Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

3 hours ago, smclelan said:

I know you excited about the bearded man coming, but that is still 3 days away.  I am guessing you are practicing new Photoshop skills. 

omg !!! our moderator woke up with 2 left foot this morning !!!...aahahha

in the gaspesie, we re smart !!!...we think ahead !!!...

my brother did the photoshop work ...no skills and patience for that !!!

well , trails kaputt for a while ...

6 c around noon at city hall !!!

merry christmas again !!!😀😛😁

jean-guy

DSC_8448.JPG

DSC_8397.JPG

DSC_8442.JPG

DSC_8434.JPG

DSC_8405.JPG

DSC_8400.JPG

DSC_8402.JPG

DSC_8410.JPG

DSC_8452.JPG

DSC_8455.JPG

DSC_8458.JPG

DSC_8460.JPG

DSC_8479.JPG

DSC_8484.JPG

DSC_8495.JPG

hi smclelan and jackstraw !!!

still white...but some places ...base is very thin !!!

pics with the grader ....town is half a mile in front of the grader .....and '' school bus '' is 1 mile behind the grader ...so, before going there , i checked if ice has been scraped before starting going uphill...so , in the street ,it was ok ....but once on the first hill .....almost at the top ...no more scrapping ...hurried up to put my truck on the 4 x 4 ...because road lean badly to the left ....too late to go back in town....so , i made it to the entrance of the gravel pit ...and stayed there for 45 mins ...1 hr.... before grader arrive...my pants almost changed colors !!!

i called one of my brother to look for an emergency phone number to catch those plow truck drivers...

still very foggy ....7 c at city hall ..

almost happy not too groom ...stuck with a very bad grippe !!!...since a monday !!!

jean-guy

DSC_8399.JPG

DSC_8405.JPG

DSC_8412.JPG

DSC_8425.JPG

DSC_8429.JPG

DSC_8436.JPG

DSC_8454.JPG

1 hour ago, Florida Snowman said:

Get well soon Jean-Guy!

bonsoir tom !!!

thx.....tough one !!!...started last monday morning !!!

not much change in the temps right now...still 3c at the airport at 7 pm !!!

pics from dec 22 th ....2017 !!!...local trails 

jean-guy

DSC_1944.JPG

DSC_2100.JPG

37 minutes ago, Trailblazer said:

I hear ya on the grippe JG, finished work Friday at lunch then BAM just like that hit me hard, still feel like skata!!

good morning jg !!!

yaaa...not funny !!! i thought i was ok saturday morning ...but came back a little bit!!!.... '' bonus ''  hrs on the couch this week...ahahhaha

well, -16c this morning ...grey sky ....few tiny snowflakes !!!

random pics to keep spirit up !!!

jean-guy

jg 3.jpg

jg 1.jpg

jgh 7.jpg

jgh 8.jpg

1 hour ago, scorpionbowl said:

That’s in the middle of nowhere, were u looking for Santa? Did u take the truck or ATV or reindeer?

hi scorpionbowl !!!!

not exactly ...haha...spent most of the week in the house...still have that grippe !!!!

it was time for a ride !!! truck .....4w and s x s are nt allowed anymore on the duniere reserve....maybe for hunting only !!!there s so many roads....wardens could nt find me !!!

middle of nowhere ...no...turned around about 45 miles from home....must be careful...christmas time ...no traffic..no trucking...saw a little jeep at the 16 miles on my way back...

tomorrow , if i think about it....i ll show you where its middle of nowhere !!!...

just too bad...little clouds of snow....no luck to see clearly the mountains 

jean-guy

DSC_0086 (2).JPG

DSC_8604.JPG

DSC_8611.JPG

DSC_8602.JPG

DSC_8624.JPG

DSC_8652.JPG

DSC_8667.JPG

DSC_0053 (3).JPG

Back in the day we used to take the Backcountry road shortcut to St.Margerette from Faribault, I believe it’s the Dunieres Reserve.

Big grippe is getting bigger grrr....

Edited by Trailblazer

1 hour ago, Trailblazer said:

Back in the day we used to take the Backcountry road shortcut to St.Margerette from Faribault, I believe it’s the Dunieres Reserve.

Big grippe is getting bigger grrr....

hi jg  !!!

right....duniere reserve ....begin at mile 24 on logging rd...end at mile 50 toward la cache....and if memory still good....end at mile 54 toward faribault camp

faribault ...'' bloc faribault '' ...its 40 wood lots side by side .....private...

back in the 80's and 90's  , going up to the faribault ...we were riding left side of logging rd ...then at the '' 41 '' and up  !!!

maps to show you the meaning of in the ''middle of nowhere '' for me...must be 98 ....went to the 28 to look for moose antlers...let my truck there and go ...after a few miles i did nt bother much with antlers...so, i was looking for scenery !!!...landed at the 41 ....then 46 is nt too far ..lets go !!!...big logging camp there back in the 70's ...early 80's..

well. few mins from bridge of the 50 ....vrooooooooooooommmm !!!

geez...only 12-15 miles away from the faribault .....braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappp!!!

on my way there, i was thinking ...lets try to find the trail of a friend...been there 1 x the year before...so , once at the faribault ....keep going off the trail...between 9 and 10 ...there s no road...go up ..very steep between the trees and land on top of the mountain...

high enough to see logging road at he 30 ...and maybe at the 17 !!!....follow the numbers in red !!!...at number 10 ...you feel alone...be sure of that !!!!

i think it was first or second week of april !!!

jean-guy

farib 2.jpg

farib 1.jpg

farib 3.jpg

bonjour !!!

different pots today ...stuff you don t see everyday !!!

dad is 95 y / o today !!! rode sleds tons back in the 60's and 70's  and a bit in the 80's !!!

volunteered tons for our club in town back in the 70's !!!

few pics !!!

jean-guy

aah.jpg

club nautique.jpg

DSC_8702.JPG

dad 2.jpg

bonsoir !!!

thx all...i ll tell him ....did nt go to see him because of my grippe...but getting better...

i rather stay home...he s been bad lucky with pneumonia in the last few years !!

went to see the trails at the intersection of the lake and st alexandre , late afternoon ...first time outside the house since monday afternoon

no changes...snow like cement ...

-21c this morning ...up to -8c....blue sky all day !!!

jean-guy

DSC_8728.JPG

DSC_0015 (9).JPG

DSC_8739.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_8722.JPG

DSC_8735.JPG

DSC_8724.JPG

DSC_8718.JPG

DSC_8721.JPG

18 hours ago, groomer said:

dad is 95 y / o today !!! rode sleds tons back in the 60's and 70's  and a bit in the 80's !!!

volunteered tons for our club in town back in the 70's !!!

Please thank him for us! Great role-model for living long & giving much!

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

Please thank him for us! Great role-model for living long & giving much!

bonjour playhard !!!

merci ...i ll tell him for sure !!!

even in the 90's ...dad know more stuff than me about computers....always wanted to learn.... at 92 ....he was still driving his quadriporter ( electric 4 wheels chair )....but after a few crashes ...broken hip ..black eyes ...he had to stop !!!

dad started business in 55 !!!

pics from dec 26 th  2017........-18c this morning with a few tiny snowflakes and a bit windy !!!

jean-guy

DSC_2392.JPG

DSC_2215.JPG

DSC_2390.JPG

DSC_2368.JPG