Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

1 hour ago, quebec bob said:

YES,I remember that, when we tuned in here for sledding!! This is a very welcome picture....hope I get to see this in person, this winter!! We are not locked out yet, and I continue hoping we ride this year.I easily rate this post of the month.

bonjour quebec bob !!!

merci !!! yaaa..hope so  for you guys....

8-10 years ago , met 2 qr members somewhere behind the machine.....and 2 more as far as you can see the trail...on the other side of the corner

i was right....back from work ...mosquitoes , black flies and deer flies festival ....

jean-guy

DSC_8172.JPG

DSC_8250.JPG

bonjour !!!

just for fun ....

i was done with my 2 sandwiches for diner...picked up a brownie on passenger side seat ...

then , turned my head to the left ....i had a deer 40 ' away looking at me...stayed  there 2-3 mins....then jumped on the road a 100 ' higher

very strange to see deer in ste marguerite !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6320.JPG

33 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Are you doing thinnings for the first nations community?  LOL

hahahha...&^%$#@

no , this is saturday late afternoon ...i stopped by '' the danseuses ''.......it was nt open for business yet !!!

river is right behind me....

friend of mine....hippie style ...

hot today and sunny  again ...last 2 tank of gas ...tough ...im red like a lobster

jean-guy

DSC_6317.JPG

59 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

"Wild"life in suburbia, a little late to the party...

IMG_20200719_183625.thumb.jpg.8c5bbe7d39ecc19d7422069675c63fec.jpg

IMG_20200719_183625_edit.jpg.c2016418990defa11fa80e5d9c74d03d.jpg!

bonsoir playhard   !!!

yaaaa....little friend like me !!!

the pic i took ....he was eating seed for birds at the cabin of my friend at the lake....but i have a little one at the camp ...

jean-guy

DSC_6358.JPG

DSC_6453.JPG

bonsoir  !!!

not my pics....

patapedia river ......where dad spent 1 / 3 of his life guiding salmon anglers....nice little river...

have nt been there since 92 ....at the 23 miles...spent 2 weeks to harvesting  trees to build new road connecting with z e c du bas st laurent 

jean-guy

pat 5.jpg

pat 6.jpg

pat 1.jpg

pat 2.jpg

pat 3.jpg

pat 4.jpg

1 hour ago, quebec bob said:

That is a nice job and the best office, polling for Salmon, crisp cool morning air on the river, casting fly rods....your Dad's time was well spent!!

bonsoir quebec bob !!!

for sure 100 % for dad....back in the 90 's...remember seeing him about 2 hrs during summer ....there was no better job for him 

been there often back in the early 70's.....it was a private club back then....we were staying at the 20 miles...

jean-guy

pat 7.jpg

bonjour

few pics from the weekend...still hot humid ....

yesterday , supper time ...on my last drops of rouge...just next to me ...a lynx...10-12 ' away ...i hesitated 2-3''to see where he was going to go......when he noticed the music playing ...looked at me...i shut  the radio off...reached for my camera...i thought he was going for the driveway ...went straight in the wood...

friday night ...about 10 mins before darkness....saw that same moose....running full throttle...turbo on and in over drive !!! then a little bull next to the green stand , 1 mile later

dead salmon , this morning ..just down the bridge up the falls...

jean-guy

DSC_6588.JPG

DSC_6540.JPG

DSC_6519.JPG

DSC_6572.JPG

DSC_6529.JPG

DSC_4032.JPG

DSC_4129.JPG

DSC_4073.JPG

DSC_6850.JPG

DSC_4070.JPG

DSC_6602.JPG

DSC_4112.JPG

DSC_6742.JPG

DSC_6815.JPG

DSC_6696.JPG

DSC_6562.JPG

DSC_6651.JPG

DSC_6648.JPG

DSC_6682.JPG

DSC_6712.JPG

DSC_4017.JPG

8 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Whoa, sushi traffic jam!

bonjour playhard !!!

yaaa...i don t how may now in the pool ...must be 350-400 now......there was 228 when i went 3-4 weeks ago ...

nice  , but i would rather see more t-bones traffic jam !!!

rained a bit today .....crazy yesterday heat and humidity ...vive la neige !!!

jean-guy

DSC_6835.JPG

DSC_6857.JPG

DSC_6764.JPG

DSC_6840.JPG

DSC_6774.JPG

DSC_6800.JPG

DSC_6747.JPG

DSC_6819.JPG

bonjour !!!

just for fun ....we don t see that everyday here....i was at the gas station and an old guy, roughly 65 ....with a honda trans alp ..

looks like he s been around the world....he had patches on his coat .....bolivia...costa rica...brasilia...etc..

black and white licence plate....1 letter  with 4 number...too far to read...

should have talked to him...he was speaking funny french 

jean-guy

DSC_1176.JPG

DSC_1138.JPG

DSC_1069.JPG

DSC_1099.JPG

14 hours ago, groomer said:

should have talked to him...he was speaking funny french 

Wee Wee, Funni Franch? I have trouble with english....

LOL

Refreshing Shots for the 100 degree days and 100 humidity.

Thanks

GutZ

Add to the to-do list when the border reopens: Line up for our Rock Star's autograph!...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g6cr9gZ1OLaIx1Ob205UaBlp_BkJVG89/view

Pg23:  Jean-Guy Hallé, passionné de photographie!

Jean-Guy Hallé is native of Causapscal and has always been a great nature lover. Around the age of 15, he receive as a gift  celebrating his first kodak in the middle of 70s ... a kodak worth $ 7.95 in plastic. Jean-Guy did not take no photographs before this moment marking. On the other hand, he already had a certain penchant for this art since he liked to admire the photos in the magazines motocross. This self-taught amateur has developed, over time, a passion for photography. 

In the 1980s he used to have fun following motocross races in Quebec and to capture captivating moments. He thus knew the best runners in Quebec and Canada because of his photos. In July 1985 he went to a national championship of motocross in Binghamton NY, still with the same little kodak! But seeing the result of his photos, Jean-Guy finally decided to buy his first 35mm. He wants to point out that snowmobile friends have it helped pay for his first case while he assumed the cost of the lens. 

For 20 years, Jean-Guy has traveled thousands and thousands of kilometers in the forest, in tracks of snowmobile heating the equipment for the snowmobile club of Albertville in order to scratch and maintain the trails. With his 4 wheels, he likes to walk around places wild. He was able to chew many landscapes and animals in all conditions climatic, at any time of the day or night. His passion and his photos allowed him to know snowmobilers from everywhere, from Ohio to Maine, to New York, in passing through Nova Scotia to Ontario! From the very generous world he has appreciated. 

To date, Jean-Guy has had in his possession three digital cameras, the last of which which it obtained in April 2019. With 250 000 thousand photos (yes, it is indeed 250 thousand photos!) to his credit, he continues to take pictures of landscapes, moose deer and other natural attractions. For three years, he has accumulated an average of 24,000 photos per year. You can admire photos on the cover page and go throw a glance at part of his work in visiting his FB page. 

The L’Eau Vive newspaper team thanks Jean -Guy to share his photos to brighten up our spring. By Hélène D’Aoust

image.png.4d7f5e10b396f0de092d2562c611c902.png

9 hours ago, MrGutz said:

Wee Wee, Funni Franch? I have trouble with english....

LOL

Refreshing Shots for the 100 degree days and 100 humidity.

Thanks

GutZ

bienvenou gutz !!!

alweize a plasurre to paust a fiou !!!

terrible here tuesday and wednesday ...sunshine and humidity .....just like someone was welding on my arms...

bye de whey ....its ...oui-oui ....ahaha

jean-guy

DSC_7510.JPG

DSC_9774.JPG

DSC_9819.JPG

DSC_8619.JPG

DSC_2958.JPG

DSC_8817.JPG

DSC_7966.JPG

DSC_2930.JPG

3 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Add to the to-do list when the border reopens: Line up for our Rock Star's autograph!...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g6cr9gZ1OLaIx1Ob205UaBlp_BkJVG89/view

Pg23:  Jean-Guy Hallé, passionné de photographie!

Jean-Guy Hallé is native of Causapscal and has always been a great nature lover. Around the age of 15, he receive as a gift  celebrating his first kodak in the middle of 70s ... a kodak worth $ 7.95 in plastic. Jean-Guy did not take no photographs before this moment marking. On the other hand, he already had a certain penchant for this art since he liked to admire the photos in the magazines motocross. This self-taught amateur has developed, over time, a passion for photography. 

In the 1980s he used to have fun following motocross races in Quebec and to capture captivating moments. He thus knew the best runners in Quebec and Canada because of his photos. In July 1985 he went to a national championship of motocross in Binghamton NY, still with the same little kodak! But seeing the result of his photos, Jean-Guy finally decided to buy his first 35mm. He wants to point out that snowmobile friends have it helped pay for his first case while he assumed the cost of the lens. 

For 20 years, Jean-Guy has traveled thousands and thousands of kilometers in the forest, in tracks of snowmobile heating the equipment for the snowmobile club of Albertville in order to scratch and maintain the trails. With his 4 wheels, he likes to walk around places wild. He was able to chew many landscapes and animals in all conditions climatic, at any time of the day or night. His passion and his photos allowed him to know snowmobilers from everywhere, from Ohio to Maine, to New York, in passing through Nova Scotia to Ontario! From the very generous world he has appreciated. 

To date, Jean-Guy has had in his possession three digital cameras, the last of which which it obtained in April 2019. With 250 000 thousand photos (yes, it is indeed 250 thousand photos!) to his credit, he continues to take pictures of landscapes, moose deer and other natural attractions. For three years, he has accumulated an average of 24,000 photos per year. You can admire photos on the cover page and go throw a glance at part of his work in visiting his FB page. 

The L’Eau Vive newspaper team thanks Jean -Guy to share his photos to brighten up our spring. By Hélène D’Aoust

image.png.4d7f5e10b396f0de092d2562c611c902.png

bonjour playhard !!

merci  for posting ...i was to shy to do it....great to have recognition from people in town ...

i don t share much pics with people in town ....now they know i can take tons !!!

can t remember the year ...pic taken at the ntl in rimouski ..maybe 93 or 94 ......track was west side of town ...behind mcdonald

n- 1 ...ross  '' rollerball '' pederson ...alberta.....multi times canadian champ talked with him coming back from b-c on the ferry for half an hr....

n- 2 .....carl vaillancourt ....pq

n-3.......jsr ................................pq

n-5 .....bill wallin .....................ont ....great rider....

n-16 ...chris pomeroy .........ont 

n-19 ...corey sthol ..............ont

i was trading my pics for t-shirts....jerseys  and stickers !!!...awesome memories !!!

jean-guy

DSC_3572.JPG

DSC_2518.JPG

DSC_5010.JPG

DSC_4120.JPG

DSC_4463.JPG

DSC_4091.JPG

DSC_5184.JPG

DSC_5101.JPG

JG, you have been selling yourself short for way too long, you are one of the most talented when it comes to capturing nature at the perfect time and place, as well as being a gentleman, Bob.

8 hours ago, quebec bob said:

JG, you have been selling yourself short for way too long, you are one of the most talented when it comes to capturing nature at the perfect time and place, as well as being a gentleman, Bob.

good morning quebec bob !!!

many thx for your appreciation ....

years ago , back in 90 or 91 ...with one of my brothers and few friends...coming back from sledding ....nice sunset and scenery ....i was tired to pull the camera off the bag ....so , i did nt take the pic..always regretted.....i never forgotten ...

since then , now i stop when i  see nice things to take pics off

merci !!!

jean-guy

DSC_8983.JPG

DSC_0403.JPG

DSC_9046.JPG

DSC_9128.JPG

DSC_6252.JPG

DSC_0116.JPG

DSC_1162.JPG

DSC_2173.JPG

2 hours ago, groomer said:

....i was tired to (fill in the blank) ....so , i did nt (fill in the blank)..always regretted.....i never forgotten ...

since then , now i stop when i see (fill in the blank) to (fill in the blank)...

merci !!!

Awesome.  Thanks for sharing.  We've all been there & done that, and hopefully learned as you have, to recognize opportunities to stop-think-act and avoid regrets!