Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

bonsoir !!!

went up to the ''71 km ''.......from the ''28 miles '' and up ...3-4 '' of fresh snow...

from the '''41 miles ''.....looks a bit better than here !!!

the logging camp...on the local trail...just below ste marguerite...guys travel tons of miles !!!...same compagny than the one close to la cache !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1125.JPG

DSC_1184.JPG

DSC_1212.JPG

DSC_6386.JPG

DSC_6318.JPG

DSC_1156.JPG

DSC_6329.JPG

DSC_6400.JPG

DSC_6294.JPG

DSC_6310.JPG

DSC_1231.JPG

DSC_1093.JPG

DSC_6354.JPG

DSC_6335.JPG

DSC_1105.JPG

DSC_1069.JPG

DSC_6389.JPG

DSC_6296.JPG

11 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Is the logging camp at Ste Margarite near the windmill offices?

on the other side of town ....

same road than local trail for ste marguerite...

about 1.5 miles from the cemetery.....and half a mile from logging rd !!!

btw...in ste marguerite...its not official yet ...all the stuff is there...they are waiting for a little thing ...gizmo ???...then they ll be ok 

something like st alexis or st francois......just need ''chicka-chick ''.....credit card...debit card

jean-guy

camppp.jpg

58 minutes ago, zeusand said:

Beautiful pictures on a nice clear day👍

bonjour zeusand !!!

merci....probably the first full blue sky day since a long time !!!

just too bad that big cloud appeared , could nt see mountains ....mt  coleman ,nicol-albert ...etc...stopped at mile 30 ( moose ) to take pics of  mt logan ...only a few mins and lost sight of the mountains

-22c this morning , very humid , started snowing around 10 30 am ....just stopped a few mins ago...not even 2 ''......-11 c now 

jean-guy

DSC_6315.JPG

DSC_1054.JPG

DSC_6408.JPG

DSC_6395.JPG

DSC_6345.JPG

DSC_1234.JPG

DSC_1045.JPG

DSC_6321.JPG

DSC_1060.JPG

DSC_1047.JPG

DSC_1085.JPG

2 hours ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

Great images .....You too , have a Merry, Merry Christmas ! Thanks for the year round photos.

bonjour paddy 'o !!!

thank you and bienvenue !!!

merry christmas !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1297.JPG

good morning !!!

went grooming up to logging rd...turned around and up to the lake....

a bit of light rain mid afternoon ....then before the lake and on my way back til 3 miles before big bridge...heavy snow....wet a little...snow was sticking everywhere on the machine.

very quiet in town now...

jean-guy

DSC_6500.JPG

DSC_6505.JPG

DSC_6514.JPG

DSC_6536.JPG

DSC_6429.JPG

DSC_6489.JPG

DSC_6427.JPG

DSC_6432.JPG

DSC_6497.JPG

DSC_6458.JPG

DSC_6480.JPG

DSC_6484.JPG

DSC_6455.JPG

DSC_6445.JPG

DSC_6441.JPG

7 hours ago, Pats fan said:

Bonjour Groomer

Are the  pictures from yesterday?

Merry Christmas

good morning pats fan !!!

yaaa...yesterday ...7 hrs run..

colder this morning ....-10 c...

very-very light snow...grey sky !!!

not much pics last night !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6438.JPG

DSC_6517.JPG

2 hours ago, quebec bob said:

JG , Best Wishes to you and your family for a happy holiday and a great new year, THINK SNOW!!...Bob.

bonjour bob  !!!

same to you ....merry christmas...

snow  and miles for you !!!

few flakes...windy a little 

jean-guy

olym.jpg

1 hour ago, 800steve said:

Merry Christmas Groomer, great to see you back in your office again.

great thx 800steve !!!

merry christmas to you too  !!!

looks like i was  '' rusty ''...neck is very stiff today....always turning my head and look at the drag !!!

jean-guy

jack 5.jpg

good morning !!!

looks like everyone is asleep ...(hahhaha )...almost !!!

back from st fidele cb ....getting better...nice snow from bottom of long hill in ste marguerite...

few moose bottom of hill with antlers...few quebecois at the warming hut ....

windy and snowed for a while !!!.... 8.5 hrs run !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6604.JPG

DSC_6578.JPG

DSC_6717.JPG

DSC_6651.JPG

DSC_6748.JPG

DSC_6540.JPG

DSC_6597.JPG

DSC_6585.JPG

DSC_6671.JPG

DSC_6687.JPG

DSC_6696.JPG

DSC_6795.JPG

DSC_6708.JPG

DSC_6654.JPG

DSC_6630.JPG

DSC_6758.JPG

bonjour !!!

just to let you know...

tq 5 has been plowed for about a 1 / 4 mile in the big plantation about 1.5 miles west of main street in ste marguerite !!!

heavy machinery working next to tq 5 !!!

jean-guy

stm.jpg

Hi Jean Guy,

Awesome to see some current grooming pics!

I see on the Moose Valley Facebook page that there is a new trail from New Brunswick to QC. Their quote after google translate is "A new path to the ascension-de-Patapédia will be in operation in the next week. A front door in gaspésie & Campbellton."

Do you know anything about this?

It would be great to have access to QC closer to Campbellton.

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, P Hardy said:

Hi Jean Guy,

Awesome to see some current grooming pics!

I see on the Moose Valley Facebook page that there is a new trail from New Brunswick to QC. Their quote after google translate is "A new path to the ascension-de-Patapédia will be in operation in the next week. A front door in gaspésie & Campbellton."

Do you know anything about this?

It would be great to have access to QC closer to Campbellton.

Thanks!

bonjour p hardy !!!

bienvenue !!!

great to hear from you ....

2-3 weeks ago ...i was at the dealership and a guy from st andré.....(up the hills in matapedia ) told me about that ....i can t tell you much ....i know it has been groomed 2-3 weeks ago ...about the same time i groomed tq  5 !!!

haven t been to clubhouse yet ....not much info !!

jean-guy

DSC_6785.JPG

DSC_6618.JPG

DSC_6772.JPG

DSC_6725.JPG

DSC_6764.JPG

DSC_6628.JPG

Thanks for the reply!

Hopefully you'll hear a little more in the next little bit, this could be a great shortcut to get to your area from Campbellton. Some nice to see new trail getting added and not taken away!

Now we just need a new trail from Amqui to LaCache....

Thanks!

Edited by P Hardy
spelling

2 hours ago, P Hardy said:

Thanks for the reply!

Hopefully you'll hear a little more in the next little bit, this could be a great shortcut to get to your area for Campbellton. Some nice to see new trail getting added and not taken away!

Now we just need a new trail from Amqui to LaCache....

Thanks!

bienvenue !!!

i started grooming in 00....so , i guess must be 99...maybe 98 .....there was a trail from my town up to the faribault , using the z e c and duniere reserve territory ....it was 65 miles to go there..

24 hrs run ....and 500.00$$ of fuel .....and needed a fuel tank at 41 miles on logging  for extra fuel ...i was supposed to groom that trail instead of tq 5 ....but too expensive..

that same trail today ...i quit grooming and spend the winter at my camp....trail was passing 3 miles from my camp...im the one who told the club back then which roads to use

so ,spending  winter at my camp , i could sell coffee 50 c....chocolate 1.25 $...beer 3.00 $$$ and grosse poutine extra fromage 7.95 $$$....aahahha🙂

jean-guy

DSC_6590.JPG

DSC_1227.JPG

I never realized that there was once a trail there, I didn't start sledding up there until the mid 2000's. That certainly would be a long haul in a groomer! It's hard to get operators here for a few hours, I can't imagine getting people pinned down for 24.

Are there roads to take you from the end of the trail at Lac de Huit Milles over to the local trail that goes from Carleton to La Cache? I've been through that trail a couple times and it's nice country,  I'd like to do a little off trail riding in that area someday.

Also, If you ever do quit grooming, you'll be busy at your camp with those prices...

When I started sledding the Gaspesie I had Gaspesie trail maps that showed the snowmobile trail Jean Guy is talking about to Faribault. There is a logging road that goes from La Cache straight to Groomers town, however it is partially or completely plowed most winters. That would make an trail!!!

21 minutes ago, P Hardy said:

I never realized that there was once a trail there, I didn't start sledding up there until the mid 2000's. That certainly would be a long haul in a groomer! It's hard to get operators here for a few hours, I can't imagine getting people pinned down for 24.

Are there roads to take you from the end of the trail at Lac de Huit Milles over to the local trail that goes from Carleton to La Cache? I've been through that trail a couple times and it's nice country,  I'd like to do a little off trail riding in that area someday.

Also, If you ever do quit grooming, you'll be busy at your camp with those prices...

yaaaa...thats a very long run .....back then ...the operator from matane was spending the night at the faribault and vroom the next morning to go back to matane...

24 hrs is too much ...at my age now....after 12 hrs...thats enough ....depending of the mood...ahahah

not sure if i understood well ,there s plenty of roads to connect with the trail for carleton or la cache.......but you must ride a bit on the duniere reserve...no riding there...too many moose !!!

at those prices...i ll have to start grooming again to make the trail nice ...ahaha

jean-guy

DSC_6878.JPG

DSC_6951.JPG