Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

“Groomer”...Jean-Guy,                                                 
I am sad and glad , sad you won’t be behind the groomer wheel and glad you knew when to say enough!  You sir are a true ambassador to our sport! A rare find anymore to have a work ethic like yours and a helpful heart to do your best so others may enjoy. I wish you all the best and hope you will continue to bless us with your reports and pictures if you wish. Thank you for all your hard work 👍👍👍

10 hours ago, Pipeman said:

“Groomer”...Jean-Guy,                                                 
I am sad and glad , sad you won’t be behind the groomer wheel and glad you knew when to say enough!  You sir are a true ambassador to our sport! A rare find anymore to have a work ethic like yours and a helpful heart to do your best so others may enjoy. I wish you all the best and hope you will continue to bless us with your reports and pictures if you wish. Thank you for all your hard work 👍👍👍

good morning pipeman !!!

many thx for the nice words....like you said....sad and glad.........glad i said its enough ....last runs have been tough...when you re gone for 10-12 hrs...and you re in a hurry to come back home.....i was '' full '' like we say here in quebec !!!

i think i stopped twice to have my lunch.......i was lunching  while grooming ...

last week , i was thinking ....how many times i could have opened the door of the groomer to take pics....ahahha.....

few old pics from 2014 ......

merci !!!

jean-guy

10 03 14 076.jpg

17 02 14 180.jpg

17 03 14 064.jpg

17 03 14 193.jpg

17 03 14 198.jpg

19 03 14 194.jpg

19 03 14 198.jpg

05 03 14 068.jpg

2 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Not surprising that artistes hang out together! 

bonjour playhard !!!

yaa...we don t see too often ...but great people

both works on the rivers for salmon fishing and duniere reserve for moose hunting !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0033.JPG

seldom you see a traffic jam in ste marguerite !!!

those who remember tq 5 ....20 years ago....

trail was passing in front of the house....

took my first grooming pics right there , 200 ' on the left side !!!

jean-guy

mel 5.jpg

mel 6.jpg

bonjour !!!

went toward st leon .....ski hill.....sayabec ....pente abrupte....and back to select hotel 

awesome weather ...a bit warm !!!

met great friends from qr  the 2 nights i was there !!!

world is small !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0830.JPG

DSC_0835.JPG

DSC_0871.JPG

DSC_0881.JPG

DSC_0895.JPG

DSC_4396.JPG

DSC_4406.JPG

DSC_4420.JPG

DSC_4440.JPG

DSC_4461.JPG

DSC_4465.JPG

DSC_4448.JPG

DSC_4522.JPG

26 minutes ago, groomer said:

bonjour !!!

went toward st leon .....ski hill.....sayabec ....pente abrupte....and back to select hotel 

awesome weather ...a bit warm !!!

met great friends from qr  the 2 nights i was there !!!

world is small !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0830.JPG

Since you have now become a rider...how is the new guy doing grooming your old territory?

Did you let him in on any tricks of the trade?

9 minutes ago, NSHM said:

bonjour nshm !!!

to be honest ....they are having hard times i guess.....there s 3 guys to do my job now....

i rode a bit of the local trails last monday .....its not like the way it was before...without swelling my head up....

guys from nova scotia noticed the difference and some guys from cross point too.......they asked the waitress what happened to the trails...sad...but c est la vie !!!

they ll have to give more '' love '' to their grooming ....

on the funny side...i learned that guy went for a 6 hrs run...he told someone that it has been a loooong day....6 hrs run ....you re in vacation ...

im in a hurry .....must go to dealership !!!

jean-guy

DSC_4381.JPG

DSC_4364.JPG

1 hour ago, groomer said:

bonjour nshm !!!

to be honest ....they are having hard times i guess.....there s 3 guys to do my job now....

i rode a bit of the local trails last monday .....its not like the way it was before...without swelling my head up....

guys from nova scotia noticed the difference and some guys from cross point too.......they asked the waitress what happened to the trails...sad...but c est la vie !!!

they ll have to give more '' love '' to their grooming ....

on the funny side...i learned that guy went for a 6 hrs run...he told someone that it has been a loooong day....6 hrs run ....you re in vacation ...

im in a hurry .....must go to dealership !!!

jean-guy

Let your head swell...it is what it is.The more guys running a piece of equipment,the more chance for problems.

Enjoy the rest of the winter!

8 hours ago, NSHM said:

bonsoir !!!

right ...too many operators....

work better when alone....

finally ....not much rain.....just a bit .....won t affect trails that much ...only warm temps.....-1c right now.....still snowing  lightly ...

jean-guy

DSC_0040.JPG

bonjour gt rider and zeusand !!!

sorry for the long wait .....having problem coming on qr since last night ...

maybe they are doing some maintenance...new spark plugs , new air , oil and fuel filters and a bit of grease...

thx...

birds at the camp ....we were expecting to see grey jay .....but those mini ones came to visit instead...

very well  said zeusand ...

took pics before noon ....windy ....-2c....a bit more sunshine now !!!

jean-guy

DSC_4528.JPG

DSC_4530.JPG

DSC_4537.JPG

DSC_4540.JPG

DSC_4551.JPG

DSC_4560.JPG

10 hours ago, iceman said:

That’s it. 

good morning iceman !!!

i was at the gas station yesterday morning ....and guys there told me they are up to 4 guys to do my job now !!!

had lunch in albertville.....with linda + friends...

world is small .....2 ex gaspesian from bonaventure....now living in the toronto area since the last 40 years...and using same ski doo dealer than linda....

and after 40 years in ontario ....they remember how to say tbk !!!!😀

jean-guy

DSC_0928.JPG

DSC_4568.JPG

DSC_4596.JPG

you do something well for 2 or 3 decades, it all becomes common sense to you and you make it look real easy, so those watching you also think it is easy, sometimes they begin to under value your skill, then one day you quit or retire...and shit hits the fan and the whole production is in limbo...nothing is like it was and the product is terrible... maybe they come back with a great offer...to find out that ship has already sailed...Zuesand said it well...sometimes you do not know what you have, until you don't have it anymore!!

1 hour ago, quebec bob said:

you do something well for 2 or 3 decades, it all becomes common sense to you and you make it look real easy, so those watching you also think it is easy, sometimes they begin to under value your skill, then one day you quit or retire...and shit hits the fan and the whole production is in limbo...nothing is like it was and the product is terrible... maybe they come back with a great offer...to find out that ship has already sailed...Zuesand said it well...sometimes you do not know what you have, until you don't have it anymore!!

Exactly!  Very well stated Bob. 

15 hours ago, quebec bob said:

bonjour quebec bob !!!

wooWWW...well said and very true..i wish i could have skills like you to write post like that  ......look so  easy !!!!😀

few pics from our ride from amqui ...to ste irene...to moose valley .......195 miles at all.first big ride in years !!!

i noticed on z e c du bas st laurent ....there s a sign ....'' pont du 23 milles ''....20 km ......my dad was working there as a salmon guide...he spent his last 8-10 years there guiding salmon anglers

in the 60's...70's and 80's....he was a bit lower ...at the 20 miles....i used to go there when i was 8-10 y / o...nice camp there....all kaputt  now...destroyed by ...a-holes...

jean-guy

DSC_0932.JPG

DSC_0936.JPG

DSC_0945.JPG

DSC_0941.JPG

DSC_0947.JPG

DSC_0957.JPG

DSC_0987.JPG

DSC_0992.JPG

DSC_0993.JPG

DSC_0995.JPG

DSC_1006.JPG