Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

1 hour ago, poltodoo said:

Beautiful 

Thank you

Today was very nice

bonsoir poltodoo !!!

merci !!!

took only a few...every time there s something nice to take pic  of...always in a dangerous spot...took them very quickly

-1c right now.....and yesterday morning -13c...

hope to go back to camp before next fresh snow...want to do a bit of firewood for next season !!!

jean-guy

DSC_8868.JPG

DSC_8883.JPG

DSC_8909.JPG

bonjour !!!

spent a lot of time looking at old pics yesterday ...

found those.....first run on tq 5 ....

lots of rain in december.....pics taken january 3 th ....2007 ...not much snow !!!

pic with the sunrise....turbo blew on the gilbert ....100' behind the drag !!!

jean-guy

DSC08165.JPG

DSC08171.JPG

DSC08179.JPG

DSC08222.JPG

On 10/28/2020 at 7:52 PM, PLAYHARD said:

Call me an axe-hole, but maybe the grey box truck with the smile on the side could swing by camp?

Plates.jpg.1bd8941828a48b55b08389b3556132ed.jpg

Wipes.jpg.e663c4ea68d05c7a1d812caf11662b19.jpg

Mr. Halle doesn't drink wine from a box or steak off of paper...not sure what to say about the wipes...but I will work hard for the hot shower lol

1 hour ago, lindasledgirl said:

Mr. Halle doesn't drink wine from a box or steak off of paper...not sure what to say about the wipes...but I will work hard for the hot shower lol

bonjour !!!

very true...at the beginning , yes....during moose hunting ...since amany years...bottles....now ,its delivered directly at home.....😜

everything is big in the gaspesie....

some hunters use the wipes....ahahaha

jean-guy

s a q.jpg

bonsoir !!!

24 c here today 

worth a few winter pics...

first run on december 2 nd with signage on the  5th .....07 

the pic with the side road on the left ...where big drifts are , 1 mile before hill with antlers

the one with the sun and trees down on the left.....1 mile after 90' corner....other big drifts

jean-guy

DSC04972.JPG

DSC04974.JPG

DSC04983.JPG

DSC05001.JPG

DSC05024.JPG

DSC05032.JPG

DSC05036.JPG

DSC05132.JPG

DSC05171.JPG

DSC05182.JPG

bonsoir !!!

little reminder !!!

November 11, 1990
320 hunters from Bas St-Laurent and Matapedia get stuck on their Zec because of a surprising snowstorm. Between 40 and 67 cm of snow fell.

storm started on the friday and ended monday morning !!!.............3 ' of snow 

jean-guy

DSC_3142.JPG

bonsoir !!!

finally , a bit of riding ...roughly 100 miles....lots of harvesting on the z e c...

the big piles of wood are just east of the 90's corner....'' connecting '' with the big drifts...there will be not much trees left on the right side...

just before where i met mrs gt rider and gt rider and right after where i met tom a few years ago....its going to be very windy there !!!...quick stop at the camp and a loop on the north branch !!!

jean-guy

DSC_8631.JPG

DSC_8653.JPG

DSC_8607.JPG

DSC_8627.JPG

DSC_8659.JPG

DSC_8636.JPG

DSC_8667.JPG

DSC_8579.JPG

DSC_8584.JPG

DSC_8585.JPG

DSC_8591.JPG

DSC_8595.JPG

DSC_8600.JPG

DSC_8578.JPG

1 hour ago, scorpionbowl said:

Hi Groomer,

Nice to see u r doing well. Maybe I’ve missed it, but what do u plan on doing this winter without grooming?

bonsoir scorpionbowl !!!

for now ....nothing in sight ...i ll be happy to find something ...even part time ...

i saw this morning on fb ....club in amqui were looking for 2   operators....ahahah

before i started grooming...i was doing delivery for the dealership ...kept me busy tons...

jean-guy

DSC_8601.JPG

DSC_8597.JPG

DSC_8593.JPG

DSC_8590.JPG

bonsoir !!!

went down st fidele cb ....once in ste marguerite i used the old tq 5 for a few miles...

new floor on the bridge ...

i was at the big wood piles next to 90's corner...4w stuck in 3 th gear for 10 miles , on my way back...super slow...came back to life 3 miles before logging rd.....vrooom !!!

jean-guy

DSC_8695.JPG

DSC_8699.JPG

DSC_8686.JPG

DSC_8689.JPG

DSC_8692.JPG

DSC_8712.JPG

DSC_8727.JPG

DSC_8708.JPG

DSC_8754.JPG

DSC_8824.JPG

DSC_8834.JPG

DSC_8856.JPG

DSC_8864.JPG

DSC_8741.JPG

DSC_8675.JPG

DSC_8673.JPG

1 hour ago, P Hardy said:

I was some glad to see that green warming hut one night a couple of winters ago at -28C. Took an hour in there just to start to thaw out..

bonsoir p hardy !!!

sure ...of course...always welcome to see a warming hut in cold temps like that ...more safer !!!

reminds me challenge kanada 96 ....coming from l s j toward n-w side of park des laurentides..around mid night ....1 am.....i was always in front in deep snow...and there was a lot ...

both carbs frozen on my sled...unable to fix after a few tries....friend remembered there was a cabin a few miles away ...throttle frozen on my sled ...using kill switch to slow down...

fixed it the next morning ...then left for manoir richelieu ...we were 12 miles away from phone boot north of l etape

jean-guy

DSC_8710.JPG

DSC_8782.JPG

DSC_8691.JPG

DSC_8743.JPG

DSC_8850.JPG

DSC_8698.JPG

Things are going to look different around the 90° corner after all the cutting.  There will likely be lots of snow drifts for a few years. There was a lot of budworm damage in that area last winter, better to have them cut down then let them die and be the cause of a big forest fire.

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

Things are going to look different around the 90° corner after all the cutting.  There will likely be lots of snow drifts for a few years. There was a lot of budworm damage in that area last winter, better to have them cut down then let them die and be the cause of a big forest fire.

good morning smclelan !!!

absolutely right....very different....yesterday i noticed tape in the trees at the old cord of wood along the trail ...from there to the corner and down to the '' drifts ''....it ll be all kaputt

while taking pics , i could hear an harvester working east side of the 90' corner yesterday...where its written '' old tq 5 ''....so , in that area , at least 3 harvesters

even west side of old cord of wood...road has been fixed there....guys put stand for moose hunting already ...and there s not even clear cut yet...i presume there will be some soon 

thursday pm , i was riding where we had seen the '' bull ''...next to my camp...can see far away ...all grey looking toward north branch and park matane ...

lots of new roads to ride for next summer 

about an inch of wet snow this morning...

jean-guy

tq 5.jpg

13 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

:hi:  :good:  :drinks:

bonjour playhard !!!

yaaaa....standing with both legs on the same side of the sled....right hand for the throttle and left hand for the kill switch....rode 5-6 miles like that ....

i was always in front in deep snow....inside the pan ....some much ice ...could nt steer ....used my body to steer !!!

we were coming from desbiens ,l s j ....down to lac a la carpe...

our day started late...broke a suspension arm on my sled the day before....found an old man in desbiens to weld it ....right in front of club chasse et peche...something like that...

we had 2 guides to help us....because we left late in the day...guides were late too ...so , once at lac a la carpe...one of the guides said....trail is at the end of the lake for laurentides reserve.....i must go to bring my friend to the airport ...he works at james bay ...

once on the other side of the lake and entering laurentides reserve.....darkness...fisrt time there....

at the lac des ecorces ...low on gas....there was guys from the canadian army...gave us gas....ate cold  pork chops in a bucket ...hahahhah..no grosse poutine extra fromage available !!!

we left around 11 pm ...midnight ....then troubles started after that ....we tried to fix it...no luck.....next morning ...

we spent the night roughly 7 miles west of late davenport ...

then ,in the morning we left for manoir richelieu  ...went to lake pikauba...then a bit south ....then east for the manoir.....

jean-guy

DSC_8924.JPG

DSC_8926.JPG

c-k-2.jpg