Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

43 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Better check with Flourette about the grossed pontine extra fromage, I ordered it for you.  She said you would not want it!!  That was the day we met you with Linda's crew.  

hahahah

i was only joking ...

your eyes are nt as  good as they used to be...

and i guess fleurette and i our memory is getting low.....must be our age !!!

i don t remember that at all !!!

don t worry !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6524.JPG

54 minutes ago, smclelan said:

I saw the deer in two pictures.  I hope you did the right thing with the quill pig.

hi steven !!!

deer looks far ...but they were close.....first time i saw them...one was about 30' away ...not stressed..moved very slowly 

i did nt do anything with the porcupine.......quill pig...first time i hear that 

this afternoon ,,,went from home to '' school bus '' and back  !!!

jean-guy

DSC_9891.JPG

DSC_9895.JPG

DSC_9876.JPG

DSC_9878.JPG

DSC_9887.JPG

9 hours ago, GT Rider said:

Hi JG

It looks like your work on TQ5 is still on going. I just wanted to say thanks for all you do. As always we look forward to your posts and pictures. Does the “quill pig” get spooked easily or can it get aggressive?

good morning jim and gemma !!!

yaaa...still a bit of work to do .....around town ,its my job to pick up the signs...might go down st fidele cb to pick up the signs even if its not my '' territory ''...a guy from ste marguerite do that part normally ...

merci beaucoup !!! very appreciated ...

rained a bit last night...both rivers in town are still very low if i can say  that ...snow melting slowly...

the porcupine was crossing the road slowly ...so , i picked up my camera in one hand ....and followed him right behind him...a foot behind...

don t know if they can get mad....i think they are too slow and lazy ....hahaha...

when i was getting too close...he was stopping for a few seconds...with his toothpick / needle straight up in the air...and then started moving again 

jean-guy

DSC_9825.JPG

DSC_9829.JPG

10 hours ago, MrGutz said:

JG

I like the pic of the Stand of Birch.

Thanks Again

GutZ

hi gutz !!!

bienvenue ..thx !!!

sunshine since last few days....need rain to help snow melt faster ...might go riding this afternoon...

no news pics !!!

at the '' falls '' outside town...few years back 

jean-guy

falllllssss!!!!!! 150.jpg

DSC03959.JPG

DSC03947.JPG

falllllssss!!!!!! 259.jpg

took time to stop at the 12 miles....did nt want to post them with others....

where the 4w is...its where the cougar i had seen back in the 90' s was....

coming back from my camp ...on a dry and dusty conditions...about 2 miles before logging ( narrower road ) i saw in my mirror a truck coming fast behind...., so , i was thinking ...i won t '' eat '' your dust .....so .....vrooom.......once at the 18 miles on logging rd....still not far again behind....so , i pushed a lot more on the mushroom...

on the pics...its the corner of the '' 12 miles '' ....that hill is almost 1 mile long .....i was going 75 mph on the way down....so , lots of dust ....i knew the truck was still behind me....as far as your can see the road...this where i started to see the cougar walking very slowly ....

i wanted to stop and take pics ...but i knew that truck was behind and with all the dust ...too dangerous..

i returned there mid week to look for tracks...but way too dry !!!

jean-guy

DSC_9924.JPG

DSC_9925.JPG

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

That looks like a very cool lookout, I will definitely be stopping there next time in the Gaspesie.

sure !!! must be nice during winter too ...

i know some went and on the patio ...snow was up to the railing...

looking at the pic...looks like some already been there lately ...can see tracks

jean-guy

DSC06568.JPG

DSC09326.JPG

16 hours ago, groomer said:

.....i was going 75 mph on the way down....

Those who know you know this is not a "typo" since your brain has always computed in mph not kph!

But those who know ATV's and knobbie all-terrain tires know 75 MPH IS SO CRAZY even without a truck chasing you!

RAPIDO!

:yahoo:

3 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Those who know you know this is not a "typo" since your brain has always computed in mph not kph!

But those who know ATV's and knobbie all-terrain tires know 75 MPH IS SO CRAZY even without a truck chasing you!

RAPIDO!

:yahoo:

bonjour playhard !!!

yaaa...my computer between the 2 ears always translate in miles...automatic !!!...my 4w is km ...but i see miles all the time...

sorry , forgot to mention ....i was with my old toyota truck....pedal to the metal trying to escape that guy...

before , back in the 90' s ...logging road was nicer...going 70-80 -90 mph was no problemo for some !!!

back in the 70's and 80's ...logging road was a lot narrower...at the end of the day ...it was '' road racing ''' between lumberjacks coming back in town ...no ones wanted to come back in the dust of the others !!!

still sunny ....up to 20 c before noon ...im waiting 2-3 days before returning in the woods ...

picked up a few sign this morning ...at the bridge behind gas station where i park my '' sport car '' and up the farm...trail for st alexandre and the lake !!!

jean-guy

DSC_9932.JPG

DSC_9933.JPG

DSC_9930.JPG

DSC_9929.JPG

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

It doesn't look like people will be mowing grass in the Zec for a while yet.

ahahah

hi smclelan !!!

yaaaa....and i guess we won t see mosquitoes soon too !!!

where snow was in the shadw...with sled tracks....snow was hard enough to hold the weight of my 4w...

river is nt very high yet ..melting slowly !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0086.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

bonsoir !!!

went to check how much snow left....

should be able to make it at the end of the  week with my 4w at my camp....unless of  a storm !!!

and not before 2 weekend with my truck...road still frozen or full mud !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0177.JPG

DSC_0180.JPG

DSC_0187.JPG

DSC_0129.JPG

DSC_0134.JPG

DSC_0139.JPG

DSC_0146.JPG

DSC_0153.JPG

DSC_0155.JPG

DSC_0162.JPG

DSC_0166.JPG

DSC_0199.JPG

DSC_0210.JPG

DSC_0214.JPG

DSC_0002 (1).JPG

DSC_0010 (2).JPG

DSC_0016 (3).JPG

DSC_0108.JPG

DSC_0115.JPG

1 minute ago, skidoo420 said:

Great pics JG making every QR long off season most enjoyable 

bonsoir skidoo420 !!!

thx...good for you !!!

i on my way to  post ,saw that you replied ...

back from another ride...still winter...few more days before landing at my camp ...lots of rain lately ...but cold...saw 2 moose this afternoon !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0326.JPG

DSC_0248.JPG

DSC_0252.JPG

DSC_0282.JPG

DSC_0287.JPG

DSC_0288.JPG

DSC_0263.JPG

DSC_0317.JPG

DSC_0292.JPG

DSC_0310.JPG

DSC_0237.JPG