Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

1 hour ago, Jackstraw said:

Looks like a great spot to float in a tube with a couple cold ones 😲

hi jackstraw !!!

ahhaha....with a full face helmet and knee pads ....no problem

most people here to that kind of stuff on lakes...few kayak amateurs here

reminds me ....back in the 90's....friends of mine ....about 12 miles higher on that same river...took their canoe and go .....i guess they did nt know the river at all ...

not too long after they started canoeing ....river become a lot wider.....not enough water ....so , they walked a lot in the river to arrive to destination 

pic of the '' mommies '' area taken a few days ago ....may  20 th 

jean-guy

momies.jpg

31 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

This is my spot on the Schroon river

tons of tubers and kayakers come by

F9D80EF9-8C60-498D-8D71-8C75B68F2D37.png

wooww !!! nice.....and look very peaceful 

here in town ...only at the st jean baptiste.....fete nationale des quebeois....thats when you see the most canoes and tubes...

they start going down the river at the big bridge ( trail for the lake ) and land at the '' forks '' right in town...then very quiet .....salmon anglers don t like to see canoes on the river...

camping in amqui .....lac malcom ......val brillant and lac humqui are the places for that 

at the lake where i go to party with friends....maybe 2 canoes and 3-4 kayaks ...thats it !!!

pics at the bridge where they start riding the river

jean-guy

DSC_3515.JPG

stj.jpg

DSC_3513.JPG

DSC_3511.JPG

bonsoir !!!

back from riding ...strange day ...

up to '' school bus ''...to ste marguerite and about 1 mile after 90's corner ...went toward logging rd...my camp ...lake frenette...casault and back to the 16 miles on logging rd..

many chickens...and 1 moose for 3 '' .....cloudy and windy 

jean-guy

DSC_4160.JPG

DSC_4193.JPG

DSC_4205.JPG

DSC_4177.JPG

DSC_4138.JPG

DSC_4164.JPG

DSC_4093.JPG

DSC_4099.JPG

DSC_4141.JPG

DSC_4102.JPG

DSC_4100.JPG

DSC_4219.JPG

DSC_4233.JPG

DSC_4215.JPG

DSC_4131.JPG

DSC_4103.JPG

DSC_4088.JPG

23 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

This is my spot on the Schroon river

tons of tubers and kayakers come by

F9D80EF9-8C60-498D-8D71-8C75B68F2D37.png

Here’s a shot looking the other way , I have 5 sites that I let campers stay on through hipcamp which is private landowners that open up there property to off grid camping. We’ve met some great people so far

4C6A971D-502A-45C1-AAB5-4EDDF48AE7BB.png

Here’s a shot looking the other way , I have 5 sites that I let campers stay on through hipcamp which is private landowners that open up there property to off grid camping. We’ve met some great people so far

4C6A971D-502A-45C1-AAB5-4EDDF48AE7BB.png

super nice....i like the high river bank view....my kind of place ....looks very quiet ...

another hot day here......very dry in the woods....few rain drops last night on my way back ...

preparing stuff to bring to my camp ...i went to check yesterday ...im ok to go with my truck

pic with 4w on the snow drift...where one of my nephew hunt moose.....he wants to go .....but that drift is about 125 ' long ....from 1 foot to 3 ' of snow....he needs to wait a few more days...

jean-guy

DSC_4154.JPG

DSC_4234.JPG

DSC_4191.JPG

DSC_4187.JPG

Always like to be high and dry! I have a 1000' of river front but no good way to get to the water without sitting in the kayak and riding the 25' sand hill to the water. One of these days after a few it might happen. LOL! Would probably need a small ramp at the bottom so you don't go in the water like a torpedo, its deep there

Always like to be high and dry! I have a 1000' of river front but no good way to get to the water without sitting in the kayak and riding the 25' sand hill to the water. One of these days after a few it might happen. LOL! Would probably need a small ramp at the bottom so you don't go in the water like a torpedo, its deep there

ahahha.......but could be fun !!!

yesterday , i was looking at your pic and thinking ....it reminds me another place...

when dad was working as a guide for salmon anglers on the patapedia river...( trail 587 ....or moose valley trail ) from the mid 60' s to 90's.....at the beginning he was staying at the '' 20 miles '' on the river ....and it was like your pics...all cabins and main camp were on a '' plateau '' if i can say that ....and i remember there was a long stair to access the river....25-30 ' lower.

next to stair....a cabin , only with a door...no windows....it was the fridge....big chunks of ice inside ...

then in the 80' s dad moved to the camp at the 23 miles....camps at the 20 miles have been destroyed by poachers and a - holes

back in march when i went to moose valley with ontario and nova scotia friends...i noticed a sign '' 30 miles '' ....along the trail ....patapedia river right there somewhere.( pic )

jean-guy

DSC_0942.JPG

23 miles.jpg

12 hours ago, groomer said:

super nice....i like the high river bank view....my kind of place ....looks very quiet ...

another hot day here......very dry in the woods....few rain drops last night on my way back ...

preparing stuff to bring to my camp ...i went to check yesterday ...im ok to go with my truck

pic with 4w on the snow drift...where one of my nephew hunt moose.....he wants to go .....but that drift is about 125 ' long ....from 1 foot to 3 ' of snow....he needs to wait a few more days...

jean-guy

DSC_4154.JPG

DSC_4234.JPG

DSC_4191.JPG

DSC_4187.JPG

Pic of the 4w on the snow drift brought back some memories... 

What is the story with the truck heading through the snow tunnel?  

sweet spot Jack.  I will stop in and bring some beer so we can share tales of the trail sometime

5C9170CB-39CA-4210-8B0E-023DB08F2995.jpeg

10 hours ago, Je me souviens said:

Pic of the 4w on the snow drift brought back some memories... 

What is the story with the truck heading through the snow tunnel?  

sweet spot Jack.  I will stop in and bring some beer so we can share tales of the trail sometime

5C9170CB-39CA-4210-8B0E-023DB08F2995.jpeg

bonjour je me souviens !!!

never know whats under the snow....4w started to go quickly to the right...too late by a second to put the 4 x  4 ...

the truck in the tunnel ....plowing the windmills roads lac alfred area....( mommies )

yesterday morning went to amqui ....first time since march ....about a 1 mile before landing at the dealership .....can see clearly ski and mommies area...

ski hill , kaputt ....very tiny snow spots......but mommies area still full white...

monday while riding i could see the mountains of park matane and gaspesie park........mt coleman ,  '' green '' on top ...and toward mt logan and mt albert area ...still very white

a bit of rain last night and hot ....

jean-guy

DSC_4168.JPG

DSC_4170.JPG

bonjour !!!

back from the ''' gaspesian jungle '' !!!

frost this morning .....- 3c...,..still a bit of snow on mountains of park matane and gaspesie park...

not too warm last night riding ....landed at my camp about 9 pm...few mins before complete darkness....once inside the camp ...noticed a black spot right on the other side of the brook...moose....but too dark to take a pic

jean-guy

DSC_0865.JPG

DSC_4642.JPG

DSC_0940.JPG

DSC_0913.JPG

DSC_0879.JPG

DSC_0614.JPG

DSC_0644.JPG

DSC_4586.JPG

DSC_0875.JPG

DSC_4577.JPG

DSC_0792.JPG

DSC_4567.JPG

DSC_0683.JPG

DSC_4583.JPG

DSC_0840.JPG

DSC_4594.JPG

DSC_0853.JPG

DSC_4667.JPG

DSC_4650.JPG

DSC_0983.JPG

On 5/12/2020 at 10:49 PM, groomer said:

bonsoir zeusand !!!

here s a bit of history about that .......20 years ago maybe....saw a documentary about that  talking about people living a round st jean de cherbourg...st paulin ...st nil ...etc.... matane area...

happened in many other villages...some people were so mad....instead of moving their houses into bigger town....just put the fire to their houses !!!..

In September 1970, 19 priests from the Bas-Saint-Laurent and the Gaspé regions launched the Manifeste des curés anger and three of them founded Operations Dignity. These operations become a real battle for the survival of rural Quebec.

In 1970, Quebec and Ottawa decided to close 81 villages in eastern Quebec, according to the Relocation Plan of the Eastern Quebec Planning Bureau (BAEQ). The governments' objective is to lift the region out of its state of poverty. They also advocate better training of the workforce and the modernization of fisheries and forestry.

The plan to close the villages and the relocation of tens of thousands of people raised the population's discontent. Ten villages will finally be razed.

I also saw the burned houses, the shaved floors and people there dismayed to see property and moved to low-rental housing in Rimouski, Matane or Sainte-Anne-des-Monts.

Among the first localities to close, there is Sainte-Paule, in the MRC de Matane. Resistance fact that the little people had no voice, I was asked to take the lead in the movement. I woke up one morning, I was at the head of 21 parishes. I 

On September 22, 1970, it was the birth of the first Operation Dignity, in the church of Sainte-Paule in front of 3,000 people. The second operation will be launched a of Rimouski, in front of 6,000 people. Operation Dignity 3 was 

Edited by artsled
Great place for lunch

hahha

hey gutz....if you plan vacations this summer...come to gaspesie....you re up for a wildlife course !!!😀

if talking about relay st paulin  artsled ...right !!!

quiet with moose this week.....great weather...windy most of the time

jean-guy

DSC_4856.JPG

DSC_4810.JPG

DSC_1135.JPG

DSC_1197.JPG

DSC_4787.JPG

DSC_4688.JPG

DSC_1123.JPG

DSC_1062.JPG

DSC_4754.JPG

DSC_1094.JPG

DSC_1255.JPG

DSC_4706.JPG

DSC_4913.JPG

DSC_4918.JPG

DSC_1189.JPG

DSC_1173.JPG

On 6/5/2020 at 7:11 PM, MrGutz said:

LOL, On my way, bringing Mason and his Quad too!

GutZ

don t forget your mosquito repellent ....big cities , you re not use to that i guess....😀

im back , raining since 10 am ....and quiet with moose...nothing last night in about 30 miles

fishing season opened this morning on the z e c !!!

jean-guy

DSC_4888.JPG

DSC_4687.JPG

DSC_4956.JPG

DSC_0822.JPG

DSC_1110.JPG

DSC_4959.JPG

bonsoir !!!

got mad this afternoon .....took the sledgehammer and smashed my piggy bank in pieces....

bought an airplane and a helicopter ....

i might start delivering pizza and grosse poutine extra fromage !!!😀

have a great night !!!

your pilot !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1716.JPG

DSC_1708.JPG

DSC_1703.JPG

DSC_1677.JPG

DSC_1673.JPG

DSC_1722.JPG

DSC_1712.JPG

DSC_1720.JPG

DSC_1729.JPG

DSC_1650.JPG

DSC_1661.JPG

DSC_1617.JPG

DSC_1694.JPG

DSC_1688.JPG

DSC_1689.JPG

bonjour zeusand and artsled....

lets pretend there s no virus...

no problem delivering ....minimum order ...50.00$$$........15 % off on wedneday if 55 y /o +

put an '' x '' on the grass.....easier for me to find you ...won t waste my time making '' donuts '' over your neighborhood and people won t  get mad at me ...

i sent pics to the compagny last night ....they said thank you for sharing your pics !!!

jean-guy

DSC_5171.JPG

DSC_5178.JPG

DSC_5210.JPG

DSC_5166.JPG

DSC_5202.JPG

DSC_5222.JPG