSC_4523.JPG

DSC_4528.JPG

DSC_4532.JPG

DSC_4535.JPG

DSC_4537.JPG

DSC_4541.JPG

DSC_4543.JPG

DSC_4545.JPG

DSC_4552.JPG

DSC_4594.JPG

DSC_4596.JPG

3 hours ago, PMAC said:

hi pmac !!

great thx for sharing your pics !!!

never been on 587 ...looks nice...member here posted a nice video ...2-3 years ago...13-14 mins video !!!

yesterday morning ...5-6 miles outside ste marguerite , at the 90' corner...all on ski doo if memory still good....a group from ns...looks like one was playing in the powder... he was stuck ...i waited a few mins while talking with a lady !!!

nice shot of the clubhouse 

jean-guy

bonjour !!!

back from grooming tq 5 + 1 local trail  !!!

stopped maybe 20 mins max....left at 3 am back at 1 30 pm...heavier traffic..

cloudy most of the run ....sunshine is back...too late....only 1 pic.....

jean-guy

DSC_4622.JPG

I thing we seen you in St Florence. You looked too busy to stop and talk. Great trails you make sir. Thanks very much.

20 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

I thing we seen you in St Florence. You looked too busy to stop and talk. Great trails you make sir. Thanks very much.

bonsoir shore 1066 !!!

yaaa...that was me...no...not busy ....i was waiting for the last one to pass beside the machine....then ..a shot of coffee !!! took lunch at the stop sign at the corner of tq 5 !!!

not sure...last one i think , had a nh sticker...

a few mins before ...i talked with the yamaha dealer of cross point ...he was on his way to matane !!!!

bienvenue...glad you enjoyed the trail !!!

DSC_0001.JPG

1 hour ago, groomer said:

hi all !!!

back from grooming tq 5 at noon ..

low traffic....few fleurries ...-10c !!!

jean-guy

DSC_4642.JPG

DSC_4645.JPG

They look OK...maybe you can go back and do them again?

LOL........I am going to send you someone from NY to show you how to groom !!!!!!

Awesome job JG, we all appreciate it!