Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

1 hour ago, mcstar said:

I recognize that Cabin!!

Is that Linda??

hi mcstar !!!

right....yaaa...linda + friends from ontario !!! back in march 2017 !!!

a bit later ...went shoveling the roof !!!

trail we used when we went !!!

few fleurries now...windy a bit !!!

jean-guy

DSC_3159.JPG

DSC_3165.JPG

DSC_3170.JPG

DSC_3172.JPG

15 minutes ago, P Hardy said:

Hey Jean-Guy,

We were fortunate enough to be some of the first tracks on your fresh groomed trail Friday morning and they were fantastic! Had a couple great days of riding. Thanks for all the time you put in, it's greatly appreciated!

Preston

hi preston !!!

merci !!! happy for you !!! very appreciated .... came back around 3 am if memory still good !!!

well , today its different , i was supposed to go grooming tq 5  tonight...but storm started around 3 pm ...very rock'n roll outside !!! not nice !!!

so , i ll start  in the morning !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6219.JPG

DSC_6224.JPG

On 2/14/2019 at 1:18 PM, groomer said:

after reading comments from 2 different members a few days ago...

in the states ...you can buy gorilla tape....

here in the gaspesie , we have '' GODZILLA TAPE ''.....bigger ...wider and stronger !!!...for pro jobs !!!

available in all great gaspesian depanneurs !!!😜

jean-guy

DSC_3841.JPG

DSC_3844.JPG

DSC_3850.JPG

DSC_3858.JPG

Love It!!!

GutZ

15 hours ago, MrGutz said:

Love It!!!

GutZ

bonsoir gutz !!!

glad you love it !!! i had that tape in the machine.....so ...lets do  a joke !!!

back from grooming tq 5 ....woke up at 2 30 am....still snowing like crazy ...so ,waited til 5 am...left at 7 am .....13 hrs run ...-5c !!! 50-60 sleds !!!

jean-guy

DSC_4975.JPG

DSC_4974.JPG

DSC_4745.JPG

DSC_4755.JPG

DSC_4766.JPG

DSC_4778.JPG

DSC_4893.JPG

DSC_4918.JPG

DSC_4930.JPG

DSC_4939.JPG

DSC_4947.JPG

DSC_4954.JPG

DSC_5072.JPG

DSC_5048.JPG

DSC_4982.JPG

DSC_5010.JPG

Hi JG

We are at La Coulee Douce. We took a ride to the club house yesterday to see how the trail conditions were. There was one track the 15 miles to get there. Lots of powder. When we returned we could see you had been through. Many thanks.

53 minutes ago, GT Rider said:

Hi JG

We are at La Coulee Douce. We took a ride to the club house yesterday to see how the trail conditions were. There was one track the 15 miles to get there. Lots of powder. When we returned we could see you had been through. Many thanks.

hi gt rider and mrs gt rider !!!

traffic started late yesterday ....i was in ste marguerite around 11 am ...saw first sleds there....most of them going east during the day ...

if going east ...it ll be bumpy ...warm yesterday ....and when i came back ....'' at the school bus ''...i saw that guys from albertville came ....with no drag ...

at least colder today 

that deer walking alone....he was exhausted....going east ...just before crossing the road for ste marguerite...then exit for the auberge...

jean-guy

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0060 (1).JPG

DSC_0008 (4).JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG

DSC_0047 (1).JPG

DSC_0034 (3).JPG

1 hour ago, GT Rider said:

I heard from the hotel owner that school is closed today. It was open yesterday. There are road closures by Mont-Joli. Plenty of wind today.

yaaa...and around the gaspesie...saw that a few mins ago...must nt be nice on the trails with that wind !!!

pics ...before arriving in that plantation not to far from church !!!

there was 4 

jean-guy

DSC_0009 (8).JPG

DSC_0037 (2).JPG

DSC_0012 (4).JPG

DSC_0020 (4).JPG

DSC_0030 (3).JPG

41 minutes ago, GT Rider said:

Hi JG,

We are talking with some people that said there are huge drifts from the bridge coming north. Mother Nature left a mess for you. It took them 6 hours from Carlton.

bonsoir gt rider !!!

i guess so ...glad ,yesterday , i pushed extra snow on both sides of the trail at that big clearcut before the  hill with antler!!!

on the other post ...the garage at the '' school bus ''....almost sank and stalled the machine right at the height of the garage....and just a bit up the trail along the field ...there was 3-4 ' of drifted snow for half a mile there !!!

on my way to bed soon !!!

jean-guy

jgh 9.jpg

jgh 12.jpg

12 hours ago, Blueblood said:

Headed to riviere du loup Saturday to start a saddlebag tour of gaspe for a week.  Looking forward to seeing this for the first time.  And seeing some of the spots groomer takes his pictures from.

hi blueblood !!!

back from grooming at 8 pm...15 hrs run .....windy and sunny ....traffic was late...started around 2 pm ...big drifts...

jean-guy

DSC_5161.JPG

DSC_5167.JPG

DSC_5189.JPG

DSC_5206.JPG

DSC_5232.JPG

DSC_5243.JPG

DSC_5260.JPG

DSC_5283.JPG

DSC_5295.JPG

DSC_5305.JPG

DSC_5328.JPG

DSC_5357.JPG

DSC_5358.JPG

DSC_5384.JPG

DSC_5435.JPG

DSC_5460.JPG

On 2/26/2019 at 7:53 AM, groomer said:

hi gt rider and mrs gt rider !!!

traffic started late yesterday ....i was in ste marguerite around 11 am ...saw first sleds there....most of them going east during the day ...

if going east ...it ll be bumpy ...warm yesterday ....and when i came back ....'' at the school bus ''...i saw that guys from albertville came ....with no drag ...

at least colder today 

that deer walking alone....he was exhausted....going east ...just before crossing the road for ste marguerite...then exit for the auberge...

jean-guy

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0060 (1).JPG

DSC_0008 (4).JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0064.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG

DSC_0047 (1).JPG

DSC_0034 (3).JPG

I wonder how many animals die from exhaustion walking through snow like that! Crazy

hi zeusand and blueblood !!!

i know a few wardens in town....if i think about it ....i ll ask if they have statistic about that ..i remember , maybe 17 years ago...coming back early morning...dead deer on the trail...he was still warm

yaaa...snow banks is getting high ...don t like that much ...not much room 

sunny day !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0010 (8).JPG

DSC_5174.JPG

DSC_5166.JPG

DSC_5207.JPG

DSC_5262.JPG

DSC_5288.JPG

DSC_5298.JPG

DSC_5299.JPG

14 hours ago, smclelan said:

Wow you must have been on top of a windmill!

tbk steven !!!

i knew you would come with the right answer !!!...but the don t worry , in nova scotia you can t afford that kind of windmills !!!....hahahaha😜

great run , but ended in a fish tail....went to groom the exit for the esso gas station...behind church ...tons of snow and a few very sharp corners...180'

so , with all that snow too much pressure on the drag ....so , unhooked...

too asleep , i did nt pay much attention  when i unhooked the hydraulic hoses...too tired to think ...let the drag there...and go to bed....arrived home at  5 45 am

no grip on the hoses...i said a few strange words...

drag about 4 miles from the gas station ...but 1.5 if i use the streets 

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG

DSC_5975.JPG

DSC_6008.JPG

DSC_6050.JPG

DSC_6076.JPG

DSC_6128.JPG

10 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Wowza!  

bonjour playhard !!!

merci !!! great '' light '' friday  night supper time !!!

cloudy today ...-18c....grooming tq 5 tonight....better bring my patience with me....carnaval in ste marguerite...going to be bumpy !!!

jean-guy

DSC_5751.JPG

DSC_5754.JPG

DSC_5763.JPG

DSC_5772.JPG

DSC_5784.JPG

DSC_5785.JPG

DSC_5187.JPG