Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Sorry to hear that JG. Hopefully your club realizes what they are losing. Your a true ambassador to the sport and your region. Hopefully they will consider getting you that new groomer with the proper safety equipment to make your runs safe and tolerable. I know deep down you love what you do and will miss being out on the trail. Hopefully it works out for you whichever direction you choose.

best of luck!!! 

22 minutes ago, mcstar said:

Sorry to hear this JG, hope we can meet in the near future for a lasagna meal! Good luck!

bonsoir mcstar !!!

not funny today , i guess i surprised few ...

bonsoir to your wife !!!

mercii.....and yes....should be no problem to meet again !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1405.JPG

JG, so sorry to hear the news. You've worked so hard for so long and have spread happiness for so long with your work and pictures.  But you have to take care of yourself. You will always be our friend.

Jeff and Sandy

20190220_200005.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Sorry to hear that JG. Hopefully your club realizes what they are losing. Your a true ambassador to the sport and your region. Hopefully they will consider getting you that new groomer with the proper safety equipment to make your runs safe and tolerable. I know deep down you love what you do and will miss being out on the trail. Hopefully it works out for you whichever direction you choose.

best of luck!!! 

bonsoir jackstraw !!!

thx....i  feel bad for them ....but i guess i endured way too much this season....

i brought  some stuff at the garage of the club this morning ......and i stopped at the clubhouse to announce the news to the waitress....

and yes...without swelling my head up.....soon , they ll realize how much i did and helped them !!!...grooming...chainsaw and thinning saw work ...it ll hurt for sure !!!

btw......i was looking at old pics this morning or last night .....saw one of you with your mach z.....must be 07 

jean-guy

DSC_3264.JPG

10 minutes ago, Northbound said:

JG, so sorry to hear the news. You've worked so hard for so long and have spread happiness for so long with your work and pictures.  But you have to take care of yourself. You will always be our friend.

Jeff and Sandy

20190220_200005.jpg

bonsoir sandy and jeff !!!!

many thx for the nice words !!!

last night , i stopped at the logging rd to make a phone call .....and i the same time ,i was calculating mentally ,how many hrs left grooming before coming back home...

not before 5 am....with that poor groomer....so , i turned around at the corner of ste marguerite......ste florence and causapscal...and went back home...

i was so tired...slept for about 3 hrs last night...

merci !!!

nice pic btw....few years ago....

jean-guy

DSC_0059.JPG

17 minutes ago, groomer said:

bonsoir jackstraw !!!

thx....i  feel bad for them ....but i guess i endured way too much this season....

i brought  some stuff at the garage of the club this morning ......and i stopped at the clubhouse to announce the news to the waitress....

and yes...without swelling my head up.....soon , they ll realize how much i did and helped them !!!...grooming...chainsaw and thinning saw work ...it ll hurt for sure !!!

btw......i was looking at old pics this morning or last night .....saw one of you with your mach z.....must be 07 

jean-guy

DSC_3264.JPG

Yep

07’ Mach z

the short block came from your brothers dealership in Amqui on a bus overnight to chandler when I blew the motor on the 597 on our way to Murdochville. A 24 hour motor swap and on our way, under warranty!

16 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Yep

07’ Mach z

the short block came from your brothers dealership in Amqui on a bus overnight to chandler when I blew the motor on the 597 on our way to Murdochville. A 24 hour motor swap and on our way, under warranty!

yaaaa....remember very well that story !!!!

jean-guy

DSC_8679.JPG

Thank you Jean-Guy.  You have brought a smile to all of us over the years.  We will miss you and your pictures tremendously.  

Whatever your plans are for the future, you will always be able to look back, smile and be proud knowing that you made many snowmobilers happy and Gaspe' a great place to ride.  Thank you for your countless hours of dedication to the sport.  It has been appreciated.

Jack & Sandi

3 hours ago, revct1 said:

Thank you Jean-Guy.  You have brought a smile to all of us over the years.  We will miss you and your pictures tremendously.  

Whatever your plans are for the future, you will always be able to look back, smile and be proud knowing that you made many snowmobilers happy and Gaspe' a great place to ride.  Thank you for your countless hours of dedication to the sport.  It has been appreciated.

Jack & Sandi

bonjour jack and sandi !!!

merci !!! i just can t remember where i posted.....but coming from a small town  like mine...only 1 traffic light......im very proud of what i did...

ill keep posting info ...but for sure it wont be the same ...not being on the trails...

cold again this morning ......-36c  at the lowest  and blue sky !!!

thank you 

jean-guy

DSC_8694.JPG

Wow, sad news! They should have bought you a better groomer and you might have done it a few more years... everyone will miss your pictures and stories! You truly put a lot of pride into your work and it's hard to find people like that, so they will definitely feel it for sure.

I've read all your posts almost every day since you started posting, always saving them for last so I could look at your pictures the longest! LOL 

Sometimes things happen for a reason and maybe it's for the better.  I wish you a lot of luck in whatever comes your way.

Stan 👍🍸🍻😊

Sorry to hear this news JG. I completely understand how you feel. Only you can decide what is best for you. Surely not worth the stress and other issues that could come along with that. I understand not all clubs can afford new equipment, but very hard to do a great job with junk machinery. Not fun, 

you will always be the #1 groomer in my book. In the machine or not. Thanks for all the years and long hours of hard lonely work. 

Remember, “you don’t know what you had till you lose it” 

your club is surely going to find that out very quickly. 

I hope they can work something out for you next year and maybe just maybe you will have a shiny new machine “tout equiper”  

in the meantime enjoy your rest you deserve it. 

13 minutes ago, PINKM1 said:

I wonder how many members of "our" club joined simply because of you, Jean-Guy?

I know that I did and I bet I'm not the only one.

Best of luck. You will be sorely missed.

Scott

Me too. I split multiple memberships between Bill & JG's clubs annually. 

2 hours ago, zeusand said:

Wow, sad news! They should have bought you a better groomer and you might have done it a few more years... everyone will miss your pictures and stories! You truly put a lot of pride into your work and it's hard to find people like that, so they will definitely feel it for sure.

I've read all your posts almost every day since you started posting, always saving them for last so I could look at your pictures the longest! LOL 

Sometimes things happen for a reason and maybe it's for the better.  I wish you a lot of luck in whatever comes your way.

Stan 👍🍸🍻😊

bonsoir stan !!!

yaaa...too late now....i ve been patient since the  beginning of the season....and with that rental ...all kinds of problems almost every runs...

i was supposed to have a new one this season, looks like its going to be for the next one !!!

i ll come back posting , but it ll be completely different !!!

........I could look at your pictures the longest! LOL ........funny ....ahaha

merci !!!

jean-guy

DSC_3229.JPG

2 hours ago, iceman said:

Sorry to hear this news JG. I completely understand how you feel. Only you can decide what is best for you. Surely not worth the stress and other issues that could come along with that. I understand not all clubs can afford new equipment, but very hard to do a great job with junk machinery. Not fun, 

you will always be the #1 groomer in my book. In the machine or not. Thanks for all the years and long hours of hard lonely work. 

Remember, “you don’t know what you had till you lose it” 

your club is surely going to find that out very quickly. 

I hope they can work something out for you next year and maybe just maybe you will have a shiny new machine “tout equiper”  

in the meantime enjoy your rest you deserve it. 

bonsoir don !!!

great comment...thx for the nice words... ...merci !!!

i went to albertville this morning ....and met the secretary at the  post office... ...it has been tough for her...she brought my pay check... we talked a bit and she was not smiling at all .....she realized how much work i did for the club in the last 20 years...

bonsoir to  caro !!!

merci !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1164.JPG

1 hour ago, PINKM1 said:

I wonder how many members of "our" club joined simply because of you, Jean-Guy?

I know that I did and I bet I'm not the only one.

Best of luck. You will be sorely missed.

Scott

bonsoir scott !!!

i don t know how many .....but with all your support since  many years....it has been great help for the club...

many thx to all !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0024.JPG

bonsoir neksldr !!!

ex-secretary of the club work at the post office in albertville......she e mailed me to let me know that your package landed at post office !!!

so happy sir !!! you put a great smile in face today !!!

i ll wear it with proudness...but i was shy to pick it up because i quit grooming ...

awesome gift for my retirement !!!

merci beaucoup !!!

jean-guy

10 12 13 117.jpg

3 hours ago, neksledr said:

JG, please wear proudly and post a pic for all of us to see! Have really enjoyed all of your posts and pics over the years, thank you!     Terry

good morning terry !!!

sure i will , ...and i won t forget to tell people that it is a gift from a person who appreciated my pics....

i never expected to end up my career as an operator like that.....things can happen very fast !!!

merci !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0102.JPG

2 hours ago, Blueblood said:

Jg you will be missed for sure best wishes in whatever you do next.

good morning blueblood !!!

for sure.....here in town .....my friends at the lake.....i was grooming an extra 1000 ' to give them a chance to save big drifts.....

now , they ll start to get stuck again and do some shoveling !!!...not a funny place for them ..

thank you !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1159.JPG

Jean Guy - Do what's best for you!  Many many thanks from all of us in Syracuse, NY for all you've done!  You made our first trip to the Gaspe many years ago turn into about 4 more!  You answered all our questions without fail even though I'm sure you get the same ones every day!

Keep the pictures coming!  Its one of the first things I check when I fire up the computer!

1 hour ago, sleddhead1 said:

Jean Guy,

so sorry to hear this. Good luck in your next adventure, as said in many posts...you will be missed

bonsoir sleddhead !!!

there s a time you must take a decision ....i suffered enough in the last few weeks and got worse with that poor groomer...

when you sit in the cab for 10-12 hrs...it make the runs a lot longer....i don t think im wrong .....i think i stopped only twice to have my lunch this season...few mins break..

i was having my lunch while grooming ......interest was gone.... i was leaving gas station where groomer is parked and already in a hurry to come back...make runs very long !!!

thx for your appreciation !!!

jean-guy

DSC_5606.JPG