Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

bonsoir !!!

groomed tq 5 earlier this morning ...woooWWW...war zone...i don t remember seeing tq 5 rock'n roll like that....

25-30 sleds today ...

pic of the machine...where the bad luck of window and fender happened !!!

grey sky ...around 0c !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0005 (2).JPG

DSC_5572.JPG

DSC_5580.JPG

DSC_5588.JPG

DSC_5562.JPG

DSC_0008 (1).JPG

21 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

You get a new window yet? At least its not real cold so the plastic probably works. If it gets any warmer the mosquitoes too!

hi jackstraw !!!

took a nap on my way back home...then met the mechanic just by hazard  at the grocery.....yes ...window on the way ..ordered...i can t remember exactly what he said....close to 1500.00$$ for the fender...looks like we re going to put a patch for now !!!

plastic not too bad...more noisy and must watch branches....i did a bit of patching when i landed at st fidele cb...i had 3 holes in the palstic...i have a big roll of duct tape in the cab..

better go to hardware store tomorrow to buy a spray can ( repellant ..sp maybe ) just in case ..still a hole bottom right side..not much room to put tape ...

super slow run....started at 2 45 am....back at 1 15 pm ...i stopped not more than 15 mins...3 shots of coffee !!!

jean-guy

10 12 13 150.jpg

DSC_6497.JPG

absolutely right quebec bob...can do almost miracles with that  !!!

no smclelan....palstic don t bother at all ...probably wait for the weekend to fix window....

i never drove the prinoth or the br before...i could hit a tree and break another window...ahahaha

you remind me when the br was down back in the early 00's.... i was grooming all tq 5 alone plus my other trails for 3 weeks...*&?%$/......*&?%$$

i was grooming and sleeping ..

trail next to brook at my camp ...old lumberjack portage back in the old days....i was walking that trail with dad .....when i was 8-10-12 years old...for 3 miles 

jean-guy

DSC_3171.JPG

DSC_3164.JPG

DSC_3167.JPG

bonsoir a tous !!!

woke up around 7 am....light drizzle...stopped around 8 30 am....then another half an hr shot around 3 pm...

still foggy up the hills...but clearing slowly...saw a bit of sunshine ...far away !!!

walked a few hundred feet on the trail to go to the bridge behind church....soft ...but no damages !!!

-4c right now !!!

if it rained a lot ...while sleeping last night i guess !!!! snow banks are still 4-5' high  in my street !!!

jean-guy

DSC_5591.JPG

DSC_5592.JPG

DSC_5596.JPG

DSC_5600.JPG

DSC_5603.JPG

DSC_5605.JPG

DSC_5609.JPG

DSC_5611.JPG

DSC_5613.JPG

DSC_5617.JPG

DSC_5622.JPG

DSC_5625.JPG

DSC_5627.JPG

DSC_5631.JPG

14 minutes ago, 603backcountry said:

Thanks groomer looks like mother nature did not hurt us too bad Merci pour de la report

bienvenue 603backcountry !!!

rain did nt affect quantity of snow much....just need cold temps to be back in business...

windy since half an hr...

bed time...i ll see later tonight !!!

jean-guy

DSC_4309.JPG

DSC_4310.JPG

DSC_4320.JPG

1 hour ago, Yeti62 said:

Jean-Guy, 
Just came back from a trip to the Gaspe, trails were great. Trail 587S was flawless!

IMG_4432.JPG

hi yeti !!!

great to hear from you ........good for you if trail were very good !!!

back from grooming tq 5 + 1 local trail.....

great day for riding with great conditions......- 12 c when i left this morning ......3 am.......sunny right now, still feel the cold !!!

traffic is medium !!!!

just checked...-12c in the shade !!!

jean-guy

DSC_5633.JPG

DSC_5634.JPG

DSC_5640.JPG

DSC_5643.JPG

DSC_5645.JPG

DSC_5646.JPG

DSC_5650.JPG

DSC_5656.JPG

DSC_5663.JPG

DSC_5664.JPG

DSC_5666.JPG

DSC_5671.JPG

DSC_5676.JPG

DSC_5684.JPG

DSC_5686.JPG

DSC_5688.JPG

DSC_5692.JPG

DSC_5696.JPG

DSC_5700.JPG

1 hour ago, mcstar said:

Hi JG, are these last photos of the grooming taken today?

Looks like good conditions!!

hi mcstar !!!

oui...all of them ...tq 5 and a few of ste florence !!!

met first sleds at bottom of hill with antler ...around 8 30 .....9 am..on my way back ....trail was already stiff  ...nice !!!

yaaa..great conditions...great snow to groom....-15c !!!!

jean-guy

DSC_5658.JPG

DSC_5696.JPG

DSC_5697.JPG

31 minutes ago, Padragon800 said:

Hey groomer what area are you in in gaspe ? Looking to come up for a few days next week and your area looks amazing! Also any suggestions lodging?

hi padragon !!!

im in the matapedia valley ....i groom for the club in albertville.....75 miles east of rimouski ........50 miles south of matane and 50 miles west of quebec / nb border......cross point ...campbellton

here in town...auberge la coulée douce....

in amqui ...12 miles west from here.....select hotel or auberge l ambassadeur !!!!

sorry ...no scenery pics...took the first ones i saw...ahaha

must go......

jean-guy

08 03 14 186.jpg

08 03 14 187.jpg

08 03 14 188.jpg

08 03 14 198.jpg

High pressure fuel injection, spraying fuel onto exhaust and pants, no game, you really have to understand when this happens to GET AWAY FROM THE SLED, HAVE A PLAN, GET THAT FUEL CADDY IF YOU CAN,  and maybe unhook your heated shield. Seriously, when this shit happens you have to realize everything is plastic, and you cannot save it, be smart and get the hell away from it in case it explodes. Really terrible day when this happens but really great to see the post so if it happens to your group you will remember what to do when it is hard to think quick and smart, hope he has insurance and nobody got hurt.

bonsoir pinkm1 and quebec bob !!!

yaa....a bit worse ........a bit colder this morning with my '' bay window ''' for the first few miles...ahaha

back in 2014 .....

at the corner of 587 and 591 .....rally for breast cancer.......as soon the guy slowed down......boooooom !!!

friends helped to put fire down !!! we were coming back from the '' mommies '''

thx for explanation quebec bob...

trails will be stiff tomorrow...cold !!!

jean-guy

28 01 14 015.jpg

3 hours ago, quebec bob said:

High pressure fuel injection, spraying fuel onto exhaust and pants, no game, you really have to understand when this happens to GET AWAY FROM THE SLED, HAVE A PLAN, GET THAT FUEL CADDY IF YOU CAN,  and maybe unhook your heated shield. Seriously, when this shit happens you have to realize everything is plastic, and you cannot save it, be smart and get the hell away from it in case it explodes. Really terrible day when this happens but really great to see the post so if it happens to your group you will remember what to do when it is hard to think quick and smart, hope he has insurance and nobody got hurt.

Not to mention when the shocks explode. Get far away.

See....he does exist.

We had the pleasure of dinner with groomer last night.

Besides being a great photographer, he is a wealth of information and gentleman.

Thanx for all you do, Jeff and Sandy 

2018022295193024.jpg

15 minutes ago, Northbound said:

See....he does exist.

We had the pleasure of dinner with groomer last night.

Besides being a great photographer, he is a wealth of information and gentleman.

Thanx for all you do, Jeff and Sandy 

2018022295193024.jpg

good morning jeff and sandy !!!

great spending time with you last night....always a pleasure to meet you !!!

it was -30c at 6 am.....at the airport ....next to shortcut..

-26c at my house right now....

getting ready to spend the day grooming local trails 

merci !!!

jean-guy

DSC_7675.JPG

DSC_7808.JPG

9 hours ago, Phil 1 said:

Not to mention when the shocks explode. Get far away.

Really good thought Phil, never thought of that but saw it once in the shop, a tech heating shock bolts with a torch, very high pressure spraying hydraulic oil under pressure, really dangerous!!