Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

2 hours ago, mikerider said:

That is really special!!!  So nice to still see those up and running.

mike

bonjour mike !!!

special for sure ....my second ride since the late 70' s....back in the old days we had a snowmobile club in town ....and i went grooming with one of my brothers.....must be 78 or 79 !!!

its a 1948 .....gm 250 .....and automatic transmission ....super clean inside and no smell of gas or oil !!!

we need to find a personnal '' chauffeur '' ....and buy some wine and go for a 50 miles ride !!!...ahahah

the only problem...i was seating behind and its kind of trouble to get out ....so , only  a few pics !!!

jean-guy

DSC_9860.JPG

DSC_9854.JPG

DSC_9849.JPG

DSC_9838.JPG

DSC_9814.JPG

DSC_9800.JPG

DSC_2983.JPG

44 minutes ago, zeusand said:

Great pictures, I remember we ran into one of those in the Gaspe once and the guy had a 350 V8 in it with dual exhaust.

bonsoir zeusand !!!

thx....i  think there still a few around here....remember a few years ago ...going to the mommies....met one a  few miles before  the ski center in ste irene !!!

im completely lost with my pics...hope im not posting  same pics than yesterday ...i think its going to be a cold night....-16c right now 

btw, i should be back in business tomorrow night !!!

jean-guy

DSC_9701.JPG

DSC_9737.JPG

DSC_9775.JPG

hi all !!!

yaaa...for sure ..b / w pics fit very well with the sno !!!

guy bought it 2 weeks ago ...he works on the north shore....somewhere around fermont !!!

he come back every 2 weeks in town...sure , i can ask him for a ride !!!

production sheets are dark a bit !!!

jean-guy

DSC_9873.JPG

DSC_2983.JPG

DSC_2990.JPG

DSC_9870.JPG

good morning !!!

started grooming with another groomer....club leased one from the tractor dealer in amqui .....very smooth ....but need more ponies under the hood 

i met my friend with my  ex half a mile west of long hill in ste marguerite...

almost discouraging ...the motor ....need a pace maker ...running bad 

jean-guy

DSC_9921.JPG

DSC_9908.JPG

DSC_9912.JPG

DSC_9925.JPG

DSC_9928.JPG

DSC_9930.JPG

DSC_9934.JPG

DSC_9940.JPG

DSC_9946.JPG

good morning blueblood and smclelan !!!

sorry for the confusion .......you don t pay attention to my pics !!!!....ahahahaha

i posted pics last tuesday ....you did nt see the smoke coming from exhaust !!!

while climbing first long west of st fidele cb monday ......turbo kaputt.....i was almost on top .....motor felt into protection ....i was on my way to shut the motor offto reset everything......then suddenly ...rpm went way up even if ignition was off...i went outside..took a few pics and look at the machine died there !!!

the mechanic from the tractor dealer in amqui with a friend went wednesday to check it ....mechanic was sure to fix it right on the trail ....so ,yesterday they went back and no luck ...hard time to start it ...so, i  met my friend last night coming back with my ex ...half a mile before going down long hill in ste marguerite

motor was running very poorly...he let my ex at the depanneur in ste marguerite ....and now im grooming with the groomer they have leased from the tractor dealer in amqui ..

the one i have right have less hp ...like bluebood said.....it ll make longer .....slower in big drifts ...etc...and extra quebec words while grooming !!!

did nt take long to realize there was less ponies under the hood !!!

jean-guy

DSC_9618.JPG

DSC_9751.JPG

DSC_9621.JPG

DSC_9615.JPG

DSC_9616.JPG

DSC_9757.JPG

DSC_9779.JPG

DSC_9786.JPG

DSC_9796.JPG

1 hour ago, neksledr said:

That Gilbert looks tired JG, time for some new iron for you! Better peel off that Iceman sticker to duct tape on new ride until Don replaces it!

bonjour neksledr !!!

just back from ste marguerite to pick up my stuff !!!

yaaa...last night when i heard the motor running ....almost sad to hear the sound of the motor.....they should bring the machine to the tractor dealer in amqui monday 

make an estimation of damages....and decide...

just started snowing lightly ...grooming local trails tonight !!!

jean-guy

DSC_3043.JPG

DSC_3057.JPG

DSC_3039.JPG

DSC_3051.JPG

DSC_9950.JPG

DSC_9963.JPG

DSC_9967.JPG

11 hours ago, groomer said:

good morning blueblood and smclelan !!!

sorry for the confusion .......you don t pay attention to my pics !!!!....ahahahaha

i posted pics last tuesday ....you did nt see the smoke coming from exhaust !!!

while climbing first long west of st fidele cb monday ......turbo kaputt.....i was almost on top .....motor felt into protection ....i was on my way to shut the motor offto reset everything......then suddenly ...rpm went way up even if ignition was off...i went outside..took a few pics and look at the machine died there !!!

the mechanic from the tractor dealer in amqui with a friend went wednesday to check it ....mechanic was sure to fix it right on the trail ....so ,yesterday they went back and no luck ...hard time to start it ...so, i  met my friend last night coming back with my ex ...half a mile before going down long hill in ste marguerite

motor was running very poorly...he let my ex at the depanneur in ste marguerite ....and now im grooming with the groomer they have leased from the tractor dealer in amqui ..

the one i have right have less hp ...like bluebood said.....it ll make longer .....slower in big drifts ...etc...and extra quebec words while grooming !!!

did nt take long to realize there was less ponies under the hood !!!

jean-guy

DSC_9618.JPG

DSC_9751.JPG

DSC_9621.JPG

DSC_9615.JPG

DSC_9616.JPG

DSC_9757.JPG

DSC_9779.JPG

DSC_9786.JPG

DSC_9796.JPG

JG, I pay attention to your photos. I assume image #6 reflects a Gaspese woman praying to the snow gods :  ) & that a piston bully is coming your way shortly. Also image # 2 reflects she is a bit messy. Please ask her to pick up behind herself before she exits the clubhouse. 

Best of luck in your crisis. Thanks for all you do. 

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

bonjour a tous !!!

sorry for the long wait ...busy here in the gaspesie....no time for skidooooooing and ballerines !!!

long story short....down to st fidele cb ....turned around and up first long hill ....almost on top ...suddenly , motor fell into '' protection ''.....i was on my to turn ignition off......vroooOOOMM...motor started to pick up rpm ....even with ignition off

took my snowmobile pants....lunch and thermos of coffee outside....while taking pics ...i was thinking ...forgot my head lamp inside + cell...motor still running wide open !!! cant remember exactly ...a few mins.....then dead...

so , i went back inside with all my stuff....and started to use the radiotelephone....not my cell .....because im stubborn.....i have nt used that radio -telephone in at least 3 years sure....and i think its 4 ...why ???....because i  never liked that telephone....i was using my cell instead when it possible to call the waitress and let her know which trails was groomed...

so, a few weeks ago , when i installed the telephone inside the cab ....i had in mind , i need to do  a test ...to make sure i remember how to use it...like i said never liked that telephone....so , i forgot ...way too many button to use it ...etc...

so , last monday , i started dialing and diiiinnnnggg !!! had a memory blank...i tried at least for 2 hrs....and i was still hoping to see someone arriving ..

so, because trail was freshly groomed , i was nt interested to walk down to the shelter....about 2 miles +....too tough on the legs.....i waited til 4 30 am ...took my lunch ...headlamp and i brought a bit of fuel to light the firewood at the shelter...

landed there at 5 20 am ....tried to sleep ...no luck .....first sleds to arrive ...a group of 3 ....first guy never saw the shelter....second one  looked for a fraction  of a second...too late..

when the third one arrived...i screamed so loudly ...he turned his head...maybe i scared him a bit with the face i have....so , i had prepared a paper earlier in the morning ....gave it to him and told him to stop at the clubhouse...instead...he stopped at the esso gas station in town.....

so, help arrived at 11 am ...and landed home at 1 pm ...

grooming is like snowmobiling ...always an adventure !!!

once at home...i checked....it was -9c...and slightly windy 

😀😀

that gaspesian girl on the calendar ....she s right behind my snowmobile pants !!!

the guy who stopped to talk to  me was speaking english ....never saw his sticker....so ,maybe from nb ....ns or from  the other side of the fence....blue polaris

last night ....first run without my camera in many years....the lake ....local trail ste marguerite....st alexandre and lac saumon...... 8 hrs40 mins.....non-stop !!!

jean-guy

stuck.jpg

Edited by groomer

bonsior' JG, just a little tip..   if that ever happens to you again,where the turbo lets go and the engine runs wide open.. the way to shut it down is to take your coat and cover the breather or air intake to starve the engine of air..it will shut it self down with a lack of air...only way to shut it down...can be scary a little..otherwize...=@

2 hours ago, groomer said:

sorry for the long wait ...busy here in the gaspesie....no time for skidooooooing and ballerines !!!

A grande TBK to you!  And super glad you're OK!

Sorry none of us were passing by with a welcome wagon! 

Of course none of us are surprised that you take "adventure" in stride!...

939329798_MattersMost!.thumb.jpg.c34ffa5f909e580fe4af4969db734592.jpg

bonsoir smclelan and blackjack !!!

great thx....when bad luck like that happen....it make some people to realize that grooming its not seating in a tractor and looking at the scenery and ladies waving at me !!!😀

many thx for the advice.....i heard about that many years ago.....from a friend...when i was young i was doing that with my hand to shut off an old olympique 12 / 3

i was putting my hand on the rubber flange on the carburator !!!

happy ending for sure....great experience !!!

found a few pics where i was...right behind the drag ....on one pic , as far as you can see the trail ...i was a 1 / 4mile from there...you re looking east 

i forgot to mention.,....right after the beginning of the season ....i wanted to get rid of that radio -telephone and i wanted a fm radio...

mechanic for the club is a tree harvester operator....he knows people at both mills and many truckers....so , i could call any truckers...bulldozer operators and some guys from both mills...

one of the guy from one of the mill said NO.....meaning he does nt need to hear what happening on our private line !!!

i did nt want a fm radio to order pizza....only for my safety !!!!

jean-guy

DSC_2300.JPG

DSC_2303.JPG

DSC_2307.JPG

DSC_2305.JPG