Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

bonsoir !!!

landed  late at my camp this morning .....short ride on the north branch !!!

seldom i see that.... stuck in a '' gaspesian traffic jam '' on a saturday morning !!!

sunny ...but still fresh cold a bit !!!

jean-guy

DSC_8529.JPG

DSC_8516.JPG

DSC_0007 (4).JPG

DSC_8507.JPG

DSC_8512.JPG

DSC_8513.JPG

DSC_8514.JPG

DSC_0013 (4).JPG

DSC_0017 (4).JPG

DSC_0023 (2).JPG

DSC_0031 (2).JPG

DSC_0034 (2).JPG

DSC_8537.JPG

DSC_8538.JPG

DSC_8540.JPG

DSC_8542.JPG

DSC_8543.JPG

DSC_8546.JPG

DSC_8563.JPG

DSC_0004 (5).JPG

Jean Guy. What lake is the boat docks on. Is it a parks area for camping and fishing. Looks like a great place to go boating. Is there camps on the lake. Glad you can get to your camp. I bet you sleep better there too. I know I sleep better in our island cabin. Have a good summer.

hi artsled and shore1066 !!!

yaa...snow maybe for next week ...if not much rain and sunshine !!!.....where there s a lots of shade...still good patches of snow !!!

the lake is '' lac du nord ''....it s on the z e c...roughly 20 miles from my camp .....almost at the border of park matane....only 1 camp there....looks like a camping area ...but no....only road and docks !!!

small lake....less than 3 miles long i guess...

i went by the docks side ...around the lake to the dam...pic with mini bridge....just below lac des coeurs.....short trail...there s a beaver dam on main road...

sure.....sleep better at the camp ....very quiet ...

brook at the camp still very high ...can t cross yet with my 4w....next weekend should be ok !!! went across last thursday ...but with a load of firewood....water came up to the height of the seat !!!

jean-guy

lac nord 1.jpg

lac nord 2.jpg

there are very few places to use them in Mass. I understand that Quebec now allows dual sport motorcycles to use the ATV trails, I have to get there and try it out. It would be a blast to go to Baie Comeau and ride up to Sept ille, those trails and bridges are incredible on sleds and must be just as good for ATVs.

hi artsled and quebec bob !!!

good for you if you can ride !!!that s x s on far right ....same tires than i bought ....few more miles on the old ones and put the new ones later !!!

don t know much about atv club here...but i know you can ride s x s on the trails since a few years !!!

today...first day at work....rainy day and cold in the morning ....better in the afternoon ...

no dancing this week at the '' 55 + club '' ...ahhaah

need few more days to get rid of the '' winter rust '' !!!

btw ,on my way to camp saturday about 8 miles before landing there...there was a guy doing studies about the bud worms...did nt see him...only his truck !!!

jean-guy

DSC_8530.JPG

DSC_8539.JPG

DSC_8544.JPG

DSC_8528.JPG

Tens of thousands of warblers flew over Bas-Saint-Laurent, Gaspésie and Côte-Nord during the past few hours. The Tadoussac bird observatory even speaks of historical migration. The abundance of budworm budworm has something to do with it.

A text by Michel-Félix Tremblay

"Perhaps one of the largest movements of Neotropical sparrows ever seen in North America," reads the Observatory's Facebook page.

Monday, between 5 am and 4 pm, an estimated 183,000 warblers flew over the area where two observers were stationed at Pointe-à-John and Grandes-Bergeronnes.

Everywhere in the east, citizens report unusual sightings ... and birds found dead after hitting the windows of buildings.

In Matanie, the biologist Hugues Deglaire counted in dozens the number of warblers found dead near the buildings of the city center.

paru.jpg

6 hours ago, Phil 1 said:

Natures solution to the bud worms, feed the birds. 

hi phil !!!

right....did nt know that ...warbler were liking bud worms....or could even detect them from far away .....saw that this morning ...over 500 000 migrate!!!

the only time i heard about warbler ....in the gaspesie park ....lake cascapedia ...the name of a cabin is '' paruline '' (warbler)....if not there ....few miles before mt logan ....name of a shelter !!!

frost this morning when i woke up !!!

getting better at work ...less '' rust '' to work with...great day !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0044 (1).JPG

DSC_0029 (2).JPG

DSC_0094 (2).JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

bonsoir !!!

back from the camp....not much luck....landed at the camp yesterday ...brook was roughly 16 '' lower than the weekend before ...no problem to go across with 4w and go to look for moose and party at the lake....

very humid yesterday....so ,just before 7 pm ...hell started.....t-storms for 2 hrs......stayed at the camp....woke up this morning .....brook higher by 16-18 '' ....went to ride with 4w ...back at noon ...brook even higher....so decided to come back !!!

found a tree on the old road for the camp....bird had a bigger drill than the pics i posted a while ago !!!

jean-guy

DSC_8588.JPG

DSC_8729.JPG

DSC_8596.JPG

DSC_8601.JPG

DSC_8608.JPG

DSC_8613.JPG

DSC_8633.JPG

DSC_8635.JPG

DSC_8636.JPG

DSC_8645.JPG

DSC_8651.JPG

DSC_8663.JPG

DSC_8680.JPG

DSC_8682.JPG

DSC_8688.JPG

DSC_8709.JPG

4 hours ago, neksledr said:

Great pics of that mountain chicken JG! She seemed to really like you! We have had one around our home for several years that is very friendly, nicknamed him Grover the Grouse

hi neksledr !!!

merci.....very friendly one....first time i met her...spent about half an hr.....pic with 4w and bag on the ground.....then moved 4w by 600 '...she was still following me ....then walked maybe another 400'....pic with little shack ....she s just next to the little tree on the left ...hard to see a bit...

i ll check next weekend if she still around...just for fun !!! first time this happen to me !!!

back in the old days !!!

this morning at work...saw a guy walking toward me.....i thought it was my technician ,but it was the guy who put the paint on the trees for my job....commercial thinning .......don t know the word in english 

so,blah-blah...blah ....he asked me my family name ...so.....blah...blah ...blah again...then he asked if my  dad was still alive.......he said ,my dad bought a sled from your dad back in 65 ...ahahahha....when he landed home with the sled...the wife was nt too happy ...

his uncle bought one the year after ....but a 64  , almost like new !!! !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_8656.JPG

DSC_8677.JPG

DSC_8696.JPG

DSC_8700.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_8711.JPG

DSC_0082.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

DSC_8648.JPG

DSC_8591.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

bonsoir a tous !!!

back from my camp tonight ...after supper...very windy and cloudy ...decided to come back ..

saw 5 moose within a mile from camp today ....one last night while riding ...

still snow on mt albert ....a little patch on mt blanc and a few more mountains on gaspesie park and park matane 

jean-guy

DSC_8755.JPG

DSC_0065 (1).JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0029 (1).JPG

DSC_8741.JPG

DSC_0150 (1).JPG

DSC_0100 (1).JPG

DSC_0127 (1).JPG

DSC_0087.JPG

DSC_8737.JPG

DSC_8848.JPG

DSC_8898.JPG

DSC_8909.JPG

DSC_8915.JPG

DSC_8927.JPG

DSC_8930.JPG

DSC_8932.JPG

DSC_8777.JPG

DSC_8796.JPG

DSC_8887.JPG

4 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

I think I see the "golf ball" on the Mt Logan pic, but I definitely DO NOT see the trail in this pic?!...

DSC_8696.JPG

bonjour playhard !!!

no '' golf ball '' on logan or albert ......on mt logan ....only an old cabin for hikers or cross country skiers

2 or 3 towers on mt logan for cbc tv !!! radio canada in french !!!

no trail on the pic.....i was trying to go around that tree on the left .....there was a tree down the road....just a little detour !!!

friday night on my way back from the lake around midnight....i had 2 tuques on top of the other one to go back to camp.....0 c !!!!

always windy and cloudy !!!

btw, i cut the grass at the camp for the first time friday....ahaha

jean-guy

DSC_8764.JPG

DSC_8767.JPG

DSC_0050 (1).JPG

DSC_0043 (1).JPG

DSC_0142 (1).JPG

DSC_8771.JPG

17 hours ago, groomer said:

bonsoir a tous !!!

back from my camp tonight ...after supper...very windy and cloudy ...decided to come back ..

saw 5 moose within a mile from camp today ....one last night while riding ...

still snow on mt albert ....a little patch on mt blanc and a few more mountains on gaspesie park and park matane 

jean-guy

DSC_8755.JPG

DSC_0065 (1).JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0029 (1).JPG

DSC_8741.JPG

DSC_0150 (1).JPG

DSC_0100 (1).JPG

DSC_0127 (1).JPG

DSC_0087.JPG

DSC_8737.JPG

DSC_8848.JPG

DSC_8898.JPG

DSC_8909.JPG

DSC_8915.JPG

DSC_8927.JPG

DSC_8930.JPG

DSC_8932.JPG

DSC_8777.JPG

DSC_8796.JPG

DSC_8887.JPG

Wow Those are prize winning shots of the night skies

3 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

Wow Those are prize winning shots of the night skies

hi doo4adoo !!!

merci !!! great light friday night for pics.....including a bit of rain...stopped to hide under a stand to save a bit of rain !!!

i was about 5 miles away from the lake when i saw it was going to be a nice sunset .....around 9 pm ...

pic with trees only ....i stopped there for a few mins saturday morning ...when i started my 4w again...saw a shadow or something moving on the corner of my eye...about 100' away...

turned my head....mom + 2 calves !!!

jean-guy

DSC_8812.JPG

DSC_8931.JPG

DSC_8904.JPG

DSC_8782.JPG

DSC_8786.JPG

DSC_8798.JPG

On 6/16/2018 at 1:31 PM, PLAYHARD said:

Classic!

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

bonjour playhard !!!

absolutely right !!!! did it again last night just before darkness...first time on a road last night....few trees down..had to go in the rhubarb a few times to avoid turning around !!!

action near my camp saturday morning....they were spraying along logging road...they flew right over my camp ...

then,last night while riding ....they were between ste marguerite and the 24 miles maybe...so . i spent half an hr taking pics !!!on the pics...ste marguerite is 5 miles on the right....90' corner on tq 5 ...10 miles ahead !!!

moose....saturday morning traffic jam !!!

pink-m1....you were right...pile of wood .....kaputt !!! !!!....first time there since 4-5 weeks !!!

jean-guy

DSC_9007.JPG

DSC_8999.JPG

DSC_8995.JPG

DSC_8980.JPG

DSC_9310.JPG

DSC_9035.JPG

DSC_9256.JPG

DSC_9045.JPG

DSC_9015.JPG

DSC_9154.JPG

DSC_9120.JPG

DSC_9057.JPG

DSC_9260.JPG

DSC_9289.JPG

DSC_9211.JPG

DSC_9330.JPG

DSC_9363.JPG

DSC_0269.JPG

DSC_0382.JPG

DSC_0283.JPG

DSC_0296.JPG

DSC_8965.JPG

DSC_0821.JPG

DSC_0810.JPG

DSC_0805.JPG

DSC_0653.JPG

DSC_0406.JPG

DSC_0387.JPG

DSC_0257.JPG

DSC_0262.JPG

DSC_0256.JPG

DSC_0277.JPG

DSC_0273.JPG

Edited by groomer

Now are spraying for the timber beedles

21 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

Now are spraying for the timber beedles

bonjour shore1066 !!!

spraying for bud worms....they started last week ...this morning ,before leaving ...they flew again over my camp ...saturday ....they woke me up at 5 20 am !!!

map, where i was last night ....'' me '' in green !!!

jean-guy

DSC_9300.JPG

DSC_8989.JPG

plane.jpg

9 hours ago, smclelan said:

Nice shots of the spray planes Jean Guy.

good morning smclelan !!!

thx....different pics....i wish i could have been just a bit closer...on the other post ....pic with plane ....the clearcut on top left of the pic....thats at the '' mail box '' at the 14 miles on logging road...

on this post , plane ...when they flew saturday morning at my camp !!!....also ....can see the  '' control tower '' ( stand ) i was on to take pics..

jean-guy

DSC_8971.JPG

DSC_0245.JPG

DSC_8982.JPG

DSC_9051.JPG

DSC_9045.JPG

DSC_9062.JPG

DSC_9297.JPG

DSC_9340.JPG