Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

3 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

I was kinda in a hurry to get the hell in the boat and get out of there, hence the 2nd pic is out of focus, he meant business!!

i guess so .....

happened to me back in 2014 ....after unloading my stuff from my truck at my camp ...bear came in the yard !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0021 (2).JPG

Big storm on the Gaspie, 2 days after the storm heading toward Cabano trail across road had not yet been groomed and snowblower left a 7ft drop off to cross the road, good thing it was not dark, an hour to break it down and continue!

158.JPG

1 hour ago, quebec bob said:

Big storm on the Gaspie, 2 days after the storm heading toward Cabano trail across road had not yet been groomed and snowblower left a 7ft drop off to cross the road, good thing it was not dark, an hour to break it down and continue!

158.JPG

bonjour quebec bob !!!

not funny at all ....i had the same problem ....in ste marguerite....after the field with a canal....guy plowing the road for the windmills was pushing tons of snow against the trail ...not funny when its high snow banks...

nice pic btw.....last night i watched a tv show  / documentary about the life of that guy who landed the plane in casey with that plane full of '' artificial snow '''!!!...i think there will be a few episodes

still grey sky ...-2c ...this morning i went to dealership and on my way back , i stopped in st alexandre at the fallls.....not too bad...could access by truck ...not enough snow

jean-guy

DSC_1251.JPG

DSC_1267.JPG

DSC_1275.JPG

DSC_1289.JPG

DSC_1290.JPG

DSC_1297.JPG

DSC_1313.JPG

DSC_1315.JPG

1 hour ago, groomer said:

bonjour quebec bob !!!

not funny at all ....i had the same problem ....in ste marguerite....after the field with a canal....guy plowing the road for the windmills was pushing tons of snow against the trail ...not funny when its high snow banks...

nice pic btw.....last night i watched a tv show  / documentary about the life of that guy who landed the plane in casey with that plane full of '' artificial snow '''!!!...i think there will be a few episodes

still grey sky ...-2c ...this morning i went to dealership and on my way back , i stopped in st alexandre at the fallls.....not too bad...could access by truck ...not enough snow

jean-guy

DSC_1251.JPG

DSC_1267.JPG

DSC_1275.JPG

DSC_1289.JPG

DSC_1290.JPG

DSC_1297.JPG

DSC_1313.JPG

DSC_1315.JPG

Bridge looks like it belongs in Montreal!!

21 minutes ago, smclelan said:

That is an awesome lookout in the summer with the glass floor. 

bonsoir smclelan !!!

yaaa...for sure !!! ...but i did nt remember about the glass floor......could see just a little

still hate the ' spring effect ''

i wanted to go down near the falls....

jean-guy

DSC_2154.JPG

DSC_2169.JPG

DSC_2173.JPG

On 1/9/2021 at 12:34 PM, quebec bob said:

trail across road had not yet been groomed and snowblower left a 7ft drop off to cross the road, good thing it was not dark, an hour to break it down and continue!

158.JPG

Nice blue sky there sir!

I know you've been-there-done-that with zero visibility, hoping & praying that when you goose it there won't be too steep of a drop-off, or pop-up on the other side, or any cars/trucks with "perfect timing!" 

And laughing in your breathbox on the other side, thinking about folks at home thinking you're on vacation!

bonsoir paddy 'o and smclelan !!!

hahaha.....living in a small town can be an advantage when you know lots of people.....caa can be very fast ....

during the summer , they had dug the ditch way deeper and more straight down on the side.........i lost a few feet on the width of the trail and trying to make it like it was before...

about an inch of fresh snow this morning ...still mild temps...

and those ones next to the intersection of st alexandre and amqui ...i was back in business in half an hr...just shoveling 

btw, smclelan ...i was looking for pics of that -48c morning at the gas station ....could nt remember exactly the year ....09-10-11

jean-guy

gilbert,lac saumon 043.jpg

gilbert,lac saumon 044.jpg

gilbert,lac saumon 045.jpg

gilbert,lac saumon 046.jpg

gilbert,lac saumon 047.jpg

30 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

I buried my 154 expedition, while it was loaded, just like that in that big storm last winter....but my pack shovel was a lot smaller than yours, @$@%^&!

bonsoir quebec bob !!!

hahahah...i guess so !!!...when i was stuck with the gilbert.....i had a piece of wood....6'' x 6'' or 8'' x 8 '' ...maybe 16-20 '' long ....put that under the bull and lifted the machine with that ...

putting snow under the tracks....and vroooom ...back in business

i remember , a guy stopped to help ...and i said no thx...

best way to get unstuck ....not to panic.......slowly is the best way ....

pics from march 8 th ....2011 ...after a storm  

jean-guy

8 mars ,tempete!! 018.jpg

8 mars ,tempete!! 043.jpg

8 mars ,tempete!! 104.jpg

8 mars ,tempete!! 134.jpg

8 mars ,tempete!! 144.jpg

8 mars ,tempete!! 166.jpg

8 mars ,tempete!! 172.jpg

8 mars ,tempete!! 249.jpg

bonsoir paddy 'o and smclelan !!!

btw, smclelan ...i was looking for pics of that -48c morning at the gas station ....could nt remember exactly the year ....09-10-11

jean-guy

When we left PALC that morning, it was -40°.  We stopped once at the cable bridge and talked about how cold it was. I said to Andyman there was crinkly sounds coming from my jacket I had never heard before. When we got to the gas station and you said it was -48° we knew it was not going to be a 300 mile day!

20 minutes ago, smclelan said:

When we left PALC that morning, it was -40°.  We stopped once at the cable bridge and talked about how cold it was. I said to Andyman there was crinkly sounds coming from my jacket I had never heard before. When we got to the gas station and you said it was -48° we knew it was not going to be a 300 mile day!

the coldest before i had seen  before, if memory still good....early 80's ....-41c 

this reminds me ,back in 91 or 93 , i brought a sled for my brother at the '' bar 50 '' in st adelme..... i opened the door and the danseuse was right there in the drift of cold air with long leather boots to go in the deep snow with short pants....ahahahh....cold temps there too !!!

pics from january 14 th ....2016 

jean-guy

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG

DSC_0071.JPG

DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0103.JPG

DSC_0111.JPG

this reminds me ,back in 91 or 93 , i brought a sled for my brother at the '' bar 50 '' in st adelme..... i opened the door and the danseuse was right there in the drift of cold air with long leather boots to go in the deep snow with short pants....ahahahh....cold temps there too !!!

pics from january 14 th ....2016 

jean-guy

That was an awesome bar!  Used to be a regular stop when going by Matane.  A classic spot in the basement. Maybe seat 25-30 people.

19 minutes ago, smclelan said:

That was an awesome bar!  Used to be a regular stop when going by Matane.  A classic spot in the basement. Maybe seat 25-30 people.

i guess so !!!......a regular ...funny !!!

been there only 1x....

i remember ,when i left road 195 ...on top of the hill , so icy ,the guy blowing snow for the village ...was blowing the snow on the road

pics from january 16 th , 2010 

jean-guy

DSC06649.JPG

DSC06650.JPG

DSC06652.JPG

14 hours ago, groomer said:

'' bar 50 '' in st adelme..... i opened the door and the danseuse was right there in the drift of cold air with long leather boots to go in the deep snow with short pants....ahahahh....cold temps there too !!!

Pics?!...

Lens fogged up?!...

Before your photojournalism days?!...

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

Pics?!...

Lens fogged up?!...

Before your photojournalism days?!...

good morning playhard !!!

hahahha

no pics at all ...i had a 35 mm back then and i was nt taking as much pics as today ...it was costing me a fortune ...

just back from a drive....bit of sunshine and 0 c !!!

pics from december 18 th 07 ....already the snowblower in ste marguerite!!!

jean-guy

DSC05747.JPG

DSC05683.JPG

DSC05746.JPG

DSC05748.JPG

DSC05750.JPG

DSC05601.JPG