Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

2 hours ago, groomer said:

bonjour quebec bob !!!

wooWWW...well said and very true..i wish i could have skills like you to write post like that  ......look so  easy !!!!😀

few pics from our ride from amqui ...to ste irene...to moose valley .......195 miles at all.first big ride in years !!!

i noticed on z e c du bas st laurent ....there s a sign ....'' pont du 23 milles ''....20 km ......my dad was working there as a salmon guide...he spent his last 8-10 years there guiding salmon anglers

in the 60's...70's and 80's....he was a bit lower ...at the 20 miles....i used to go there when i was 8-10 y / o...nice camp there....all kaputt  now...destroyed by ...a-holes...

jean-guy

DSC_0932.JPG

DSC_0936.JPG

DSC_0945.JPG

DSC_0941.JPG

DSC_0947.JPG

DSC_0957.JPG

DSC_0987.JPG

DSC_0992.JPG

DSC_0993.JPG

DSC_0995.JPG

DSC_1006.JPG

DSC_1042.JPG

DSC_1046.JPG

DSC_1082.JPG

DSC_1104.JPG

DSC_4685.JPG

DSC_4697.JPG

DSC_4721.JPG

DSC_4737.JPG

DSC_4617.JPG

I really like that inside gas pump...and I see that the only thing that has changed for our old groomer is that he now has more time to adjust his camera...these are amazing pictures, I am glad to see you are enjoying yourself with friends riding the trail. Bob.

good morning jackstraw and quebec bob !!!

police....hahhaha...we stopped about 30'' , time to check if everyone was following and 2-3 pics !!!...then go...aahhah

yaaa...funny the gas pump....

i wish we could have stopped more often for pics....great area for that ....but too many riders......don t want to break the '' mood ''....by stopping too often 

somewhere on z e c du bas st laurent ....i was leading and a coyote 150' in front of me....he was already in 5 th gear ....ran for a few hundred feet and jumper of the trail..

yesterday rode mostly off the trail ....went to my camp ...very windy ....but lots of fun !!!

my ontario friends leaving this morning for the north side of gaspesie !!!

grey sky .....-11c 

jean-guy

DSC_1114.JPG

DSC_1132.JPG

DSC_1136.JPG

DSC_1145.JPG

DSC_1155.JPG

DSC_1160.JPG

DSC_1168.JPG

DSC_1181.JPG

DSC_1186.JPG

DSC_1189.JPG

DSC_1216.JPG

DSC_1219.JPG

Just now, groomer said:

good morning jackstraw and quebec bob !!!

police....hahhaha...we stopped about 30'' , time to check if everyone was following and 2-3 pics !!!...then go...aahhah

yaaa...funny the gas pump....

i wish we could have stopped more often for pics....great area for that ....but too many riders......don t want to break the '' mood ''....by stopping too often 

somewhere on z e c du bas st laurent ....i was leading and a coyote 150' in front of me....he was already in 5 th gear ....ran for a few hundred feet and jumper of the trail..

yesterday rode mostly off the trail ....went to my camp ...very windy ....but lots of fun !!!

my ontario friends leaving this morning for the north side of gaspesie !!!

grey sky .....-11c 

jean-guy

DSC_1114.JPG

DSC_1132.JPG

DSC_1136.JPG

DSC_1145.JPG

DSC_1155.JPG

DSC_1160.JPG

DSC_1168.JPG

DSC_1181.JPG

DSC_1186.JPG

DSC_1189.JPG

DSC_1216.JPG

DSC_1219.JPG

JG, do the sleds come with the camp??

3 hours ago, quebec bob said:

JG, do the sleds come with the camp??

sadly no.....only  the antlers on the walls...

pics of mt blanc on park matane.....and mt logan in the gaspesie park....the other one could be the back side of mt nicol-albert ...did nt check !!!

back from amqui ...friends left around 10 am ...for a 4 days ride in the gaspesie !!!

sunshine and -9c !!!

jean-guy

DSC_4754.JPG

DSC_4756.JPG

DSC_4763.JPG

On 3/8/2020 at 8:22 AM, groomer said:

in the 60's...70's and 80's....he was a bit lower ...at the 20 miles....i used to go there when i was 8-10 y / o...nice camp there....all kaputt  now...destroyed by ...a-holes...

jean-guy

Still taking nice pics without the groomer!

A-holes are everywhere....seems like every time you turn around there's one.

Edited by NSHM

4 hours ago, NSHM said:

bonjour nshm !!!

merci !!!

absolutely right with a-holes !!!

another great day ...nice weather !!!

few deer pics....at the bridge  behind the gas station where i was parking the groomer !!!

jean-guy

DSC_4804.JPG

DSC_4810.JPG

DSC_4817.JPG

DSC_4820.JPG

1 hour ago, MrGutz said:

DSC_1181.JPG

Linda just sold me your Cabin!!!

The Closing is this Friday.

I got a good deal. But you can use it anytime. 

LOL

GutZ

omg !!!

bonsoir gutz !!!

maybe thats why she gave me some rouge !!!

hope you ll let me time to pick up my stuff !!!

here ,its the great white north .....we re riding sleds at this time of the year .....not lawn mowers !!!!...aahah

so , calm down ....no stress....i expect to pick up my stuff between mid may and the beginning of june !!!

enjoy your weed eater til then !!!😀

jean-guy

DSC_4657.JPG

DSC_4661.JPG

Whats the name of that auberge in the 2nd to last photo. Looks like the place we ate at after getting caught in a downpour years ago. They where awesome there and put all our gear in the dryers while we ate lunch.  Downside we ate in our underwear, luckily only ones there!

14 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Whats the name of that auberge in the 2nd to last photo. Looks like the place we ate at after getting caught in a downpour years ago. They where awesome there and put all our gear in the dryers while we ate lunch.  Downside we ate in our underwear, luckily only ones there!

bonsoir jackstraw !!!

hahaha........auberge la coulée douce .....julie , the owner since a few years....i see her time to time...mostly at the grocery ...great person to talk with 

i offered her a night pic of the auberge a few years ago ...

not this one im posting ...

snowing like crazy ...a lot worse since i posted ...

jean-guy

DSC_0639.JPG

Edited by groomer

7 hours ago, Northbound said:

JG, those deer behind the gas station act as if they waiting for their friend to come and photograph them again🙂20200307_160053.thumb.jpg.2bea73074fd129f6286174cd5409d610.jpg

they miss you

bonsoir northbound !!!

just too bad ...link ain t working ....probably the same ones i took pics of  last sunday ...

went shoveling roof of my camp with friends...rock'n roll weather....lots of fun riding off the trail !!!

strong winds....started snowing again around 10 30 am...close to a foot yesterday .....snowing like crazy at supper time....even thunder

groomer operators in the gaspesie are going to be very busy !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1326.JPG

DSC_1337.JPG

DSC_1350.JPG

DSC_1370.JPG

DSC_1400.JPG

DSC_1408.JPG

DSC_1439.JPG

DSC_1441.JPG

DSC_1496.JPG

DSC_1507.JPG

DSC_1537.JPG

DSC_1540.JPG

15 hours ago, zeusand said:

Linda, how could you do that to jean-guy? You got him drunk and made him sign the papers?

Gutz, how much to rent the cabin next year for a week? Any availability the first week of March?Assuming jean-guy isn't using it then...

bonjour !!!

hahahah...funny ....something i don t drink too often !!!

i guess she s probably too busy to reply ....

back from a ride in the back roads....snow banks are a lot higher !!!

jean-guy

DSC_4880.JPG

DSC_4888.JPG

DSC_4897.JPG

DSC_4870.JPG

DSC_4868.JPG

DSC_4845.JPG

DSC_4843.JPG

DSC_4857.JPG

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

Looks like the Tigercat is done for the season LOL

bonjour smclelan...

hahhaa...maybe not ...i guess the tigercat is there....because many owners at this time of season start to work on private wood lots....pic taken mid way between town and falls !!!

no more trucking in the albertville area....trail 587 ....

grey sky here..windy a bit ....-6c   !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1433.JPG

DSC_1391.JPG

DSC_1489.JPG

DSC_1431.JPG

DSC_1473.JPG

DSC_1334.JPG

DSC_1330.JPG

DSC_1448.JPG

DSC_1414.JPG

DSC_1416.JPG

21 hours ago, zeusand said:

Linda, how could you do that to jean-guy? You got him drunk and made him sign the papers?

Gutz, how much to rent the cabin next year for a week? Any availability the first week of March?Assuming jean-guy isn't using it then...

Hi Zeusand! 

Had an awesome time at camp! It’s funny how we work hard to have more but then age and discover what we truly want is less. 

As one of the few that’s has had the opportunity to visit and stay at Auberge Halle, I can say with all my heart it’s one of my favourite places to unwind. No tv, technology or phone line. Wood heat and water from the brook. 

I think there are a few people that will understand what it is I speak of. 

Jean-Guy and I would love to figure out how to employ him as the Guide And Photographer of the Gaspesie.... thinking....

Lindasledgirl

C190824B-5D03-454F-9791-4D160B1F52A7.jpeg

Glad to hear that you spent time with jean-guy , and that you had the time to unwind and get away from stress of life. If JG could find an opportunity like that it would be his calling... for sure as he really enjoys it and is good at it! Glad to see you posting , it's been a while!

1 hour ago, neksledr said:

Nice hat JG!

bonsoir neksledr !!!

sure !!! of course !!!

more than happy !!! fit very well !!!

thx again !!!

pics from mid march 2019...

ps.....i learned this morning ....they '' sank '' the groomer on tq 5 !!!....big clearcut before hill with antlers going eastbound!!!

jean-guy

DSC_7789.JPG

DSC_7785.JPG