Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

On 4/27/2020 at 8:35 AM, groomer said:

don t know much about planes.....but they need a new gas filter.....looking at the contrail.....looks like there s water in the gas tank ...

Same problem with Thunderbirds & Blue Angels over NYC today, low (1,000') and slow (450mph).

2 tight 6-packs, plus a single scout that was probably the ass-kicker in case any dope got in the way. 

IMG_20200428_130247.thumb.png.f38d9900bb5c4861010b457423d3f639.png

NYC.thumb.jpg.ff7f3e7160aaeaec19afa5d4090ee430.jpg

IMG_20200428_125851.thumb.png.5b1f6fe1e93d7202ea8349f447e6a344.png

9 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Same problem with Thunderbirds & Blue Angels over NYC today, low (1,000') and slow (450mph).

2 tight 6-packs, plus a single scout that was probably the ass-kicker in case any dope got in the way. 

IMG_20200428_130247.thumb.png.f38d9900bb5c4861010b457423d3f639.png

NYC.thumb.jpg.ff7f3e7160aaeaec19afa5d4090ee430.jpg

IMG_20200428_125851.thumb.png.5b1f6fe1e93d7202ea8349f447e6a344.png

good morning playhard !!!

haha...not soon mosquitoes will wake up here....still ice in the potholes this morning....and still sunny ...need rain to melt faster...

must be interesting to take pics of blue angels and thunderbirds in a city like new york !!!

i ve been caught at my camp back in the 90's and at  work around 86-87....jet planes flying very low...

when you don t expect visit like that ....geeezzz

jean-guy

DSC_7368.JPG

DSC_7161.JPG

DSC_7141.JPG

DSC_7044.JPG

Merci JG,

GT Snow racer was that model

amazing that you take over 600 pics in an average day, increases your chances of having “a good one” haha.

i was thinking about staying on the zec roads myself, the trail can be a little bumpy at times.  The bulldozer usually makes a nice smooth path, and the grader  keeps it that way, or so we hope...

have you noticed more deer over the years as they migrate further north?  When I am out in the western part of the province I hear all the time places are having deer hunting seasons that never used to see deer

when you say “potholes” in French do you say “nids de poules”?

i had never heard it called a chickens nest before last year, I had to make sure I heard it correctly...lol

as per always... thank you for your photography, like many of us QRs, I check on it all the time 

if I had the chance to meet you someday I think I would like to hear more about your stories from the challenge Canada adventures, sounds like those were awesome

George

1 hour ago, Je me souviens said:

Merci JG,

GT Snow racer was that model

amazing that you take over 600 pics in an average day, increases your chances of having “a good one” haha.

i was thinking about staying on the zec roads myself, the trail can be a little bumpy at times.  The bulldozer usually makes a nice smooth path, and the grader  keeps it that way, or so we hope...

have you noticed more deer over the years as they migrate further north?  When I am out in the western part of the province I hear all the time places are having deer hunting seasons that never used to see deer

when you say “potholes” in French do you say “nids de poules”?

i had never heard it called a chickens nest before last year, I had to make sure I heard it correctly...lol

as per always... thank you for your photography, like many of us QRs, I check on it all the time 

if I had the chance to meet you someday I think I would like to hear more about your stories from the challenge Canada adventures, sounds like those were awesome

George

bonsoir george !!!

when i saw the sticker ...gt sno racer...i took a pic...

yaaa...taking 600 pics in a day happen time to time.....3-400 often !!!...i don t keep them all ...i spent the afternoon deleting pics from the last few years....must be very close to 5000 deleted since 1 month ...

yaaa...maybe i don t have the right word...potholes......nids de poules ou trous d ' eau ....ahahaha...we hear that often here...specially when roads are rough ...

about the deer...moving north ...no .....but more outside town ...i guess they are looking for fresh food....since 4-5 years....they are more scattered....

riding on the z e c here ....you wont do 200 miles day....but 100 miles easily ...just too bad 4w and s x s are nt allowed anymore on the duniere reserve...nice there ..

and yes ...challenge kanada.....great memories of that ....long hrs day trying to find trails...but fun ...

and sure , ill be happy to tell you stories about that ...

merci !!!

jean-guy

DSC_2650.JPG

DSC_2683.JPG

DSC_2657.JPG

DSC_2703.JPG

DSC_2748.JPG

DSC_2717.JPG

DSC_2759.JPG

DSC_2825.JPG

DSC_2811.JPG

DSC_2627.JPG

2 hours ago, GT Rider said:

So many great pictures!! Merci.

The snow is getting thin. No ice in the river.

Here in NYC 75 degrees yuk.

bonsoir gt rider !!!

yaa...getting  thin ...but i was checking time to time this morning ...even last week ....still a foot of snow + on large roads...depending where you are....

riding with my 4w will get better by the end of the week ...

wanted to go up logging rd at the 14 miles and take pics of mt albert....but lost sunshine and light rain right now...

a big 15c today ....75 in in nyc ....non merci / no thx.......still snow in my street .....left over ....snow banks...

pics of the ducks.....in the last field before crossing rd 132  ( shortcut for clubhouse )

merci !!!

jean-guy

DSC_7597.JPG

DSC_7616.JPG

DSC_7619.JPG

DSC_7624.JPG

DSC_7627.JPG

just found that video by hazard !!!

duniere reserve...first camp you see....at the 24 miles...

at 1m 20 ...in the corner, right side...middle of the screen ....i had seen a bull ....may 9 or 10 ....rack was already 35-40''  wide

jean-guy

10 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Wow, cool shadows on the "rolling" hills.

bonjour playhard !!!

great observation !!!

after downloading my pics....my concentration was on the deer....realized my speed was low a bit on camera....i noticed some pics were blurred a bit ..i think i did nt even notice the shadows

another sunshine day here...still '' cold '' morning ...

jean-guy

DSC_8206.JPG

DSC_8266.JPG

DSC_8216.JPG

DSC_8156.JPG

DSC_8024.JPG

DSC_7999.JPG

DSC_8044.JPG

DSC_3144.JPG

2 hours ago, smclelan said:

Couple nice tree silhouettes. 

hi smclelan !!!

thx ...yaaa...not bad at all !!!

went to check at the bridge next to falls...ain t worth to go riding ...still too much snow and can t make the loop toward logging rd...need to wait  a bit more...

lost sunshine....grey sky now

jean-guy

DSC_3177.JPG

DSC_3181.JPG

DSC_3173.JPG

DSC_3170.JPG

1 hour ago, jak said:

Gorgeous pictures JG, keep em coming. Must be rugged deer to survive your winters. Thanks and stay safe.

bonsoir jak !!!

thx ...no problem ...

right, some are already in great shape....but tougher for others...

this one from april 28 th.....not smiling much and looks weak ....

pics of the fields....late this afternoon ...snow was coming ...but did nt last for long !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6906.JPG

DSC_6909.JPG

DSC_8452.JPG

DSC_8455.JPG

DSC_6902.JPG