Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

Great pictures Jean Guy!

merci steven !!!

very quiet here....a bit of rain friday night and snowflakes last night ...

while taking pics... i was thinking...last year , my friend at the lake started riding november 13th......hmmmm...late bit this season

jean-guy

DSC_8971.JPG

DSC_9258.JPG

DSC_9283.JPG

DSC_9319.JPG

without making publicity  !!!

just to let you know  !!!

jean-guy

A major transaction was concluded between two family businesses in La Matanie when André Hallé et fils became the new owner of Amable Caron et fils.
68 years after its founding, the company born in Saint-Luc-de-Matane passes the torch to another family business in the region, André Hallé et fils, which will integrate all the Honda and Husqvarna product lines thanks to its new acquisition. . All employees, including a mechanic specializing in Yamaha products, will also join André Hallé's team.

The rich history of Amable Caron and his wife Thérèse Fortin dates back to 1952 when the business opened. Two years later, the business moved to the heart of the city under the name of Matane Chainsaw and became the sole retailer of Honda motorcycles in Matane in 1967. Yamaha snowmobiles then made their debut in 1969.

It was finally in 1993 that Amable Caron transferred his business to his sons Michel and Sylvain who took up the torch even though they were already working in the business. “When my parents retired, my brother and I took over. There aren't many businesses around here that have been established for almost 70 years. Moreover, the clientele is also family. When parents were satisfied, the children were seen to become customers years later. I would also like to take this opportunity to warmly thank all our customers who have supported us over the years, ”says Sylvain Caron.

For Amable Caron's son, André Hallé's offer to purchase was welcome. “I was nearing retirement and it's a company that has grown along with us. We know them well and there is a lot of respect and trust between our two companies. "

This is how a page turns but the story continues while the activities will be centralized at André Hallé et fils. “It is an honor for us to take over the business and keep it in the region. We are also happy to integrate two new product lines into our business. We are also looking forward to welcoming Amable Caron et fils customers to our premises, ”concludes one of the co-owners, Philippe Hallé,

DSC_7337.JPG

42 minutes ago, zeusand said:

Interesting story, so the family business is growing and the other business continues.

bonsoir zeusand !!!

right !!!..honestly , don t know the whole story...i was in amqui yesterday , i forgot to ask my nephew !!!

caron family ,great people ...we were going with them at the mx races around the gaspesie back in the 70' s and early  80's...!!! have nt seen them in a few years...mx racing was very popular in matane back in the 70's....i even saw jim ellis at the track in matane in his first year with honda...mid 80's

on the pic, my nephew phil ,son of my oldest brother and sylvain caron ...on the right...

sylvain was short on legs...he had 2 sets of foot rest on his cr 250 ...one on top of the other one !!!

jean-guy

caron.jpg

bonsoir !!!

still very foggy ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................0c !!!

jean-guy

DSC_9151.JPG

DSC_9155.JPG

DSC_9157.JPG

DSC_9162.JPG

DSC_9168.JPG

DSC_9171.JPG

DSC_9543.JPG

DSC_9544.JPG

DSC_9547.JPG

DSC_9554.JPG

DSC_9556.JPG

DSC_9564.JPG

bonsoir !!!

went to my camp to do  a bit of firewood...

roads...full ice or water...

great weather !!!

friend of mine rode roughly 125 miles last weekend with his sled....

jean-guy

DSC_9284.JPG

DSC_9244.JPG

DSC_9248.JPG

DSC_9251.JPG

DSC_9271.JPG

DSC_9275.JPG

DSC_9280.JPG

DSC_9309.JPG

DSC_9322.JPG

DSC_9223.JPG

DSC_9228.JPG

DSC_9369.JPG

DSC_9620.JPG

DSC_9695.JPG

DSC_9698.JPG

DSC_9364.JPG

On 11/27/2020 at 12:44 PM, groomer said:

All employees, including a mechanic specializing in Yamaha products, will also join André Hallé's team.

This person is probably excellent at playing candy crush & texting with the Maytag repair man.

On 10/28/2020 at 7:52 PM, PLAYHARD said:

Call me an axe-hole, but maybe the grey box truck with the smile on the side could swing by camp?

Plates.jpg.1bd8941828a48b55b08389b3556132ed.jpg

Wipes.jpg.e663c4ea68d05c7a1d812caf11662b19.jpg

Mr. Halle doesn't drink wine from a box or steak off of paper...not sure what to say about the wipes...but I will work hard for the hot shower lol

Maybe have to put Jean-Guy to work on the trail with his famous bacon and eggs brunch!! 

image.thumb.png.ff4895a19f93ace48b243af5e9c360fe.png

10 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

This person is probably excellent at playing candy crush & texting with the Maytag repair man.

bonjour playhard !!!

hahaha...funny !!!

don t worry , i could put THAT person to work ....and THAT maytag  guy too  ....problem with my brand new one...

on my way back to camp ....

don t worry about the pics....quebec expressions !!!

jean-guy

calisss.jpg

crisse.png

44 minutes ago, lindasledgirl said:

bonjour linda !!!

absolutely right.....no more wine in a box.....

and im the king of bacon and eggs in the valley !!!😀

if i was the owner of that school bus in ste marguerite, ill be happy to serve coffee and juice for tourists !!!

if you want to apply as a waitress ....bienvenue !!!

jean-guy

44 minutes ago, lindasledgirl said:

Maybe have to put Jean-Guy to work on the trail with his famous bacon and eggs brunch!! 

image.thumb.png.ff4895a19f93ace48b243af5e9c360fe.png

DSC_2271.JPG

5 hours ago, groomer said:

....quebec expressions !!!

Roger Major!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=C%C3%A2lisse

Multifaceted French Canadian word. In the same league as Ostie, Tabarnak, Sacrament, Criss.
Comes from a deformation of the Christian religion word Chalice. 
Can be used interchangeably in any blasphemous phrase such as:
"Criss de tabarnak de sacrament d'ostie d'câlisse..."
"Câlisse qui fait frette" (it is freaking cold)
"Câlisse de cave" (You're/He is fuc&?*#% stupid)
"Câlisse que j'ai faim" (I'm fuc&?*#% starving)

2 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Roger Major!

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Câlisse

Multifaceted French Canadian word. In the same league as Ostie, Tabarnak, Sacrament, Criss.
Comes from a deformation of the Christian religion word Chalice. 
Can be used interchangeably in any blasphemous phrase such as:
"Criss de tabarnak de sacrament d'ostie d'câlisse..."
"Câlisse qui fait frette" (it is freaking cold)
"Câlisse de cave" (You're/He is fuc&?*#% stupid)
"Câlisse que j'ai faim" (I'm fuc&?*#% starving)

hahhaha....bonsoir playhard !!!

great explanations....

well ,no camp ...ready to go ...light rain ...turned to wet snow...and roads already rock 'n roll ...i stayed home !!!

up to 3c this afternoon.

jean-guy

jgh 9.jpg

jgh 7.jpg

6 hours ago, smclelan said:

Groomer, looks like the first big dump of snow for this winter is hitting your area in the next 24 hrs.  Be sure to share lots on new pictures.

bonsoir smclelan !!!

just back from camp ....firewood...

no problem for pics.......make sure to ship beers first !!!

have a great night !!!

jean-guy

DSC_9931.JPG

DSC_9932.JPG