Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

forgot to mention....

just for fun ....for your knowledge....

checked on g e....

there s 18.3 miles between me and ski hill !!!

i took the pic from next to farm ....outside town...trail for the lake ...st alexandre ...etc 

jean-guy

DSC_5845.JPG

9 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

That's why God created scratchers!  

We'll be right there Amigo!

good morning playhard !!!

still cold and sunny here !!!

-13c earlier this morning and -7c now....sunny !!!

no mosquitoes yet !!!

my neighbor was using his snowblower yesterday !!!

pics from thursday night ....windmills from '' mommies '' and st francois -st alexis area !!!

and '' la balle de golf '' again !!!

jean-guy

DSC_5964.JPG

DSC_5877.JPG

DSC_5954.JPG

DSC_5962.JPG

DSC_5917.JPG

DSC_5925.JPG

DSC_5933.JPG

45 minutes ago, GT Rider said:

Hi JG,

Looking at a few old photos. Thinking of your work.

Thanks for the inspiration out on the trail.

Rimouski

Saint-Ambroise

Ville-Marie

Near Matane on ferry

Montmagny

IMG_6604.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

IMG_6511.JPG

IMG_0816.JPG

IMG_1480.JPG

bonjour gt rider !!!

great thx...glad if my pics can help for inspiration ....can give some ideas to take some !!!

all great pics.....i thought first one was not too far from clubhouse on the old tq 5......there was a lot of maple trees there...

like your pics , because there s a lot of '' horizon ''.......only  way for me to have horizon ...its to climb on top mountains....no big lakes around my camp ...hard to take pics where i can see far away ...

i wanted to go on logging road late this afternoon to take a few pics of mt logan... ....i won t take the risk ....too many clouds ...don t want to do 60-70 miles if light is not that nice !!!

thx for sharing your pics !!!

fyi , my neighbor was using his snowblower yesterday to clean his back yard.....still snow in my street for more than a week ....

mt logan....back in late december !!!

the antennas you see on top ...for cbc in french...and there s also  a shack for cross country skiers

jean-guy

DSC_1120.JPG

DSC_1129.JPG

DSC_1141.JPG

DSC_1154.JPG

43 minutes ago, GT Rider said:

Fantastic detail!! Very nice indeed.

thx.....that what make the difference when you re at the right time.....better light and it show on the pics !!!

i was there since 6-7 mins....saw the fog started to rise....then ,  no more mt logan ...

few mins can make a difference in a pic....even a few seconds....

i forgot , there was '' friends '' on the road !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1110.JPG

DSC_1099.JPG

forgot again......

i paid myself a little luxury yesterday ....

i bought that big bird ...if interested next winter.....20..$$$ for half an hr ride....

full-face helmet included...ride could be bumpy ...😁

friend took the pic ....while i was making '' donuts ''  over my house !!!

jean-guy

DSC_5993.JPG

3 hours ago, smclelan said:

That looks like the one I see parked in a yard just outside New Richmond.  He has a spot on a hill about 2km up Rte 199 toward Park Gaspesie.

bonsoir !!!

hmmmm....excuse me ...it was parked in front of my house !!!...aahha.....you could be right.....it was coming from ste marguerite side !!!

well , weather turned nice....i went up the '' 35 miles ''  on logging rd.....nice ....

jean-guy

DSC_2145.JPG

DSC_2146.JPG

DSC_2149.JPG

DSC_2154.JPG

DSC_2158.JPG

DSC_2165.JPG

DSC_2176.JPG

DSC_2198.JPG

DSC_2207.JPG

43 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

We are heading to North West Maine for ice out salmon and brookies in 2 weeks and will see a lot of loons making their annual nests, really great to hear them calling at dark.

Not sure what that bird is, but it ain’t no loon. Sounds like u have a good trip planned, let us know how it goes and good luck...

12 minutes ago, scorpionbowl said:

Not sure what that bird is, but it ain’t no loon. Sounds like u have a good trip planned, let us know how it goes and good luck...

Definitely not a loon in that pic, but a big bird and probably from the same family. We usually try to get to camp the very first day we can navigate around the ice, a 2 hour trip by water, never see another person for the whole week, very remote, an old logger drivers camp, more rustic than Groomers camp, and some incredible fishing. Just a little worried about leaving out of state plates on the side of the road for a week, you never know how people will react during this virus when no one is looking. Been doing this for 30 years, never had a problem, but never say never.My boat registration came in the mail today so it looks like we are ready, we will not need any contact with anyone once week hit the road, only to stop for gas, so it looks like social distance will be no problem. Very interesting here at the shop, people are calling for appointments and we are reasonably busy with a couple week back log. This is a very uneven playing field, many have no work, we are surprised and counting are blessings, 5 weeks in things are still looking good for us at work, but we know this can change.

1 hour ago, quebec bob said:

We are heading to North West Maine for ice out salmon and brookies in 2 weeks and will see a lot of loons making their annual nests, really great to hear them calling at dark.

bonsoir quebec bob and scorpionbowl !!!

absolutely right...nice to hear !!!

probably more a duck ....anyway...they bring life in the woods...one of my brother is a salmon angler or a guide........on matapedia and patapedia river !!!

time to time ...there s a few ducks at my camp ....brook is 100 ' away ...tough to catch ...even if i walk very slowly ....but always fun to watch ...

on a clear night ...no winds....i can hear the loons at the lake....2 miles in straight  line from camp ...

few ducks on small lake next to camp and in the brook !!!

sunshine is back !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1456.JPG

DSC_1635.JPG

DSC_1643.JPG

DSC_3191.JPG

2 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Definitely not a loon in that pic, but a big bird and probably from the same family. We usually try to get to camp the very first day we can navigate around the ice, a 2 hour trip by water, never see another person for the whole week, very remote, an old logger drivers camp, more rustic than Groomers camp, and some incredible fishing. Just a little worried about leaving out of state plates on the side of the road for a week, you never know how people will react during this virus when no one is looking. Been doing this for 30 years, never had a problem, but never say never.My boat registration came in the mail today so it looks like we are ready, we will not need any contact with anyone once week hit the road, only to stop for gas, so it looks like social distance will be no problem. Very interesting here at the shop, people are calling for appointments and we are reasonably busy with a couple week back log. This is a very uneven playing field, many have no work, we are surprised and counting are blessings, 5 weeks in things are still looking good for us at work, but we know this can change.

May be worth starting another topic for this. When u park, u may want to back in and put a gone fishing plate over your front plate, especially coming from a hot spot. We won’t know how remote u really are unless u r offline for a week. Groomer probably has better internet at his camp than most of us, lol.

45 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Sounds like there is more then 4" of snow heading your way tomorrow night! 

bonsoir steven !!!

my friend john at the lake told me that earlier this morning ....lets wait and see.....he wanted me to go up to ride my 4w ...where there s a lot of sled tracks..

very seldom i check the forecast !!!

ahahha scorpionbowl...no internet for me at my camp....only  a small radio working  with batteries...

before i had my 2500 w honda generator ....and my big sound system ....but i stopped that ...it was costing more $$$$ for gas for generator than beer !!!

and i spend most night at the lake with friends !!!

pics ...first 4w ride last year ....april 26 th ....

jean-guy

DSC_9407.JPG

DSC_9461.JPG

DSC_9499.JPG

DSC_9528.JPG

DSC_9532.JPG

DSC_9537.JPG

DSC_9541.JPG