Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

3 hours ago, Triggerhappy said:

The pictures you take really are incredible.  Love the fox.  Thank you for sharing them with us.

hi triggerhappy !!!

many thx !!!....for the fox , i made a little mistake , i stayed in my truck taking pics coming toward me....then i soon he passed helper side door...went outside and click-click again !!!

for the birds...when i saw them...they took off....they made a big loop while i was still driving ...they landed back where they had took off...stopped and click-click !!!

mushrooms...while taking a walk toward the swamps near my camp !!!

jean-guy

DSC_5735.JPG

DSC_0318 (1).JPG

DSC_0439 (1).JPG

DSC_0408 (1).JPG

DSC_0353 (1).JPG

DSC_0411 (1).JPG

DSC_0352 (1).JPG

DSC_5706.JPG

DSC_5824.JPG

DSC_5830.JPG

DSC_5858.JPG

DSC_5861.JPG

DSC_5881.JPG

DSC_5922.JPG

3 minutes ago, hparaptor said:

If this is representative of a bad week, I'd hate to see what a terrible week would look like.

Please keep the pictures coming.  I enjoy viewing them.  Thank you for sharing, JG

hi hparaptor !!!

ahhaha....not much sunshine in the last 5-6-7 days...frost too ...great for pics...

i cleaned the last 1000' before landing at the camp last thursday ...lot wider...

merci !!!

jean-guy

DSC_5849.JPG

DSC_0358 (1).JPG

DSC_5822.JPG

DSC_5848.JPG

56 minutes ago, skidoo420 said:

Great pics JG making every QR long off season most enjoyable 

bonsoir skidoo420 !!!

great to hear from you !!!

merci ...yaaa...i guess it help a lot !!!...a bit less boring during summer time ...

my season to my camp is getting to closer to the end...few days of work there...then '' kapuutt '' for this year !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0290.JPG

DSC_0223.JPG

DSC_0231.JPG

DSC_0230.JPG

DSC_0217.JPG

1 hour ago, hparaptor said:

Wow.  Can't get enough of these pictures.  It's almost as if I was there.  Thank you.  

merci !!!....friend emailed me last night...almost 6'' of snow at my camp...sadly i still have my summer tires ...ahahha....and my 4w still there !!!

friend came to visit 2 saturday ago !!! he flew  a few times over the camp !!

jean-guy

billy 1.jpg

billy  3.jpg

JG, my buddy has a camp like yours, 20 miles to get there by water, up 2 rivers and across one lake, in northern Maine. We go there at ice out for landlocked salmon every spring and another  week for brookies. Spend a week at a time, and never see another person, probably the best 2 weeks of the year, totally off the grid, I know what you are saying, hard to close it down for the year. We will probably go back in December to hunt dear, and hang by the wood stove. Best part of this is that it is starting to look like the season is turning to SLEDDING, we will all see you soon. Thanks for the ariel pics, really beautiful, Bob.

5 hours ago, quebec bob said:

JG, my buddy has a camp like yours, 20 miles to get there by water, up 2 rivers and across one lake, in northern Maine. We go there at ice out for landlocked salmon every spring and another  week for brookies. Spend a week at a time, and never see another person, probably the best 2 weeks of the year, totally off the grid, I know what you are saying, hard to close it down for the year. We will probably go back in December to hunt dear, and hang by the wood stove. Best part of this is that it is starting to look like the season is turning to SLEDDING, we will all see you soon. Thanks for the ariel pics, really beautiful, Bob.

hi quebec bob !!!

wooww !!! looks like an adventure to get there !!!...back in the late 60's til 00's....it was rock 'roll to go to our camp...now with new road way better !!!

sadly my friend had only a cell to take pics !!!....just met another friend at the grocery ....he has a camp 16 miles up the logging road...he said there was still 5 '' of snow yesterday ...but rained most of the morning today and temps are higher !!

...and yes ...closing the camp for winter always sad...i want to go back for a few more days...want to clean road with thinning saw...etc...need more firewood in the shed...

jean-guy

DSC_0029 (3).JPG

DSC_0023 (3).JPG

1 hour ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

182 Ray on final approach ?

bonsoir  paddy o !!!

no....another friend...'' 122 ''...ahaha

took pics on the saturday just before noon ...he came late afternoon on the friday ...but turned around half a mile behind my camp !!

jean-guy

DSC_0052 (1).JPG

DSC_0037 (2).JPG

1 hour ago, GT Rider said:

Hi JG,

That guy looks like he could cause a major traffic jam. I don't think any one would try to pass him.

Thanks for all the great Pictures.

bonsoir gt rider !!!

ahhaha....great thinking ...forgot about that !!!...bienvenue !!!

reminds me...back in sept 00...i saw a big one ...around 60''...close to the  '' border '' of duniere reserve and park matane...big like that ...you give the right of way...

started snowing around noon...not much ...about 1''

jean-guy

camp 111.jpg

aah.jpg

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

Image result for nice rack!

bonjour playhard !!!

ahhaha....of course !!!

everything is big in the gaspesie......big beer .....big poutine and big rack !!!!:rolleyes:

i saw a tv reportage and the guy said he had seen that moose back in 2015 !!!

one of the 2 biggest moose i ever seen ....back in sept 00 ..forgot about those pics last night....45 miles outside town !!!

light snow...about 2 ''...-3c !!!

from 2 to 4' on the north side ...msp area .....up the mountains !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6237.JPG

DSC_6228.JPG

DSC_6232.JPG

Grommer, you need a windsheild on that Honda. I'm the only one who has one here and everyone takes mine first. 

1 hour ago, Shore1066 said:

Grommer, you need a windsheild on that Honda. I'm the only one who has one here and everyone takes mine first. 

bonsoir shore 1066 !!!

i know...not the first time i hear that ...

never been the guy to put acessories on my 4w !!!

i rather freeze !!! ...ahaha

i broke the zipper on my snowmobile pants....went to camp to fix it...made my ride shorter !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0003 (1).JPG

DSC_6241.JPG

DSC_6243.JPG

DSC_6273.JPG

DSC_6286.JPG

DSC_6293.JPG

9 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Image result for fix it with duct tape

bonjour playhard !!!

hahhah tbk !!!.........ahhahahahha

someone made the same joke to me...but i have , sometimes , the bad habit to read too fast ...i don t get it first time !!!

well , i had a roll of duct tape like that at my camp ...but brought it home 3-4 weeks ago to fix something else !!!

i had 2 shirts at the camp ..wrapped around my leg with a bit of tape ...btw....zipper is about 3' long !!!

yesterday ...while slowing down to take pics of the mountains...i was stuck in 5th gear ...there s a little electric thingy next to left footrest ...behind motor...must be kaputt or frozen ...lots of water the day before..so , thats why i came back by logging road...no need to shift !!! samething happened 2 summers ago !!!

i have a spare one !!! easy to fix..

grey sky ...snowed a bit !!! -3c !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0051 (3).JPG

DSC_0048 (3).JPG

DSC_6372.JPG

DSC_6394.JPG

DSC_6437.JPG

DSC_6447.JPG

• 3 weeks later...