Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

18 hours ago, groomer said:

the coldest before i had seen  before, if memory still good....early 80's ....-41c 

this reminds me ,back in 91 or 93 , i brought a sled for my brother at the '' bar 50 '' in st adelme..... i opened the door and the danseuse was right there in the drift of cold air with long leather boots to go in the deep snow with short pants....ahahahh....cold temps there too !!!

pics from january 14 th ....2016 

jean-guy

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG

DSC_0071.JPG

DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0103.JPG

DSC_0111.JPG

More information required about the tall boots and short pants....lol

Must be native tradition for deep snow travel....

It’s a damn shame to see less and less of those establishments, how are they putting themselves through college these days?

"More information required about the tall boots and short pants....lol"..I second that motion. 

Minus 40C +-...Today's ski-doo is not starting with the inferior quality relays they outfit the machines with.  I definitely would have been seeking out the porter asking for a lengthy extension cord, or two, a hairdryer, and warm hands to fire up the machine.

Did you have to pull the plugs and drop gas in the port to fire her up? No synthetic oil? Must have been like pulling a heavy linked chain through wet cement. 

1 hour ago, Je me souviens said:

More information required about the tall boots and short pants....lol

Must be native tradition for deep snow travel....

It’s a damn shame to see less and less of those establishments, how are they putting themselves through college these days?

bonsoir je me souviens and paddy 'o !!!

hhahah

5 speed + overdrive and including turbo ....with traction control!!!😁

i think only in matane now still with '' ballerines '''

and there was no '' bouncer ''...customers were the bouncers i guess...

i believe that ...everything now a bit cheaper than years ago...

pics from december 23 th ....2015

jean-guy

DSC_0049.JPG

DSC_0102.JPG

DSC_0137.JPG

DSC_0168.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

11 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Still does not look like normal snow levels for your area.

right monsieur !!!

i ve seen better season ...at least back to cold temps....

saw the groomer this morning ,where you cross road 132 by shortcut 

and the groomer will be parked next to that garage by road 132 ....with 18 w trucks...

2 newbie operators....1 for tq 5 and 1 for local trails

jean-guy

DSC_1524.JPG

DSC_2592.JPG

DSC_2597.JPG

DSC_1511.JPG

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

Maybe offer consulting sessions, in exchange for grosse poutines avec HD fromage?!

good morning playhard !!!

hahahha....great idea....if it works.... i  ll give 15% !!!😁

my fees could be too expensive !!!

they just need to do like me....learn by themselves !!!

temps down to -21 c last night and -12 c right now...back to grey sky .....

....and if you want the '' SCOOP ''.......someone from the club came to visit about 3 weeks ago.....asking if i was still interested to groom....tq 5 , 3x a week ...and another operator for the local trails.....i said no...and with more $$$$

pic with snowy mountains ...... at the '' mail box ''  ....on logging rd...14 miles

jean-guy

DSC_2603.JPG

DSC_2611.JPG

DSC_2627.JPG

DSC_2631.JPG

DSC_2638.JPG

DSC_2655.JPG

"....and if you want the '' SCOOP ''.......someone from the club came to visit about 3 weeks ago.....asking if i was still interested to groom....tq 5 , 3x a week ...and another operator for the local trails.....i said no...and with more $$$$"

I'd be willing to bet the majority herein had no doubt someone would approach you and ask you to reconsider your stepping down. Furthermore,  t am confident it won't be the last time someone asks you to reconsider. You can always change your mind when you get tired of entertaining us with your wonderful photos. Thank you for the latter. 

Stay healthy, stay safe. 

Paddy O 

4 hours ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

"....and if you want the '' SCOOP ''.......someone from the club came to visit about 3 weeks ago.....asking if i was still interested to groom....tq 5 , 3x a week ...and another operator for the local trails.....i said no...and with more $$$$"

I'd be willing to bet the majority herein had no doubt someone would approach you and ask you to reconsider your stepping down. Furthermore,  t am confident it won't be the last time someone asks you to reconsider. You can always change your mind when you get tired of entertaining us with your wonderful photos. Thank you for the latter. 

Stay healthy, stay safe. 

Paddy O 

bonsoir paddy 'o !!!

well , i ve been asked again yesterday while driving in the back roads...met a friend walking...he said you should come back...we re going to miss you !!!

time to time at the grocery or gas station.....someone asking ....

up to now, i have no regrets.....as long i can take pics and post 2 or 3 here....no problem 

here , its not nyc....we take what we have, the groomer they leased back in february  , to end the season ,has been '' the coup the jarnac ''.....means ...the last ding-ding on the head...

it was like driving an olympic 12/ 3 , 68 ...no hp at all ...very discouraging when you re gone for 10-12 hrs

at look at grooming pics now,....and it aint bring my spririt up if i can say that ...

back from a drive....nice sunset ....-16c right now !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1529.JPG

DSC_1532.JPG

DSC_1543.JPG

DSC_1548.JPG

DSC_1552.JPG

DSC_1554.JPG

DSC_1575.JPG

DSC_1583.JPG

DSC_1585.JPG

DSC_2723.JPG

DSC_2728.JPG

DSC_2730.JPG

DSC_2735.JPG

DSC_2738.JPG

DSC_2741.JPG

DSC_2750.JPG

DSC_2768.JPG

DSC_2786.JPG

DSC_2799.JPG

DSC_2821.JPG

DSC_2837.JPG

DSC_2850.JPG

bonsoir grumpy and blueblood !!!

well , the thing that i never liked.....when windmills landed in ste marguerite

jumping from one side of the road to the other side....no thx for me....take long to fill the ditch ...

done with grooming ...then plow truck bs your work a few mins later.....i was sick and tired of that ...it was tough to stay happy and last year has been the toughest of my 20 years of grooming ....lost the interest ...

groomer back in business....new motor .....new rubber for tracks and a few more things that i don t remember.....forgot.....and new operators !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1563.JPG

DSC_1566.JPG

DSC_2727.JPG

DSC_2737.JPG

DSC_2744.JPG

DSC_2763.JPG

10 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

And hopefully they had fathers like we had, to teach the stuff you can't learn in a classroom. 

brrrrrrrrrrrr this morning playhard .....

sunny and -30c !!!...ahahaha

yaaa....hope so for them...learned tons from dad ....with chainsaw !!!

pics from january 20 th .....2017 

jean-guy

DSC_0075 (1).JPG

DSC_0079 (1).JPG

DSC_0068 (1).JPG

DSC_0056.JPG

bonsoir !!!

blue sky around noon....i was on my way to go to la cache.....once at the 16 ....a bit of grey sky .....at the 21 ....full grey .....then blowing snow...

and no more plowing after the 37 ....turned around and went at the 28 ...

jean-guy

DSC_3111.JPG

DSC_1669.JPG

DSC_1677.JPG

DSC_1682.JPG

DSC_1686.JPG

DSC_1695.JPG

DSC_1661.JPG

DSC_1656.JPG

DSC_1663.JPG

DSC_1690.JPG

DSC_3055.JPG

DSC_3080.JPG

DSC_3034.JPG

16 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

Nice limousine!

Looks like some grooming would be nice!

And it looks like it's worth the effort!... https://aubergemacabaneengaspesie.com/

bonsoir playhard !!!

oui monsieur !!!

tomorrow,i win at the lottery ...i ll buy  a sled like that ...less the '' bebelles '''....ahahha....accessories !!!

yaaa...ths will make a nice grooming run !!!

-2c right now !!!

aaaahhh...tbk ...i thought it was ...ma cabane au canada...aahahha

jean-guy

pm 6.jpg

pm 7.jpg

Edited by groomer