Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

So sorry to hear of your loss. May you and your family take comfort in the knowledge that he will live on in your hearts and memories. My dad too was passionate about snowmobiles from the early days and I often smile thinking of the adventures and mis adventures I had with him. 

So sorry to hear about your loss JG!

Having gone through this myself I can relate to your pain .

My Dad said these words to me many times as I was growing up and I have said them ( already ) more than once to my 11 year old son - " It is an honor to bury a parent who lived a long and good life . . It is a tragedy to bury a child" !! 

Many times over the years I have thought about these words and frankly didn't realize fully what he meant until my son was born.

Your Dad is at Peace now and your final honor to him is to lay him down for his final rest.

Jean-Guy,

My sincere condolences to you and your family. I loved your father, he was like you...strong willed lets say. I will always remember that he dressed in his work shirt when I would visit...but also that he went to the dealership on his electric scooter when he wasn’t suppose to. As sad as today is for you and for me, we are both saying farewell to a parent, your dad, my mom, I think its like we are again connected. I love that you think your dad is picking my mom up on a new skidoo to take her to heaven, just hopefully he doesn’t have a communicator on his helmet because she talks a lot! Since my first trip to the Gaspesie, my mom had told me her family was from Gaspe. Another reason I must feel at home there. 

I will be holding your hand today from far away and you mine, as we say farewell to them. Be strong, think of all the good times.

Hugs,

Linda

EC847421-8108-42A5-B55B-C8F7B1047EB7.jpeg

FB9DEE9E-CEFB-43B3-819A-9AAF2F112E7C.jpeg

bonjour 

just to say merci for the nice words.very soothing to read them..

dad and i were alike...happy in the middle of nowhere with no neighbors and traffic jams...

for you linda...you would have enjoyed a 3-4 days salmon fishing trip down the patapedia river with dad...he  knew that river like he dug it by himself

mom and dad started business in 1955 ...with chainsaws...

early 60' s '' chez nous , cest ski doo !!!...right from the beginning

motorcycles...late 60's ...bridgestone , triumph , bsa ....yamaha later ...mortorcycles only....then late 74 ...early 75 ....honda...

if memory still good ...dad sold dealership to 2 of my brothers in 82 ...also ,first time in amqui 

new dealership/ building  in 84 in amqui ...

august 97 ,big loss ...mom passed away ...she was the chainsaw pieces clerk mastermind ......dealing with guys with big beard...big belly and big arms and talking big strange words

very well respected...when she left us ...she made some of those big guys cry...

around 00's  , oldest brother retired from business

2016 , opening of the dealership in matane...

glad dad saw the evolution of the dealership..right from the beginning

even if dad was handicapped by his sight ...he never stopped...always forward....always new projects in mind...

thank you 

jean-guy

DSC_6224.JPG

Your dad was lucky to live to 95. My sister in laws twin sister just passed away this week at the age of 60. Had a small lesion removed from her thumb which turned out to be cancerous, Did MRI's and cat scans and found cancer through her whole body, stage 4. No symptoms, 8 weeks later gone. Life is short, enjoy life while you can! To say my sister in law is devastated is an understatement. They where in separable

2 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

Your dad was lucky to live to 95. My sister in laws twin sister just passed away this week at the age of 60. Had a small lesion removed from her thumb which turned out to be cancerous, Did MRI's and cat scans and found cancer through her whole body, stage 4. No symptoms, 8 weeks later gone. Life is short, enjoy life while you can! To say my sister in law is devastated is an understatement. They where in separable

hi jackstraw 

sad story ...condolences to you and families....

one of my sisters is a nurse at the hospital in amqui.....from what she told me...i guess dad was a force of nature ...if i can say that ..

and yes ....enjoy life !!!

jean-guy

DSC_7273.JPG

good morning !!!

back from st alexandre...lac saumon and the lake .....just checked....- 34 c at 9 pm at the airport ....-25c at city hall at 11 pm 

saw only 1 sled !!!

downtown lac saumon and  st alexandre at night !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0088.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

DSC_0116.JPG

DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0151.JPG

DSC_0166.JPG

DSC_0197.JPG

DSC_0224.JPG

DSC_0234.JPG

DSC_0273.JPG

DSC_0020 (1).JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

2 hours ago, artsled said:

Great pics Jean !!🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼👍🏼

hi artsled !!!

thx...run started nicely ....light snow.....but on my way back ...not too nice...big snow clouds...and the wind....stopped a few times ...could nt see where i was going 

sunny and -26c this morning

jean-guy

DSC_0297.JPG

DSC_0309.JPG

DSC_0349.JPG

DSC_0383.JPG

On 1/14/2019 at 4:39 PM, groomer said:

'' chez nous , cest ski doo !!!...

Couldn't get those words off my brain, so I go down the rabbit hole, and find the new go-to karaoke song!...

Then one thing leads to another...

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

Couldn't get those words off my brain, so I go down the rabbit hole, and find the new go-to karaoke song!...

Then one thing leads to another...

bonjour playhard !!!

funny ...thx for sharing ...bring back memories when i was younger...remember seeing 52 spark plugs in the back rest of a nordic...

those flange rubber on the carburator....clothes smelling gas for mile and miles.

on the second video...according to the comments...guy from carleton singing !!!

back from taking a few pics...snowing like crazy ...im home since 45 mins....already 1 inch on my truck ..

jean-guy

DSC_0439.JPG

DSC_0484.JPG

DSC_0451.JPG

DSC_0465.JPG

DSC_0469.JPG

DSC_0466.JPG

DSC_0477.JPG

DSC_0432.JPG

DSC_0427.JPG

DSC_0431.JPG

DSC_0487.JPG

DSC_0490.JPG

DSC_0508.JPG

DSC_0512.JPG

DSC_0516.JPG

DSC_0531.JPG

DSC_0541.JPG

DSC_0543.JPG

DSC_0545.JPG

DSC_0553.JPG

26 minutes ago, GT Rider said:

Hi JG

The only way I go there is after you make a pass. I'm tired just looking at that.

Thanks for all the great pictures.

hi gt rider !!!

right...i guess so ...safer....thx...bienevenue....since noon ,about 7 '' of snow...and you can add another 2-3 '' from the morning 

very bad outside ...windy a little ...not too many ladies walking on my street tonight....hahha....almost no traffic at all on main street ..

took pics around 4 30 pm ...

jean-guy

DSC_0583.JPG

DSC_0633.JPG

DSC_0598.JPG

DSC_0581.JPG

DSC_0604.JPG