Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

3 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Loving the kid-carrier out front & ski-tow out back!

What year were lawyers invented?

bonsoir playhard !!!

long time ago those front carriers....i was young back then...but still remember seeing it ....on the the 63-64 ...olympique 12 / 3.....even wheels on a 12 / 3 instead of skis !!!

the 2 pics...old ones from the gaspesie...

sled....back in 52 ....guy and his girlfriend built it......from bonaventure !!!

the dog .......postal card  from percé !!!

well , about the lawyers...this is a 100.00$$ question ....unless i don t understand the meaning ...i was nt born yet  !!!

grey sky all weekend ....mild temps....-2c ...0c maybe !!!!

jean-guy

perce.jpg

bona 52.jpg

10 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Cool pics!

Yeah, the lawyers of today won't let manufacturers show fun stuff in the brochures!

Bet that kid frontal carrier was GREAT for ski pressure!

good morning !!!

around 80-81 maybe....i worked with a twin tracks...hard to steer if going slowly ...

dad had cut trees during summer.....8' logs....accessible only during winter to haul the the logs down the valley ...it was rock'roll....steep hill...only a trail the width of the twin tracks..

sleight attached to twin tracks...roughly half a cord on it + another half a cord behind the sleight attached with a chain....using it to slow down twin tracks and sleight going down the hill.

+ there was a little piece of chain on both skis of the sleight .....using it as a '' brakes ''....hahaha....to slow down the sleight....great memories !!!

went down that hill 1x with a shovel....woooo hooo !!! could have caught a speeding ticket !!!

blue sky day ...-8c !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1986.JPG

DSC_2002.JPG

12 hours ago, groomer said:

hard to steer if going slowly ...dad had cut trees during summer.....8' logs....accessible only during winter to haul the the logs down the valley ...it was rock'roll....steep hill...only a trail the width of the twin tracks...sleight attached to twin tracks...roughly half a cord on it + another half a cord behind the sleight attached with a chain....using it to slow down twin tracks and sleight going down the hill...+ there was a little piece of chain on both skis of the sleight .....using it as a '' brakes ''....hahaha....to slow down the sleight....great memories !!!  went down that hill 1x with a shovel....woooo hooo !!! could have caught a speeding ticket !!!

Well, it looks like we all owe your pop a big MERCI for grooming you!

1 minute ago, PLAYHARD said:

Well, it looks like we all owe your pop a big MERCI for grooming you!

bonsoir !!!

merci ...i ll tell him ....

i remember going grooming with one of my brothers here for our club in town...club in albertville was already existing too....with a twin track  and the drag was made by bombardier...must be 78 or 79 !!! grooming up to the lake...back then trail was nt exactly the same than the one right now...

brother driving  and me seating behind....our club fell apart ....kaputt.....no one to volunteer  !!!

+1c right now at city hall !!!

jean-guy

DSC_5531.JPG

DSC_1604.JPG

DSC_2560.JPG

DSC_4091.JPG

Hey Groomer,

I hope all is well. 

I'm sure you have heard this before.  I love the pictures, keep up the good work. During the summer your pictures take me back to the beautiful places, the hospitality and the fantastic trails.

Thank You 

Where was the last picture taken?  

I see that picture of the big dog towing the sled. Makes me think about when I was maybe 12 I use to braid baler twine to make heavier ropes.  My dad had a old horse named June. Wonderful horse for kids. Wouldn't hurt a fly let alone me. Anyway living on a island in the winter things use to get boring and I did like adventures so I put a harness collar on June with a couple ropes to a hand sled and a couple more to her bridle bit and down the road we went. The roads were and still are gravel and after a couple plowings they get pretty smooth.  All was fun until dad found old June with a little sweat on her and it didn't take long for him to figure out just what I was doing.  Well after a little grabbing my shoulder and maybe a little kick in the ass that was the last time June and I had that experience.  I offend think about the things I did to keep my self entertained.  We laughed about it when I was older but they were his babies.  To bad a 12 year old can't experience things like that  now a days. 

1 hour ago, Pats fan said:

Hey Groomer,

I hope all is well. 

I'm sure you have heard this before.  I love the pictures, keep up the good work. During the summer your pictures take me back to the beautiful places, the hospitality and the fantastic trails.

Thank You 

Where was the last picture taken?  

hi pats fan !!!

great to hear from you ..many thx...everything is ok !!!.....still mild temps here....few flakes last night...-3c right now !!!

the last pic...coming back from st fidele cb ....tq 5 .....took pic right in town ,1 / 4 before arriving to the bridge over the river....where i get off tq 5 to go on the bridge on main street....just next to auberge and city hall...then back on tq 5 ....

you don t see the street on the pics....i pass on this side of the arena ( big white building )...go to main street and back up along brown building ...then tq 5 !!!

pic with sled....groomer is 1 / 4 mile back !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1403.JPG

DSC_2377.JPG

DSC_4088.JPG

DSC_5973.JPG

DSC_5218.JPG

DSC_7675.JPG

58 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

I see that picture of the big dog towing the sled. Makes me think about when I was maybe 12 I use to braid baler twine to make heavier ropes.  My dad had a old horse named June. Wonderful horse for kids. Wouldn't hurt a fly let alone me. Anyway living on a island in the winter things use to get boring and I did like adventures so I put a harness collar on June with a couple ropes to a hand sled and a couple more to her bridle bit and down the road we went. The roads were and still are gravel and after a couple plowings they get pretty smooth.  All was fun until dad found old June with a little sweat on her and it didn't take long for him to figure out just what I was doing.  Well after a little grabbing my shoulder and maybe a little kick in the ass that was the last time June and I had that experience.  I offend think about the things I did to keep my self entertained.  We laughed about it when I was older but they were his babies.  To bad a 12 year old can't experience things like that  now a days. 

bonjour shore1066 !!!

great story ....hope i have the right words to explain .....reading your story reminded me ....when i was 7-8-10 y / 0....i was using a piece of wood...like a 2 x 4 or smaller...then a piece of gearing / sprocket nailed to one end of that piece of wood and pushing it for hrs ....ahhahaha

there was no i-pod ..play station back then !!! it was a great way to spend time !!!...

jean-guy

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

1 hour ago, MrGutz said:

Yo "G"

What are all the Signs in the 8-9 Pictures?

There are like 15 of them.

Thanks

GutZ

hi gutz !!!

on the side facing main st ....they expose big pictures....maybe 15'' x 20'' all summer...for tourists... gaspesie pics...quebec pics...

the little shack next to bridge....its the  touristic info center !!!

on the far left side....the fence....there s a mini fall there...each summer they put 2-3 salmons for tourists ..

still grey sky and -5c !!!

jean-guy

DSC_7195.JPG

DSC_7230.JPG

DSC_7288.JPG

DSC_7329.JPG

DSC_7408.JPG

DSC_7421.JPG

9 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Well

Ca marche pas ici les photos!!!

good morning jg !!!

well .... i don t know what to say ..

when i download my pics from my camera ...the ones i keep for posting ... i send them in '' my documents '''...then start from there when posting here...

just thinking about that ....not 100 % sure....check somewhere in your profile...settings ...blah-blah-blah.....could be wrong ...there s maybe something to check to fix your problem

grey sky and -14c this morning !!!

old pics of logging road between the ''24 '' and hill of the '' 35 '' !!!

jean-guy

DSC_7974.JPG

DSC_7994.JPG

DSC_8004.JPG

DSC_8067.JPG

DSC_8102.JPG

DSC_8110.JPG

On 12/5/2018 at 8:23 AM, groomer said:

good morning jg !!!

well .... i don t know what to say ..

when i download my pics from my camera ...the ones i keep for posting ... i send them in '' my documents '''...then start from there when posting here...

just thinking about that ....not 100 % sure....check somewhere in your profile...settings ...blah-blah-blah.....could be wrong ...there s maybe something to check to fix your problem

grey sky and -14c this morning !!!

old pics of logging road between the ''24 '' and hill of the '' 35 '' !!!

jean-guy

DSC_7974.JPG

DSC_7994.JPG

DSC_8004.JPG

DSC_8067.JPG

DSC_8102.JPG

DSC_8110.JPG

9 hours ago, lindasledgirl said:

Beautiful photo’s as usual Jean-Guy!! I am happy you had some sunshine today!

Linda

good morning linda !!!

merci ....great to see the sunshine...not much since mid october ...maybe...

a bit of both this morning clouds and sunshine..tiny snowflakes falling ...

-16c !!

about the horse...we need nutella  !!! ahaha

jean-guy

DSC_7470.JPG

DSC_7501.JPG

DSC_0070.JPG

DSC_7528.JPG

DSC_0035 (1).JPG

DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_7519.JPG

DSC_0053 (1).JPG

26 minutes ago, doo4adoo said:

These latest pictures are great shots, magazine worthy!

Thanks

good morning doo4adoo !!!

merci !!! like that kind of pics....should take more...different than always looking at moose pics !!!

thats the same pool  than the pics i posted during summer when salmons were stuck in the pool because water level was too low !!!

about 4 miles from my house !!!

jean-guy

DSC_7547.JPG

DSC_7540.JPG

DSC_7553.JPG