Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Thank you JG!

#1) For taking excellent care of your health!  There's nothing without that.

#2) For taking excellent care of your beneficiaries, those who've had the pleasure of your personal company (with or without bacon pizza), and the many many more who've had the pleasure of your artistry (either thru the camera lens or via riding thru)!

1 hour ago, Sled Dog said:

Jean Guy - Do what's best for you!  Many many thanks from all of us in Syracuse, NY for all you've done!  You made our first trip to the Gaspe many years ago turn into about 4 more!  You answered all our questions without fail even though I'm sure you get the same ones every day!

Keep the pictures coming!  Its one of the first things I check when I fire up the computer!

bonsoir sled dog !!!

glad i helped with my info and pics.....a good pic talk by itself !!!

i wish the new operator good luck....he s going to need a lot ...very strong winds tonight and snow flying everywhere...

his first run on tq 5 will be tough and a long one.....minimum 12 hrs....with no experience !!!

no problem for the pics...maybe posting less ...but ill post 

thx for the  appreciation !!!

jean-guy

DSC_3984.JPG

4 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

Thank you JG!

#1) For taking excellent care of your health!  There's nothing without that.

#2) For taking excellent care of your beneficiaries, those who've had the pleasure of your personal company (with or without bacon pizza), and the many many more who've had the pleasure of your artistry (either thru the camera lens or via riding thru)!

bonsoir playhard  !!!

merci .....it has been a pleasure to help everyone...back in 05 ....i was lurking on hcs....and then in december 06 ...asked my brother to register me...computer stuff come from another planet for me !!!!

can t afford to travel ...but meeting friends at the clubhouse...restaurant...etc...made me travel between the 2 ears...

posting pics is my way to pay for all the gifts ...beer and wine i received over the years !!!

merci pour ton appreciation !!!

jean-guy

DSC_9680.JPG

2 hours ago, Mid Range said:

Bonne retraite Groomer. Pleinement mérité👍. Vous travaillez dans l'ombre et avez pas toujours le crédit qui vous revient. Excuse me for posting in french.

bonjour mid range !!!

merci ....toute bonne chose a une fin !!!

drette ca....pas tjrs le credit qui nous revient !!!

-20c a matin .......un peu de soleil ....encore venteux....surement belles lames sur les trails !!!

jean-guy

DSC_5283.JPG

JG,

We are sorry to see that your sports car went Kaput. Last year you came to our rescue in it. Its not your bad luck its ours.

I think we almost lost you at the end of the last machine. It was giving you a lot of trouble.

When you have to make long runs like yours a high quality machine should be a priority. I hope they recognize that now!

We want to thank you for all the years of hard work making the white carpet we enjoyed. The club will surely miss having a man with your great skill.

Thanks for being a great ambassador!

IMG_2690.JPG

IMG_2698.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

Jean Guy...I have been enjoying Quebec snowmobiling since 1988, when the trail system was only starting to become what it is today. Over the years there were a small handful of guys around Quebec who had a vision of what the sport could be, Bob Boulton at Motel Lefloruron in St. Donat, Mike a Le Mallard at the entry to Mount Tremblant, Dennis at Le Cabanon, Bernard at Motel Safari. All these guys, and many more mom and pops out in the bush put there heart and soul into this sport, got up early mornings and worked late into the night for all us riders. They did all the hard work for us and provided it with a warm, caring attitude and almost always went above and beyond, many have come in the years to follow and still do today.We all remember the ones who really stood out and shined above and beyond all the time, making our trips most memorable. I hope you know that we all know you are one of those bright stars, grooming to a perfection, some of the best kept trails anywhere..then there is your real skill...posting here , from your heart, with the finest pictures of what Quebec is and has to offer. You are a very big part of this game for all of us..on the trail and here on Quebec Rider. You are leaving behind a job that will never be done with the care and enthusiasm that you brought every day, very big shoes to fill.Nothing lasts forever..go chase your dreams, Best wishes and Many Thanks, Bob. 

4 hours ago, GT Rider said:

JG,

We are sorry to see that your sports car went Kaput. Last year you came to our rescue in it. Its not your bad luck its ours.

I think we almost lost you at the end of the last machine. It was giving you a lot of trouble.

When you have to make long runs like yours a high quality machine should be a priority. I hope they recognize that now!

We want to thank you for all the years of hard work making the white carpet we enjoyed. The club will surely miss having a man with your great skill.

Thanks for being a great ambassador!

IMG_2690.JPG

IMG_2698.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

bonjour jim and gemma !!!

yaaa...just too bad for my sport car ....i think the club '' extended the sauce '' a bit too much !!!

normally a new machine every 10 years....

great thx for the nice words.....it has been a great pleasure for me to meet friends from both side of the fence !!!

just too bad i was way to shy in the first few years...ahaahaha

merci beaucoup !!!

2 pics from tq 5 the day we met !!!...and thx for sharing yours !!!

jean-guy

DSC_5465.JPG

DSC_5341.JPG

2 hours ago, mikerider said:

Groomer,         I don't reply very often to your posts, but I do look at and enjoy every day the pictures you post. The best to you in your next endeavor. 

mike

bonjour mike !!!

great thx....only a guess....since i started grooming , 20 years ago...must be around 100 000 pics...or very close....did nt keep them all ....but i still have tons !!!

in 20 years...don t think im wrong ....got stuck 5x...maybe 4 

never calculated....somewhere around 7 000 hrs or so ....

merci !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1055.JPG

2 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Jean Guy...I have been enjoying Quebec snowmobiling since 1988, when the trail system was only starting to become what it is today. Over the years there were a small handful of guys around Quebec who had a vision of what the sport could be, Bob Boulton at Motel Lefloruron in St. Donat, Mike a Le Mallard at the entry to Mount Tremblant, Dennis at Le Cabanon, Bernard at Motel Safari. All these guys, and many more mom and pops out in the bush put there heart and soul into this sport, got up early mornings and worked late into the night for all us riders. They did all the hard work for us and provided it with a warm, caring attitude and almost always went above and beyond, many have come in the years to follow and still do today.We all remember the ones who really stood out and shined above and beyond all the time, making our trips most memorable. I hope you know that we all know you are one of those bright stars, grooming to a perfection, some of the best kept trails anywhere..then there is your real skill...posting here , from your heart, with the finest pictures of what Quebec is and has to offer. You are a very big part of this game for all of us..on the trail and here on Quebec Rider. You are leaving behind a job that will never be done with the care and enthusiasm that you brought every day, very big shoes to fill.Nothing lasts forever..go chase your dreams, Best wishes and Many Thanks, Bob. 

bonjour bob !!!

wooWWW...many thx....never thought i was that high in the ladder if i can say that ...without swelling my head....next operator will find out that it s a lot of sacrifices to go grooming .....

you don t see much your friends in town...only at the grocery or gas station ...

most of my time ,its for grooming .....go here...go there... time for  maintenance...time to talk with the waitress at the clubhouse....visit friends ...downloading pics...looking at pics.....post here and there....replies ..etc..

thats a lots of hrs i put into grooming every weeks....

no regrets at all ...like i said in another post ......visiting...posting pics...replying ...you all made travel between my 2 ears !!!

merci beaucoup !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0026.JPG

JG, so sorry to hear the news. You've worked so hard for so long and have spread happiness for so long with your work and pictures.  But you have to take care of yourself. You will always be our friend.

Jeff and Sandy

JG.......wanted to tell you that we agree 100% with Quebec Bob's well written note. He summed it up very well.

Your friends Jeff and Sandy

2 hours ago, Northbound said:

JG, so sorry to hear the news. You've worked so hard for so long and have spread happiness for so long with your work and pictures.  But you have to take care of yourself. You will always be our friend.

Jeff and Sandy

JG.......wanted to tell you that we agree 100% with Quebec Bob's well written note. He summed it up very well.

Your friends Jeff and Sandy

bonjour jeff and sandy !!!

yaaa...so many hrs ...and to end up my career as an operator like that ....yaaa...sad for sure !!!

i ll never forget first time i met both of you ...just a few miles west of ste marguerite !!!

another cold morning today ....-38c at 6 am....sunny ...-27 c right now

many thx for all the meals at the restaurant ...and take care of yourself too !!!

jean-guy

DSC_9130.JPG

Well....what can be said, It is sad yet understandable, You deserve the best my friend....whatever that is for you.

Like so many others that look at and enjoy your pictures...I dont reply here either...but know both the pictures and your hard work and dedication is greatly appreciated by many. You are a true grooming legend and we all wish the very best for you. 

1 hour ago, EastMark said:

Well....what can be said, It is sad yet understandable, You deserve the best my friend....whatever that is for you.

Like so many others that look at and enjoy your pictures...I dont reply here either...but know both the pictures and your hard work and dedication is greatly appreciated by many. You are a true grooming legend and we all wish the very best for you. 

bonsoir eastmark !!!

i have no regrets leaving the club by my action last monday ...if this can shake or wake them up ....good !!!....its not funny because i know some of them since the last 40 years...

i feel bad a bit ...because , late afternoon ,went up to the farm... ( local trails ) and there was no grooming yet ...looks like they are already struggling 

great thx sir for the nice words !!!

pics from the late this afternoon.....'' tour de ville '' !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0562.JPG

DSC_3895.JPG

DSC_3897.JPG

DSC_3919.JPG

DSC_3929.JPG

DSC_3940.JPG

DSC_3971.JPG

DSC_4020.JPG

DSC_4046.JPG

DSC_4063.JPG

2 hours ago, artsled said:

Wow!! Heat wave!!!!🔥🔥☀️☀️☀️

good morning artsled !!!

yaaa......better this morning .....-6c .......grey sky with a bit of sunshine....lots of humidity !!!

another great day of riding !!!

jean-guy

DSC_3975.JPG

28 minutes ago, Northbound said:

Had dinner last night with everyones favorite groomer. As always, we enjoyed our visit with you, JG. 

Jeff and Sandy 

Sorry.....I can't seem to upload pic

bonsoir jeff and sandy !!!

always great to have a conversation with both of you ....talking grooming and snowmobiling !!!

....and another great day for riding !!!

jean-guy

DSC_4105.JPG

DSC_4120.JPG

DSC_4102.JPG

Did you call? On my way! Spaghetti Sauce, Vin Rouge and a snowmobile suit. Prepare! It’s going to be fun. Arriving tomorrow to you! Staying at selecthotel. 

519-381-7002 who’s joining us. John Miller ...camp. Eddie Skidoo? jack Steve Andy Mario who’s on route to Groomer town?

4A8C0097-352F-4A9D-8191-C570944F4090.jpeg