Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

On 3/16/2019 at 8:44 AM, groomer said:

good morning steven and linda !!!

well , i was nt expecting to go riding thursday ....when i saw that snow was like cheez whiz....no grooming tonight ....so , we went for a big ride !!!

my first idea, was to ride locally and go to see that belvedere at the falls in st alexandre...

caught the grippe last monday night while grooming.....not in great shape since last 2 days... still  grey sky ..looks like it want to clear ...+3 c at the airport !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0014 (1).JPG

DSC_0017 (1).JPG

DSC_7762.JPG

DSC_7765.JPG

DSC_7787.JPG

DSC_7766.JPG

Yo G!

I like the Black and White Pics!

All the rest too.

Thanks 

GutZ

44 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

Yo G!

I like the Black and White Pics!

All the rest too.

Thanks 

GutZ

yo gutz !!!

i like b / w pics too ...different and can have a great effect on the eyes !!!

should take more often !!!

between st francois and matapedia........many great spots to take pics  ...lots of maple trees in that area !!!

on my way to see the mechanic of the club at gas station...something strange happened with groomer on my way back sunday night....

groomer ....slowed down almost stalled ...by himself ....just like he fell on reverse....

by the time i put my foot on the clutch ...i saw the red light for reverse was on ....

need to check  a few things !!!

jean-guy

DSC_7760.JPG

DSC_7761.JPG

On 3/18/2019 at 4:10 AM, groomer said:

on my way back ...climbing first hill west of st fidele cb ...right in the sharp corner with the tree stand on the left side....fell off the trail...almost looked like the driver of the apollo .....ahaha

5...4...3...2...1...Blast-off!

No pics = never happened!

16 minutes ago, groomer said:

forgot a few....

cold last night ...-25c....-14c right now....

gorgeous day for riding .....blue sky day !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0008 (7).JPG

DSC_0004 (9).JPG

DSC_0014 (5).JPG

You almost forgot the best pics??

2 hours ago, groomer said:

just for fun!!!

1922 and 2019 !!!

jean-guy

pont 8 milles.jpg

DSC_8030.JPG

Old Quebec must have been incredible, I wonder what the engineer set the weight limit at on that bridge, a double load of logs, and they worked!!

20 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

Old Quebec must have been incredible, I wonder what the engineer set the weight limit at on that bridge, a double load of logs, and they worked!!

could be interesting to know !!!! 

back in the 60's and 70's ...they were floating logs on the river !!!right there at the bridge...there was often log jams !!!

10-12 miles up the bridge...there was '' dumps '' for truck to unload logs  in the river...few miles from my camp !!!

looking at one of the pic....road for the lake ( the one i groom ) not built yet ...can see road is turning hard left ...for lake casault ...remember being there with dad....they were still working with horses...early 70's !!!

jean-guy

kosap 23.jpg

kosap 24.jpg

5 hours ago, groomer said:

could be interesting to know !!!! 

back in the 60's and 70's ...they were floating logs on the river !!!right there at the bridge...there was often log jams !!!

10-12 miles up the bridge...there was '' dumps '' for truck to unload logs  in the river...few miles from my camp !!!

looking at one of the pic....road for the lake ( the one i groom ) not built yet ...can see road is turning hard left ...for lake casault ...remember being there with dad....they were still working with horses...early 70's !!!

jean-guy

I’m surprised they were still floating logs down the river in the 60-70’s, I think they stopped that in the northeast states around 1900...

1 hour ago, scorpionbowl said:

I’m surprised they were still floating logs down the river in the 60-70’s, I think they stopped that in the northeast states around 1900...

bonsoir scorpionbowl !!!

i remember seeing log jams at the bridge for the lake when i was a kid....back then, dad had a cabin at the lake ....

even in town....next to city hall or close to auberge...just next to the  bridge...log jams there and using a td 25 bulldozer to push the logs..

guy operating the bulldozer could lift a 45 gallons drum of fuel to fill his tractor...get out of the way kids !!!!

at the bridge for the lake....causapscal river was owned by americans back then...70' s and lower...

pq government bought it back and i guess its about that time floating stopped on the river ...early 70's 

river was at the back of the house of my dad ...could see those guys pulling back logs stuck along the river using long boats......drave !!!

even in my street late 60's early 70's...they were dumping logs in the river...i was maybe 8-10 y / o...i remember that very clearly 

back then , they were calling my street ...the street of the compagnies !!!...and there was even a wood mill !!!

at my camp ...about 7 miles up the brook ...brought steven and linda there...back in the old days...there was a mini dam ...then spring time ...they were floating logs in the brook connecting with the river !!!

at the 18 miles on the logging road...remember that ...big hangar for those boats they were using on the brooks and rivers!!!

i just noticed...on the pics...boats were 3x that length

jean-guy

dump 2.jpg

dump.jpg

drave 1.jpg

drave.jpg

10 hours ago, groomer said:

bonsoir scorpionbowl !!!

i remember seeing log jams at the bridge for the lake when i was a kid....back then, dad had a cabin at the lake ....

even in town....next to city hall or close to auberge...just next to the  bridge...log jams there and using a td 25 bulldozer to push the logs..

guy operating the bulldozer could lift a 45 gallons drum of fuel to fill his tractor...get out of the way kids !!!!

at the bridge for the lake....causapscal river was owned by americans back then...70' s and lower...

pq government bought it back and i guess its about that time floating stopped on the river ...early 70's 

river was at the back of the house of my dad ...could see those guys pulling back logs stuck along the river using long boats......drave !!!

even in my street late 60's early 70's...they were dumping logs in the river...i was maybe 8-10 y / o...i remember that very clearly 

back then , they were calling my street ...the street of the compagnies !!!...and there was even a wood mill !!!

at my camp ...about 7 miles up the brook ...brought steven and linda there...back in the old days...there was a mini dam ...then spring time ...they were floating logs in the brook connecting with the river !!!

at the 18 miles on the logging road...remember that ...big hangar for those boats they were using on the brooks and rivers!!!

i just noticed...on the pics...boats were 3x that length

jean-guy

dump 2.jpg

dump.jpg

drave 1.jpg

drave.jpg

JG, did those clean shaven loggers run Quebec out of razor blades??

bonjour playhard....blueblood and quebec bob !!!

yaa..great dudes !!!

don t ask why guys had big arms back then...hard work...heavy chainsaw...etc !!!

that tractor operator...heard stories of him...moving car in a parking because they were in his way...him and his brother...coming from a strong family

those guys could spend few days in a row on the river...so....the beard....

the last of the group ...was the cook ...with all his stuff to prepare meals along the river !!!

just too bad...since last night , im trying to find a pic of those boats....flat bed ...in wood....close to 30' long maybe

pic with the car ...back in 1929 , next to where i turn around at the lake ......cabins by lake casault ...nice place....

logs on the river....about 1.5 miles lower than the bridge ......shortcut for albertville !!!

cloudy with a bit of sunshine...0c !!!

jean-guy

car.jpg

casault.jpg

drave 2.jpg

6 hours ago, NHTOM said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMixnGRrMjE

Kennebec river Maine 1976

hi nhtom !!!

interesting video !!!

reminds me back in the old days when dad was using his boat with an outboard  motor and riding on the river and there was still a few logs...

at my camp , along the brook ....there s still a few 4' long logs along the brook from the old days.

forgot , the pic with the 2 old cars...back in the 70's ,there was an old house there ,right where the cars are...it was the relay of our club in town back then ...

our club fell apart ..lack of volunteers...

jean-guy

kosap.jpg

38 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Is that a picture looking down at the train station across from your house? Very cool.

hi steven !!!

yes...on the right...road going up....field on top ..'' school bus ''...next to the road on the left ...where the gravel pit is......left side...used to go toboganing in the field...plantation now !!!

and the pic on this post ...

last field coming from albertville...before crossing railroad and bridge behind gas station...

mountains at the back...st alexandre and lac saumon...

nice sharp pics !!!

jean-guy

kosap 25.jpg