Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

51 minutes ago, smclelan said:

I am sure the private woodlot owners are having trouble finding a harvesting contractor that has not got lots of wood ahead to cut. 

you wake up late in nova scotia.....posted 51 mins ago .....ahahhaha

best time to find a harvester ....late march....april or may ...after that guys are busy working on crown lands !!!

stopped at the grocery ....met a friend working for the duniere reserve....he said at the '' 66 '' on logging road....there was still a snow drift on june 14 !!!....even a bit snow left on june 24 th !!!

rough monday....tons of deer flies!!!....32 c

lots of smoke here..forest fire !!!

almost forgot...boss came to visit this morning ...before he was working for the '' societé d exploitation de la vallée ' in lac saumon ...back in the 80's..

he said back then ...there was 110 guys to plant 2-3 millions trees....now only 8 guys...i don t think they plant as much ....and only 4 guys working with chainsaws....time change...

pic of mt albert taken july 2 !!!

jean-guy

jean-guy

jean-guy

fari 66.jpg

bowl.jpg

Hello JG

Hot here too. No rain in a week here. Question, will them little bulls be shot or harvested this fall or will the hunters let them walk?

They are kinda cute right now and don't seem to mind getting their picture taken LOL. I like the cat picture too. Do they get trapped or are they protected. Have a good summer.

George

52 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

Hello JG

Hot here too. No rain in a week here. Question, will them little bulls be shot or harvested this fall or will the hunters let them walk?

They are kinda cute right now and don't seem to mind getting their picture taken LOL. I like the cat picture too. Do they get trapped or are they protected. Have a good summer.

George

bonjour george !!!

good chances they won t be there after moose hunting ....moose hunting is the national sport here...lots of hunters on the z e c !!! fishing is already kaputt since 2 weeks..

on the  z e c they do a draw for females...they allow 200 permits if memory still good.......no luck for my friends this year...

you need 3 permits for 1 moose !!!

i like july to take pics...the lynx...last night while having rouge....just too bad ...i missed by a few seconds..i guess he was closer to camp...i was looking toward the brook !!

light rain..did nt even put my shoes...went outside to get closer as possible !!!

he sat for a few seconds..but when he saw me....byyyye !!!

not 100 % sure...but i think you can trap them ...

jean-guy

DSC_0171.JPG

DSC_0737.JPG

DSC_0121 (1).JPG

DSC_0140.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0059 (1).JPG

That's too bad about hunting the young moose. The problem I see is with logging roads and windmill roads the hunters can get to areas that weren't acceptable years ago. I  use to go north of the gouin area by fly in planes.  The only way to the lakes. Now with a GPS you can drive the logging roads. Long drive but I believe people do it. 

7 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

That's too bad about hunting the young moose. The problem I see is with logging roads and windmill roads the hunters can get to areas that weren't acceptable years ago. I  use to go north of the gouin area by fly in planes.  The only way to the lakes. Now with a GPS you can drive the logging roads. Long drive but I believe people do it. 

good morning !!!

with gps and google earth ....can find lots of roads...even old ones....some here clean them for moose hunting ..

just next to my camp...there s an old portage trail for lumberjacks back in the 50' and 60's...

remember when i was young walking that trail with dad....still remember there was an old wagon for horses kaputt along the trail !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0210.JPG

DSC_0783.JPG

DSC_0890.JPG

9 hours ago, artsled said:

Little riding in Maine last week 

CB439F5F-F3F1-45F9-9B8A-09B61220BA04.jpeg

hi artsled !!!

nice scenery in the background !!!

i tried s x s only 1x about 5 years ago....the one of my  boss...he wanted extra miles....

tough day again ...very humid and no wind !!!

thx for sharing ...

jean-guy

DSC_0163 (1).JPG

1 hour ago, MrGutz said:

Groomer

Thanks, Love the Water\falls\river pics!

Stay Cool.

GutZ

bonsoir gutz !!!

thx...about half an hr ride from my camp ....if weather permit next weekend....there s bigger one about 1 mile lower...but very steep to go down ..time to go water level is low !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0268.JPG

DSC_0299.JPG

44 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Is the waterfall your talking about the one you, Bob, and I walked into?

hi smclelan !!!

yaa...same one !!! instead of going from top or walking into brook ...found a shortcut last year ..

walk a few hundred feet then....very steep for 80' ...+ a 50' walk ...right at the bottom of the falls...

jean-guy

fallllllllssssss.jpg

bonjour !!!

few pics....went to falls friday night and back to rocky pool yesterday night !!!.....north branch yesterday morning !!!

went i left camp yesterday morning ...about 2 miles into my ride....saw that someone tried to make an imitation of '' king kenny ''...different skills i guess...forgot to put his knee down...haha

35 c right now here !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1060.JPG

DSC_1149.JPG

DSC_1172.JPG

DSC_1180.JPG

DSC_1195.JPG

DSC_1202.JPG

DSC_1203.JPG

DSC_1208.JPG

DSC_0963.JPG

DSC_1316.JPG

DSC_1259.JPG

DSC_1091.JPG

DSC_1040.JPG

DSC_1053.JPG

DSC_1022.JPG

DSC_1275.JPG

DSC_1212.JPG

DSC_1224.JPG

DSC_1231.JPG

DSC_1248.JPG

bonjour !!!

not the greatest weekend for pics...

traffic jam 1.5 miles from my camp last night ...pics with bull....almost darkness last night while taking pics of sunset / t-storm ...it was very windy ....he was scratching his head where to go !!!

brought back 4w in town....light problem ....did last 2 miles last night with no lights....just a little headlight to put on my head....lucky moon was big !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0157 (2).JPG

DSC_1476.JPG

DSC_0199.JPG

DSC_1512.JPG

DSC_0150 (2).JPG

DSC_1502.JPG

DSC_1384.JPG

DSC_0141 (3).JPG

DSC_0130 (1).JPG

DSC_0067 (3).JPG

DSC_0146 (1).JPG

DSC_0060 (3).JPG

DSC_1474.JPG

DSC_1397.JPG

DSC_1372.JPG

DSC_0172 (1).JPG

DSC_0182 (2).JPG

DSC_0196.JPG

DSC_1367.JPG

bonjour !!!

6 moose this weekend...spent about 45 mins last night with the 2 bulls !!!

pic with the stand on the left side of pic...where i can see mt albert ...50 miles away ...straight to the left !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0468.JPG

DSC_0627.JPG

DSC_1679.JPG

DSC_1724.JPG

DSC_1732.JPG

DSC_1644.JPG

DSC_1584.JPG

DSC_0680.JPG

DSC_1610.JPG

DSC_1774.JPG

DSC_1908.JPG

DSC_1842.JPG

DSC_1630.JPG

DSC_1803.JPG

DSC_0666.JPG

DSC_0455.JPG

DSC_0349.JPG

DSC_0563.JPG

DSC_0149.JPG

DSC_0368.JPG

DSC_0447.JPG

DSC_0402.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG

DSC_0085.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

49 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

GREAT PICS JG!!!

bonsoir quebec bob !!!

merci !!...fun to have moose close like that and they were nt stressed at all ...i walked close to a 1 / 4 mile behind them !!!...10 mins ride from my camp !!!

finally ...t-storms today...heavy rain...and lots humidity 

forgot yesterday , just by hazard i saw last week on the net that one of the owner of the yamaha dealership in matane passed away back in may...michel.. ...i knew that guy since the mid 70's...

mx racing around the gaspesie  and a few provincial races..his brother was racing ...the other owner !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0141.JPG

DSC_0178.JPG

DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0251.JPG

DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0171.JPG

DSC_0127.JPG

5 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Kitty cat?

bonsoir playhard !!!

coyote !!!....saw some more tracks on my way back yesterday ...

temps still rock'n roll....30 c today ...

pic of myself...little lake half an hr from camp...water level at least 1 foot lower to 16 '' !!!

jean-guy

DSC_2120.JPG

DSC_1972.JPG

DSC_2092.JPG

DSC_1962.JPG

DSC_2054.JPG

DSC_2148.JPG

On 8/25/2018 at 6:43 AM, artsled said:

Fall is coming!

hi artsled...

starting very slowly ....can see in the lower elevations,leaves started to change colors ....

moved outside albertville for work ...friday morning ...sun was looking funny ...on my way to camp in the afternoon ...took a few pics...smoke from bc fires !!!

need rain badly ...4 miles from my house....2 miles lower than the bridge for shortcut for clubhouse...up to 400 salmons stuck in a pool...

went to check the  river at 4 different places during weekend !!!

only 2 moose...last night on my way back to camp !!!

jean-guy

DSC_3306.JPG

DSC_3332.JPG

DSC_0003 (2).JPG

DSC_0084 (1).JPG

DSC_0094 (2).JPG

DSC_3134.JPG

DSC_3178.JPG

DSC_3193.JPG

DSC_3305.JPG

DSC_3372.JPG

DSC_3359.JPG