Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

JG, sorry about your sports car! Hopefully they let you pick out a shiny new one with lots of extra ponies! Also.....you should have a package arriving at the clubhouse in a  couple of days, so be on the lookout for it. Hope things fit! Thanks for all the great trails and pics, hope to see you before the year ends.     Terry

1 hour ago, neksledr said:

JG, sorry about your sports car! Hopefully they let you pick out a shiny new one with lots of extra ponies! Also.....you should have a package arriving at the clubhouse in a  couple of days, so be on the lookout for it. Hope things fit! Thanks for all the great trails and pics, hope to see you before the year ends.     Terry

bonsoir terry !!!

yaaa...very sad....hope so ...they should have a meeting very ...very soon ....

many thx for the package...more than appreciated with this rough and tough season !!!

merci !!!

my last official grooming pic with my sport car  ,just before climbing first  long hill ,west st fidele cb ...within 10 mins before bad luck happen

and sunset , last saturday ...about 4 miles west of ste marguerite !!!

jean-guy

DSC_3424.JPG

DSC_9613.JPG

7 hours ago, PINKM1 said:

Jean Guy,

So sorry to hear about your "sports car" but like Terry said maybe the new one will be even better with lots of Ponies!

I will be headed up in a couple weeks hopefully we can get together at the club or meet you on the trails.

Scott

bonjour scott !!!

for sure next one will have more ponies...im already struggling with the one they have leased...no big smile since a long while !!!

and yes , ill be happy to meet you at the clubhouse.....

-25c at 7 am....blue sky day .......-19c right now !!!

few pics i just took a few mins ago !!!! testing new groomer !!!

merci !!!

jean-guy

DSC_3719.JPG

DSC_3721.JPG

DSC_3732.JPG

DSC_3736.JPG

DSC_3738.JPG

DSC_3739.JPG

DSC_3741.JPG

DSC_3745.JPG

DSC_3717.JPG

1 hour ago, GT Rider said:

Hi JG,

That should take care of the big drifts around the horn.

IMG_2697_zpsv4losgl7.jpg

IMG_2693_zpsn90d0hhq.jpg

bonsoir gt rider !!!

hahaha....great thinking ....and great memories !!!

back from taking a few pics....-18c !!!

pic with the field on the far right.....tq 5 ...albertville side !!!

merci !!!

bonjour to madame gt rider !!!

jean-guy

DSC_3784.JPG

DSC_3792.JPG

DSC_3773.JPG

7 hours ago, smclelan said:

Hopefully they don't replace your sports car with the one you have now!

good morning smclelan !!!

no ...it won t happen....reminds me my sur-trac days !!!  about the same of kind of hp !!!

memories came back to mind this morning .....you and andy , 10  years ago.......

-40 c at am this morning at 5 am !!!😀

jean-guy

DSC_3701.JPG

11 hours ago, zeusand said:

-40c a little chilly! Hope you get a machine that makes you happy! 🍸

good morning zeusand !!!

yaaa...if memeory still good...temps have nt been that low since i met smclelan and andyman....one morning at -48 c....not 100% sure...must be 09 -10 

yaaa...hope so ...not much trust in the one they have leased...

snowed a little...grey sky and windy !!!

jean-guy

DSC_5035.JPG

DSC_5068.JPG

13 hours ago, smclelan said:

Jean Guy that was the coldest day I have ever been sledding. We were on a 10 day trip, 7 of them had a day time high of -32° or colder!

good morning smclelan !!!

remember that day very clearly ....since last night im trying to find the pics....just don t know where i put them ...

snowed a little ..not much 

jean-guy

DSC09512.JPG

DSC09527.JPG

hi all !!!

better fasten your seat belt before reading this.....

i went grooming last night and i reached the end of the trail ...like we say here....im exhausted.....tired of swearing all the time...

my season started on the wrong foot ....and it has been  like that since the beginning .....

while grooming last night , check engine came on and wake up  call came in .....telling me that its was time to stop ...

so, im  officially retiring from grooming before bad luck with health ....not very good to swear like that all the time ....

i feel very bad for those who bought trail passes from our club ....those who paid me  beer and wine and let me money ...gifts ...etc........thats life and i can t do anything about that !!!!

i never expected to have a bad season like that ....

im just back from clubhouse to let fleurette know....she never expected that ...

29 years ago , when i started working for my boss ( summer job ) i told him and keep reminding him time to time......when bad luck stick to me.....can be for a long time.....

thats the resumé of my season.....

thank you all for your understanding ....its just a very sad day !!!

merci !!!

i chose that pic because its very peaceful .....thats what i need ...peace....tq 5 early morning !!!

jean-guy

DSC_5114.JPG

Jean-guy, Groomer operators are the unsung heroes of snowmobiling. I’ve always thought it can’t be a fun job, especially the all night grooming, cold, loneliness then equipment problems to deal with during difficult weather conditions. Ran equipment all my life and it is extremely frustrating dealing with tired machinery or trying to complete a job with equipment that is not up to the challenge.
Step back, take some time for yourself. There will be brighter sun rises and happier trails in your future.

I am so sorry they don’t take better care of you. No safety equipment for breakdowns. You work so hard to bring people to the Gaspesie!! They will be sorry they didn’t take better care of you my friend. Vacation time!!!

30308312-8388-4818-B685-05EAC397BD46.jpeg

948AB6A7-0790-43E8-A073-D619168FBD96.jpeg

7EB58A35-AF74-45AC-B8FD-DF2785D63209.jpeg

991A6B8C-2F68-4537-A966-55F68DF1D8DC.jpeg

4ECAF1B3-FF05-4865-A71E-6148632D9CC0.jpeg

D99B371A-0FA2-4111-8415-893272BF6907.jpeg

2F187ACD-AE95-473B-8F6D-165127E393DF.jpeg

3 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

Jean-guy, Groomer operators are the unsung heroes of snowmobiling. I’ve always thought it can’t be a fun job, especially the all night grooming, cold, loneliness then equipment problems to deal with during difficult weather conditions. Ran equipment all my life and it is extremely frustrating dealing with tired machinery or trying to complete a job with equipment that is not up to the challenge.
Step back, take some time for yourself. There will be brighter sun rises and happier trails in your future.

bonjour fuse !!!!

great thx for your way of thinking ....very nice comments !!!

merci !!!

jean-guy

DSC_3759.JPG

2 hours ago, lindasledgirl said:

I am so sorry they don’t take better care of you. No safety equipment for breakdowns. You work so hard to bring people to the Gaspesie!! They will be sorry they didn’t take better care of you my friend. Vacation time!!!

30308312-8388-4818-B685-05EAC397BD46.jpeg

948AB6A7-0790-43E8-A073-D619168FBD96.jpeg

7EB58A35-AF74-45AC-B8FD-DF2785D63209.jpeg

991A6B8C-2F68-4537-A966-55F68DF1D8DC.jpeg

4ECAF1B3-FF05-4865-A71E-6148632D9CC0.jpeg

D99B371A-0FA2-4111-8415-893272BF6907.jpeg

2F187ACD-AE95-473B-8F6D-165127E393DF.jpeg

bonjour linda !!!

a bit late now...

that poor groomer just changed everything....

thx for sharing pics.....bring back great memories !!!

jean-guy

DSC_8811.JPG

JG,

From a selfish side that I'd like to think I do not have this a sad day for all of us who you brought great smiles too daily. We can only hope the boss approaches you with an offer in hand, no promises, that you can not refuse & is satisfactory to your liking. However, I firmly believe you must take care of yourself first and no matter how good the offer is if it is affecting your well being then I support your decision to call it quits. 

I am often asked when I am going to pull the pin as I have been doing what I do best for a fairly long time, with great satisfaction not only for myself but for others. In return, I respond by repeating what was told to me for many years with persons who have more time then I, "I will know when the time has come". If it is no longer enjoyable you know it best when its time to call it quits. So this evening Ginny & I will raise a glass of rouge at dinner in your honor, thanking you for what you did for the sport, the recognition you brought to the Gaspesie region, wishing you good health in the days coming and hoping the boss comes to you with an offer in hand, and with a clear mind focusing on what is best for JG you give careful consideration to the offer. 

Thank you,

Ginny & Paddy O

1 hour ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

JG,

From a selfish side that I'd like to think I do not have this a sad day for all of us who you brought great smiles too daily. We can only hope the boss approaches you with an offer in hand, no promises, that you can not refuse & is satisfactory to your liking. However, I firmly believe you must take care of yourself first and no matter how good the offer is if it is affecting your well being then I support your decision to call it quits. 

I am often asked when I am going to pull the pin as I have been doing what I do best for a fairly long time, with great satisfaction not only for myself but for others. In return, I respond by repeating what was told to me for many years with persons who have more time then I, "I will know when the time has come". If it is no longer enjoyable you know it best when its time to call it quits. So this evening Ginny & I will raise a glass of rouge at dinner in your honor, thanking you for what you did for the sport, the recognition you brought to the Gaspesie region, wishing you good health in the days coming and hoping the boss comes to you with an offer in hand, and with a clear mind focusing on what is best for JG you give careful consideration to the offer. 

Thank you,

Ginny & Paddy O

bonsoir ginny and paddy o !!!

merci for the very nice  comment and your appreciation !!!

great  of both of you for raising a glass of rouge  for me!!!

jean-guy

DSC_0098.JPG