Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

6 hours ago, quebec bob said:

I had a dream last night, that I was sleeping in Baie Comeau and would wake up to crispy trails in the morning, #@#$%&*, you are so lucky to be there with this cold snap and all that snow, reality has me working on broken cars at the shop this weekend, still playing catch-up from our last ride, I am very jealous, have a great trip Steve!!

The grooming God's are shining on us. The trail from Baie Comeau was perfect all the way, 180mi of perfection. Things are very dry around the parking lot at the Comfort Inn in Sept Ilse. Best thing, the trails will be just as good going back to the ferry in BC tomorrow. Weather is supposed to be sunny again tomorrow, spring sledding can be beautiful. 

bonjour !!!

to make a change....still windy !!!

very bad light for pics....met a group from belleville ,ontario.....2 miles before landing on main street on my way back !!!

met smclelan + friend ,next to brook bottom long hill ste marguerite...on my way back 

lost a bit more than 1 hr waiting for those h-q guys before they move their trucks !!!

-8c...still grey sky !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6595.JPG

DSC_6597.JPG

DSC_6605.JPG

DSC_6606.JPG

DSC_6609.JPG

DSC_6614.JPG

DSC_6616.JPG

DSC_6627.JPG

17 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

We understand you better than most people on our side of the fence. 

bonjour playhard !!!

merci .......muchos gracias !!!! tiguidoo !!!

'' tiguidoo ''...pronounce .......tee...gueee...doo !!!....quebecois...slang...means....perfect ...nice...ok ....great ...thx..

back from grooming st alexandre ..lac saumon and the lake....good in the morning ...warm right now...+5c ....sunny !!!

leaving gas station this morning ....deer has a tag....number...0089 ...

then the other one before crossing  main street ...i walked within 20' from him !!!

1 dead .....1/ 4 mile after crossing main street !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0006 (2).JPG

DSC_0014 (3).JPG

DSC_0016 (3).JPG

DSC_0018 (3).JPG

DSC_0019 (3).JPG

DSC_0023 (2).JPG

DSC_0024 (2).JPG

DSC_0026 (2).JPG

DSC_0029 (2).JPG

DSC_0030 (2).JPG

DSC_0032 (2).JPG

DSC_0033 (2).JPG

DSC_0036 (2).JPG

DSC_0038 (2).JPG

DSC_0044 (2).JPG

DSC_0045 (2).JPG

DSC_0051 (1).JPG

DSC_0053 (1).JPG

DSC_0057 (1).JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0070.JPG

13 hours ago, GT Rider said:

Hi JG,

The big 15 inches of snow storm in NYC turned into 2 inches.

Thinking of your beautiful trails. 

IMG_1536.JPG

bonjour gt rider !!!

almost the same here...very quiet ...2 sunny days in a row....few clouds on my way back ...

monday or tuesday morning  on the news...they said it was too early to say if it was going to be snow or rain.....finally ...very quiet ...sunshine !!!

snow was started to be sticky in the drag on my way up to lake....not too bad...saw only 2 sleds...3 all day !!!

back on tq 5 later tonight ...

on my way back from st alexandre .....i met my '' cousin ''' .....( hahhaa ) stuck in the middle of the road !!!

bonjour to mrs gt rider !!!

nice building !!!...and great shot !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6655.JPG

DSC_6673.JPG

DSC_6676.JPG

DSC_6683.JPG

DSC_6691.JPG

DSC_6696.JPG

DSC_6701.JPG

DSC_6707.JPG

DSC_6708.JPG

DSC_6713.JPG

DSC_6721.JPG

DSC_6722.JPG

DSC_6728.JPG

DSC_6743.JPG

DSC_6745.JPG

DSC_6749.JPG

Edited by groomer

Hi JG, passed through your Domaine today. Quick stop at clubhouse and we had a chat with Victor? Director of the club? Anyway sorry had no time to visit. Thanks for the great trails.

don

40AEBF0B-D90C-4974-ABDE-F284DC40815D.thumb.jpeg.45fbeb271485ead5a507085cfc534489.jpeg50D480AB-FE47-4E1C-AA6F-BA06F59C05A9.thumb.jpeg.c5492a70b5a74ed7ebbe6eaee5d201df.jpeg

29 minutes ago, iceman said:

Hi JG, passed through your Domaine today. Quick stop at clubhouse and we had a chat with Victor? Director of the club? Anyway sorry had no time to visit. Thanks for the great trails.

don

40AEBF0B-D90C-4974-ABDE-F284DC40815D.thumb.jpeg.45fbeb271485ead5a507085cfc534489.jpeg50D480AB-FE47-4E1C-AA6F-BA06F59C05A9.thumb.jpeg.c5492a70b5a74ed7ebbe6eaee5d201df.jpeg

hi iceman !!!

merci !!!!....victor is a looooong time volunteer for the club ...many years !!!!

great guy ...you won t fall asleep talking with  him !!!

well , i guess when you were at the clubhouse ...i was already gone grooming !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6678.JPG

DSC_6694.JPG

DSC_6700.JPG

DSC_6705.JPG

22 minutes ago, groomer said:

great guy ...you won t fall asleep talking with  him !!!

For sure. Super nice guy. Definitely likes to talk. We talked a good 30 minutes. 

Sorry we missed you. Next time my friend.

bonjour !!!

back from tq 5 + ste florence !!!

saw maybe 12-15 sleds coming back on tq 5 from ste florence to '' school bus ''' !!!

-1c at 2 am.......+3c at 11 20 am at city hall !!!

sunny with 2-3 clouds !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6767.JPG

DSC_6768.JPG

DSC_6769.JPG

DSC_6771.JPG

DSC_6774.JPG

DSC_6777.JPG

DSC_6780.JPG

DSC_6781.JPG

Groomer is it a program the wild life department does by tagging deer. When and how do they catch them to tag them. I have deer in my front yard and I would love to keep better track of them. They are a lot of fun watch and have around.  

1 hour ago, Shore1066 said:

Groomer is it a program the wild life department does by tagging deer. When and how do they catch them to tag them. I have deer in my front yard and I would love to keep better track of them. They are a lot of fun watch and have around.  

bonjour shore 1066 !!!

someone asked the same me question yesterday ....i guess with the tag...they must do a survey / study .....

saw your post earlier...i checked on the wild life site ....but so much to read...i don t have that patience...from the little i read...yes there is a program

just back from warden office....they are closed....open only 3 days a week ....so ,next week i ll have a better reply  !!!

on my way to office...while driving in front of gas station ....had enough time to look at the groomer ...there was a deer doing an inspection on the groomer !!!

pics from yesterday ...at the exit for auberge....i was in a bad spot to stop ...did nt stay too long ...there was 8 deer !!!

grey sky today....0c !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0001 (1).JPG

DSC_0002 (4).JPG

DSC_0004 (3).JPG

DSC_0011 (4).JPG

2 hours ago, 800steve said:

Hi JG, any idea of end date for grooming this year, or just depending on snow cover?

hi 800steve !!!

back from clubhouse !!!

as usual ....conditions of the  trails will decide....no official date for us and i guess for some other clubs too !!!

waitress told me that yesterday traffic was heavy....there was a couple having hard times finding a place for the night in matane .....it was full everywhere !!!

according to her....clubhouse will be open everyday til eastern ...then , conditions will decide !!!

and also ....she told me that there was a '' parking lot superstar '' at the clubhouse !!!...ahaha

guy was sitting by the window....2 more guys came to sit next to him....while having a chair....one of the guys said......hey look !!!! so, the guy alone...said woooww !!!! geeezzzz that my sled ..

guy parked his sled too close to the slope....so, sled went down the slope slowly to cross tq 5.......while a guy arriving from 587 ...guy stopped...jumped on the other sled before hitting a tree in front of clubhouse...only in the gaspesie !!!!...ahaha

on my way back ...could see it was snowing up the hills...just started here...few snowflakes !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0001 (4).JPG

DSC_6786.JPG

DSC_6790.JPG

2 hours ago, 800steve said:

Thanks JG.

bienvenue 800steve !!!

heavy wet snow since almost 1 hr now !!!....-3c 

forgot to mention .....river is free of ice since close to 2 weeks ...if memory still good....normally , i see that mid april !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6796.JPG

DSC_6797.JPG

DSC_6798.JPG

DSC_6800.JPG

DSC_6801.JPG

DSC_6804.JPG

DSC_6808.JPG

DSC_6813.JPG

DSC_6816.JPG

DSC_6821.JPG

1 hour ago, iceman said:

Oh how I like your thinking on this. Bonne Idea.

no problemo !!!

for us here in the gaspesie ...no problem yet !!!

found some more help for you in the mauricie !!!

my other cousin is a bit bigger....and '' grand pa '' from ste marguerite , even if he s tired...is ready to help too !!!...ahahaha tbk !!!

here in the gaspesie ,we wake up early ..so , tonight...make sure all your windows are closed ...

early tomorrow morning will blow you  snow in the maurice from gaspesie !!!...ahahha

btw ,this morning at the clubhouse...waitress told me that victor was all smile talking with both of you !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0003 (2).JPG

DSC01234.JPG

01 02 12 033.jpg

01 02 12 035.jpg

bonjour !!!

back from tq 5 ...great run...- 12c at 2am ...about 6 c now

very low traffic....but ....looks like my season  ended in a fish tail !!!

about 3 miles before gas station on my way back.....my sport car made a strange noise....checked around the machine....oil was leaking from rear axle...bearing kaputt ...maybe axle too !!

so, don  t know yet whats going to happen with me...waiting for doctor !!!

might see him tonight !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6829.JPG

DSC_6836.JPG

DSC_6838.JPG

DSC_6843.JPG

DSC_6850.JPG

DSC_6857.JPG

DSC_6858.JPG

DSC_6860.JPG

DSC_6867.JPG

DSC_6872.JPG

DSC_6876.JPG

DSC_6880.JPG

DSC_6888.JPG

DSC_6892.JPG

DSC_6896.JPG

DSC_6897.JPG

DSC_6904.JPG

DSC_6912.JPG

DSC_6918.JPG

DSC_6924.JPG

DSC_6935.JPG

Damn sports cars, you should have big blue as a spare. If you have to break 3 miles from home is a good place, was the excavator needed to get you off the trail?

bonjour phil and steven !!!

at my age..i need a little nap...aahhah

big blue is gone in ns....and i learned back in january that it has been sold again !!!

i called friends at gas station...wanted a loader....but when operator saw the trail....he said....hmmm ... i won t take the chance......big blue has been pulled out of a field not far from there with a loader...about 1 mile on the trail....no problem...trail was a bit narrower where i was this morning ..

so ,guys decided to use an excavator....safer

i guess so ,parts won t be cheap ...well ,machine is a 2009 !!!

called president and mechanic...they were nt smiling !!!

thats mechanic...bad luck can happen anytime !!!

almost forgot....i was going up hill very slightly...little grade...then just like i hit neutral !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6848.JPG

DSC_6874.JPG

DSC_6898.JPG

DSC_6922.JPG