Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

Pictures 3 & 5, is that the road into your cabin?? Those picture certainly show a lot of devastation.  The trees in most of the pictures are too far gone to salvage for lumber.

hi steven !!!

right ...the '' driveway '' before landing in the yard of the camp ...many pics within 1 mile from camp ...

you can recognize the '' orange camp '' .....left side of the rd....very bad there behind the camp

went on a '' cruise '' on the lake last night to take pics of full moon ...

friday night ....at the lake ...while having a beverage.....maybe 2 ..great show......moon , almost full ....stars....and under the moon ....big long white clouds...cigar shaped....lightning for almost 3 hrs...no rain 

jean-guy

DSC_6105.JPG

DSC_3365.JPG

DSC_6087.JPG

DSC_3245.JPG

DSC_5971.JPG

DSC_6014.JPG

57 minutes ago, zeusand said:

A lot of chipmunks here this year in Southwestern Connecticut digging holes all over my yard

bonsoir zeusand !!!

whooopss !!! theres a lot here too, but i think i still see squirrel more often ...

i was by the river taking pics !!!

just for fun ...checked the translation of chipmunk ...tamia......have nt heard that word in many years....we call them .....suisse...don t know where this  come from...

jean-guy

DSC_3425.JPG

DSC_3427.JPG

3 hours ago, jak said:

Where did he get a peanut?

bonjour jak !!!

at the depanneur !!!...ahhah

seriously , at many salmon pools....if too many salmon anglers....you must do the '' rotation ''...if everyone want to fish 

so , i guess , while some were waiting for their turn to fish ....they were feeding the chipmunk .....there was a bunch of peanuts next to the chipmunk 

back from camp ....needed to check something ....still hot and humid

jean-guy

DSC_6134.JPG

DSC_6143.JPG

DSC_6141.JPG

DSC_6145.JPG

DSC_6137.JPG

DSC_6131.JPG

20 hours ago, groomer said:

beep-beep !!!

jean-guy

DSC_3431.JPG

DSC_3439.JPG

DSC_3443.JPG

DSC_3438.JPG

DSC_3434.JPG

Really great pictures, I have them in the stone wall behind my house, I see their habits everyday, running and playing every morning as the sun comes up, they have been there in the same wall for 32 years, never had one in the house or barn.

4 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Really great pictures, I have them in the stone wall behind my house, I see their habits everyday, running and playing every morning as the sun comes up, they have been there in the same wall for 32 years, never had one in the house or barn.

bonsoir quebec bob !!!

thx...wooww...32 years...

at my camp , i have a wood pecker...she has kids...can hear them talking inside the trees...but time to time...she or he , come on the frame of the window and start to '' drill '' at 5-6 am ...not funny ...ahahah

just back from the suburb taking a few pics...no traffic jam at the airport ....

great news....boss came to visit ...start working monday ...about time.......i ll work in ste marguerite...country of the black flies !!!

jean-guy

DSC_3506.JPG

DSC_3466.JPG

DSC_3502.JPG

DSC_3520.JPG

DSC_3524.JPG

DSC_6157.JPG

DSC_6161.JPG

DSC_6167.JPG

DSC_6169.JPG

DSC_6171.JPG

DSC_6185.JPG

DSC_6190.JPG

DSC_6193.JPG

DSC_6202.JPG

DSC_6206.JPG

DSC_6212.JPG

bonjour a tous !!!

well , im dissapointed a bit .....im not that fat ....hahhahhaha...referring to playhard squirell..... good one !!!😛

absolutely right steven...just like beer...before taking a few extra during weekend was no problem starting working on monday morning ...now at our age...you start to feel better on the wednesday ...afternoon ...

jackstraw....not really ...the bad weather (sunshine )...the drought changed my plans...i wanted to get in shape at my camp by doing work with chainsaw and thinning saw since may ...but no way im going to work at the camp with conditions like that ...i have nt used my chainsaw since first weekend of june maybe....only mowing the grass...

i came back last night .....friday night almost no sleep ....mosquitoes and no see em ...very bad....rained for half an hr yesterday afternoon ...

32 c in the shade friday afternoon ...saw my first moose last night since a long time

so , next week ..i ll start slowly ...time to remove the rust on the '' ball joints '' and get in better shape...

btw, ill work next to tq 5 ...about 2 miles before main street in ste marguerite ...right side of the trail ...up the mountain

jean-guy

DSC_3548.JPG

DSC_3556.JPG

DSC_3564.JPG

DSC_3584.JPG

DSC_3607.JPG

DSC_3616.JPG

DSC_3626.JPG

DSC_3644.JPG

DSC_3704.JPG

DSC_3712.JPG

DSC_3729.JPG

DSC_3733.JPG

DSC_6233.JPG

DSC_6238.JPG

DSC_6304.JPG

DSC_6228.JPG

On 7/12/2020 at 10:47 AM, groomer said:

pic with the groomer...

clearcut on top of the mountain...bit more to the right 

pic taken january 3 th ....06 

jean-guy

DSC01348.JPG

DSC01356.JPG

YES,I remember that, when we tuned in here for sledding!! This is a very welcome picture....hope I get to see this in person, this winter!! We are not locked out yet, and I continue hoping we ride this year.I easily rate this post of the month.