Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

9 hours ago, poltodoo said:

Great pictures as usual JG.  Thank you for posting, the moose look to be very healthy good to see, Maine moose are struggling tics and other issues 

Enjoy the summer keep the pictures coming love seeing them all

bienvenue poltodoo !!!

thx...last night ,leaving camp....saw  3 within half a mile...

last year or  2 years ago....watched a tv show on cbc ....talking about ticks....about pq and nh moose ...

if memory still good , nh lost 50 % of their moose  population in not too many years...just can t remember exactly 

jean-guy

DSC_2871.JPG

DSC_2878.JPG

DSC_3037.JPG

DSC_3108.JPG

DSC_3129.JPG

DSC_3160.JPG

DSC_3417.JPG

DSC_7695.JPG

im working next to logging rd....so ,friday i brought my camera....just in case

heavy traffic there.....so, when i left work i heard that guy calling on the cb radio .....he was at the corner of ste marguerite....where local trail cross logging rd..

so, i waited a bit to take pic of that guy ...don t know him...

i don t know how many trucks...but not 5 mins without one passing by ...lots of dust ...its a must to have a cb radio 

jean-guy

DSC_2651.JPG

DSC_2664.JPG

DSC_2690.JPG

DSC_2702.JPG

DSC_2705.JPG

DSC_2725.JPG

DSC_2745.JPG

7 minutes ago, jak said:

Hey Groomer, you ever get charged or threatened  by a bull (or cow) moose? Never happened to me but I know people who have. The bulls get ornery during the rut. Always enjoy your pictures.

bonsoir jak !!!

no never.....i don t tease moose for nothing ...careful with that .....because im always alone...

and i watch my butt during love  season ....moose can smile at you for a second ....then...can be very hypocrite....i watch the eyes and ears all the time

only the click ...click of the camera can change their mood...

few years back ...during love season....i was looking at a bull...50' off the road...i was standing against the door of my truck ...he came straight at me...so close...he could have licked the dust on my boots...

thx !!!

jean-guy

DSC_7605.JPG

DSC_7783.JPG

DSC_7817.JPG

DSC_7744.JPG

DSC_7754.JPG

54 minutes ago, smclelan said:

How much are those truck grossing, 80,000kg?

bonsoir smclelan !!!

im a bit rusty ....back in the 90's...i could be wrong ...truck like that with  a 12 ' wide trailer...they were putting 90 ,000 or so...and the big truck at the mill ...3 axles...up to 120 000

so, that one could be more than  80 000

if you remember the rock cliff on the logging rd ...few miles outside town...im just on the other side..

i talked with the guy at the '' mail box '' next to the rd for ste marguerite... emailed him the pics...but no reply yet...

lots of newbies on logging rd ( strangers )

jean-guy

DSC_7599.JPG

DSC_7604.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

bonsoir !!!

im late a bit ...pics from last weekend...

hot today ...35c at noon ..

just to let steven know that this morning, half a mile before entering the wood lot where i work ....met a friend coming down logging rd with a load...about 2 miles lower than the local trail for ste marguerite 

so, i asked him ....he said he was roughly 88-90 000 kg.......and feeling light 

then at lunch time , 2 truckers where talking together...i guess smaller trucks....67-70 000 kg

jean-guy

DSC_7844.JPG

DSC_7846.JPG

DSC_7849.JPG

DSC_7853.JPG

DSC_7882.JPG

DSC_7880.JPG

DSC_7893.JPG

DSC_3545.JPG

DSC_3666.JPG

17 minutes ago, smclelan said:

There was a big truck just pulling in the yard at the sawmill when we drove by today. It had to be 88-90,000kg. We talked about how brutal hot it would have been for you today running a saw, it was 25° in Amqui by 9am.

Nice pics as always.

bonsoir !!!

some trucks exit directly at the mill and the others next to gas station before the mill

i ve been surprised this morning ...with the cloudy night last night ,,,i was expecting rain ....but already warm at 5 am

good til 9 30 am....then start to melt after that 

then in the afternoon ....just crazy ...looking for air....light wind ...but not enough ..

in the afternoon , i could cook a grosse poutine extra fromage right on an old stump without using fire !!!

i work on a little mountain ...so ,when i m high enough in the plantation .....can see the trucks climbing the hill between the 11 km and 10 km...some have good '' ponies '' under the hood...climb fast 

just to show you the traffic...yesterday while having lunch....5 trucks climbing between the 10 and 11........and 3 coming coming down at the 13 km...

not a road to go camping...ahahah

jean-guy

log rd.jpg

54 minutes ago, P Hardy said:

The moose look to be in really nice shape this year?

bonsoir p hardy !!!

right !!! nice color of the hair ....healthy !!!

i missed a mom + 2021 calf last night ...both running 50' away from me...

then , i was on my way to turn right at an intersection ...saw something shinning .....it was a bull ...saw him for a few seconds on the road

pics, spent 20 mins with that mom....i went to 50' from her...not shy ...she was having lunch 

jean-guy

DSC_3809.JPG

DSC_3816.JPG

DSC_3865.JPG

DSC_3872.JPG

DSC_3781.JPG

DSC_3920.JPG

DSC_3984.JPG

DSC_3998.JPG

1 hour ago, poltodoo said:

Thank you for the pictures, always a pleasure to see, 

bonsoir poltodoo !!!

bienvenue !!!....great way to spend summer...must hurry up to post ,i told to a member last week ,that im in bed by 9 15 pm !!!😀

jean-guy

DSC_7990.JPG

DSC_8029.JPG

DSC_4186.JPG

DSC_4164.JPG

14 hours ago, groomer said:

bonjour playhard and gutz !!!

you big city people.....both wrong !!!...ahaha

too much '' racing grass ''😀

look at my pics !!!😀

up to 37 c this afternoon !!!

jean-guy

DSC_3893.JPG

Now the Moose are Hooked on Grass! Could be a gateway drug.... 

Another revenue stream or untapped market!?

G, you may be on to something.....

GutZ

7 hours ago, MrGutz said:

Now the Moose are Hooked on Grass! Could be a gateway drug.... 

Another revenue stream or untapped market!?

G, you may be on to something.....

GutZ

bonsoir gutz !!!

hahah....i could make extra money .....become rich .....buy a new sled and groomer  and wave at all the old ladies around town !!!😀

a bit colder today ..

pic....not mine...on my way to work ...at the 4 miles ....they don t know the cause of the accident ...maybe the driver stole the grass of the moose...

its a mile before where i work ....since the dug a ditch earlier this spring on the left side of the road ....very narrow...

jean-guy

4 miles.jpg

truck 44.jpg

8 hours ago, smclelan said:

Could have been worse, he is not loaded, and not laying completely in the brook.

good morning !!!

sure, he felt on the right side !!! lucky in his bad luck 

they were done at 1 pm., while i was having lunch ...could hear the towing leaving !!!

jean-guy

mail box.jpg