Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi pmac and smclelan !!!

still lots of snow ....but i would like to have more cold temps....not too funny since a week ...

expecting a rock'n roll run later tonight....last friday morning at 2 15 am....raining ....went back to bed..

i better go early tonight...

sunny for the first time since a long time......- 3c 

pics from march 13 th ....2015 !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

bonjour !!!

back from grooming tq 5 + ste florence....

started around 1 45 am.....-5c ....back at 3 pm ...+7 c at city hall ...

woke up with nice sunrise ....then weather kaputt ...grey sky !!!

still traffic...medium ...

trail was a disaster......'' king kenny  ''...'' fast freddy ''....jeremy mcgrath and bob hannah could have crashed !!!

too busy ... 3 pics today !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6221.JPG

DSC_6233.JPG

JG, the weather looks fantastic for the next 2 weeks, snow, high of 0 to -3, spring riding at it's finest, I have to figure a way to do it 1 more time this year, that will get me to 3k for the season!!

3 hours ago, quebec bob said:

JG, the weather looks fantastic for the next 2 weeks, snow, high of 0 to -3, spring riding at it's finest, I have to figure a way to do it 1 more time this year, that will get me to 3k for the season!!

hi quebec bob !!!

yaaa...checked last night or earlier this morning ...colder at night ...so , it ll be great riding ...

gaspesie could be a nice area to end the season !!!

i put my nose by the window a few mins ago ....did nt notice before or i was still asleep ...about 3'' of fresh snow !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6240.JPG

11 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Too warm to set up huh?

(My childhood hero was Roger Decoster piloting Suzuki)

bonjour !!!

last friday ....i went to groom at 2 15 am...but started raining ...so , i went back to bed....hell  started from there i guess !!!

still grey  sky this morning ...

i could have named a few more....jim ellis...buck murphy ...mike runyard...they came to matane back in the mid 70's....they were coming from another planet i think...awesome riders back then ...riding can am..

mikkola......malherbe.....karlquist .....wolsink ...etc...

pics...mid march 2015 !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

3 hours ago, Northbound said:

Being an old kawasaki diehard, mine was Brad Lackey. That was until the elsinore arrived and then, I think I remember a Jones?

hi northbound !!!

forgot about lackey ......maybe jones you re talking about is mike jones from pa...saw that guy a few times in pq ..

in 85 when i went to binghamton ,ny ...took pics of broc glover ( yamaha )...with a 8.95 $$ camera ....sent them to yamaha in california...replied to me a few months later..he was gone in europe for sx races !!!

few pics from canadian riders ...back in the 80's and 90's !!!

i was at the clubhouse before noon.....rain ...snow...windy right now...still grey sky !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6250.JPG

DSC_6251.JPG

DSC_6255.JPG

DSC_6258.JPG

DSC_6263.JPG

DSC_6273.JPG

JG, 

Your memory never fails to amaze me.

In the 70s when I was living and breathing MX, I was reading Dirt Bike and Motocross Action. my go-to magazines. I thought my world revolved around southern California. I don't know if I could of quickly even found PQ on the map. I remember Mikkola, Mcgrath and of course Decoster, but you're pulling out names I've never heard of. And to think you saw some of them in Matane. You've had a rich life, and you have photographs to prove it.

Jeff 

hi playhard and northbound !!!

money shot pic.....allan dyck ....aldergrove ,bc.....taken at the ntl in vallée jonction ....south of quebec city ..must be 88-89 ???

i could still name lots of riders...back in the 70's ..i was reading '' us '' magazines from my oldest brother!!!

this is how i started learning english ......so , if my english is nt too good....coming from your side of the fence...ahahaha

number 4 ...jeff surwall...american living outside toronto....he was president of '' no fear '' in california..

number 1...suzuki bike...ross pederson multi x canadian champ....pic taken in ste geneviere de batiscan ...iceman territory !!!

number 1 ...honda...carl vaillancourt ...125 cc...with mugen honda motor...riki 

light blowing snow....-2c 

jean-guy

DSC_6282.JPG

DSC_6279.JPG

DSC_6286.JPG

DSC_6289.JPG

10 hours ago, groomer said:

number 1...suzuki bike...ross pederson multi x canadian champ....pic taken in ste geneviere de batiscan ...iceman territory !!!

Yes sir!

20 hours ago, iceman said:

Yes sir!

bonsoir iceman !!!

forgot ,the one at the starting gate...also from ste genevieve !!!

back from grooming at 2 30 pm ...left a bit before 3 am ...already sticky a bit in  town....once at logging road ..ok ...

6-8'' in town....10-12'' at logging road and up !!!

+1c at city hall on my way back....

jean-guy

DSC_6382.JPG

DSC_6387.JPG

DSC_6404.JPG

DSC_6418.JPG

DSC_6423.JPG

DSC_6425.JPG

DSC_6436.JPG

DSC_6441.JPG

DSC_6447.JPG

DSC_6457.JPG

DSC_6465.JPG

DSC_6479.JPG

forgot..... can t confirm ....i was talking with a friend yesterday ....he told me that cross point groomer...kaputt !!!....down  !!!

i believe that ...looks like there s not much action on their side since a week  !!!

forgot to walk on their side this morning !!!

first tourists on my way to main steeet ..just before 4 am !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0010 (2).JPG

DSC_0016 (2).JPG

DSC_0018 (2).JPG

DSC_0020 (2).JPG

DSC_0026 (1).JPG

DSC_0032 (1).JPG

DSC_0034 (1).JPG

DSC_0036 (1).JPG

DSC_0038 (1).JPG

DSC_0046 (1).JPG

I rode from Pointe a la Croix today, the trail was 10 out of 10!! It was groomed last night. We stopped for breakfast in Albertville at the clubhouse, good as always. Sitting in Baie Comeau tonight, not bad considering the plan at 10pm last night was for us the stay at the Copper tonight. LOL

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

I rode from Pointe a la Croix today, the trail was 10 out of 10!! It was groomed last night. We stopped for breakfast in Albertville at the clubhouse, good as always. Sitting in Baie Comeau tonight, not bad considering the plan at 10pm last night was for us the stay at the Copper tonight. LOL

hi smclelan !!!

ahaha......must have been bumpy between matane and baie comeau.....strong winds here all day ...rock 'n roll at the lake !!!

i left at 6 am...back at 5 pm ....

good for cross point side ...

just woke up ...nap...on my way to bed !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6527.JPG

DSC_6531.JPG

DSC_6533.JPG

DSC_6538.JPG

DSC_6543.JPG

DSC_6548.JPG

DSC_6552.JPG

DSC_6561.JPG

8 hours ago, smclelan said:

It wasn't as rough as I thought it was going to be on the boat, I expected worse. It was windy as hell from Amqui up to Matane in some of the fields. 

almost a miracle this morning .....

-16c ....first cold day since at least 3 weeks !!!

grey sky...few tiny snowflakes !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6485.JPG

DSC_6514.JPG

15 hours ago, smclelan said:

I had a dream last night, that I was sleeping in Baie Comeau and would wake up to crispy trails in the morning, #@#$%&*, you are so lucky to be there with this cold snap and all that snow, reality has me working on broken cars at the shop this weekend, still playing catch-up from our last ride, I am very jealous, have a great trip Steve!!

bonjour !!!

just to say merci beaucoup to that person who let a little envelope for me at the clubhouse !!!

thank you sir....very appreciated  !!!

spent about 1.5 hrs there....very low traffic....only a little bunch coming from 587 when i left !!!

weather still rock'n roll....still windy ....with very light snow !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6569.JPG

DSC_6579.JPG

DSC_6581.JPG

DSC_6583.JPG

DSC_6585.JPG

DSC_6586.JPG

Really a shame to see those wonderful conditions not being enjoyed when it will be all over in a couple of weeks, wish I was there, if I lived closer I would probably never get anything done during sled season, next year cannot get here fast enough, JG, thanks for all that you do this season!!

2 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Really a shame to see those wonderful conditions not being enjoyed when it will be all over in a couple of weeks, wish I was there, if I lived closer I would probably never get anything done during sled season, next year cannot get here fast enough, JG, thanks for all that you do this season!!

bonjour quebec bob !!!

absolutely right...if weather cooperate...maybe another 2-3 weeks of grooming.....last season , i was grooming on april 6 th...brought machine back downtown albertville on the 10 th if memory still good !!

i wish i could have a sled for 2-3 days and go to my camp to do some firewood !!!

thank you ...always a pleasure to help and give me  the chance to talk and meet some members !!

snowing very lightly...maybe 1 or 2'' since this morning ....-12c !!!

jean-guy

DSC_9202.JPG

DSC_9208.JPG

DSC_9606.JPG

DSC_9721.JPG

16 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

If all goes well will be there in 2 weeks for the annual end of season run. Someone has to roll up the carpet and turn out the lights!:rolleyes:

hi jackstraw !!!

haha....i like expression like that !!!

great ...for now ...quantity of snow still very good !!!....mother nature will decide ....

pics of my last run ,bringing back the machine to albertville..........april 10 th !!!

jean-guy

DSC_4824.JPG

DSC_4841.JPG

DSC_4843.JPG

DSC_4921.JPG

DSC_4967.JPG

DSC_4995.JPG

DSC_5005.JPG

DSC_5019.JPG

DSC_5035.JPG

DSC_5037.JPG