Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi trailblazer!!

thanks !!

sorry if im late ,looks like my ''new posts '' button was nt working yesterday just saw your post.i don t think i m wrong ,last time faribault has been open ,must be in 98.just too bad that place is closed .my brother in law with a friend leased it back in 97 .

atelier usinage d amqui ,i have been years ago .i just can t remember the name of the owner .

always appreciate comments about grooming ,because in ''2010'' some sledders still don t know how much effort we put in there and they are the first one to bad mouth about the trail.

thanks again !!

groomer !!! :drinks:

hi coldsmoke !!

with your post ,do you mean i should groom up to their driveway ???? ha !! ha !! i m sure some are waiting for that !!

btw ,very ,very ,very light rain this morning for about 1.5 hrs.nothing to damage the trail.drizzle ,word i was looking for.

hi farmerold !!

thanks !! like i say in quebecois ,thats a $$100.00 question!! ha !! ha !!

the gilbert is brand new from this year .this season is my 10 year with the surtrac .tried the gilbert last week end for the first time .

i knew a little bit about the gilbert .honestly , i was expecting a lot more .did nt impress me at all.the only thing i like , the bull ,a 6 ways positions and there s a cd player !! ha !! ha !! bull work really fast .

the drag ,no way for me . i ll never trade the surtrac drag .on the gilbert the only adjustment you have for the drag ,it s only up and down.with the surtrac ,you can adjust the drag up and down and you can adjust the packer (pan ) up and down too.also you can carry snow wherever you want for a 100 ' +.works great in big drifts.

gilbert is way better than the surtrac in deep snow and lighter too.but like last week end, where the trail is hard packed ,wooooooooowwwww !! it s shaky like hell .if the rpm go down ,samething ,it shake.last week end ,went grooming a local trail .theres a hill climbing close to 2 miles .let say i m in 4 gear,enough hp or torque to climb, but looks like the tracks are turning too fast (without spinning ) for the speed of the machine and it start shaking ,must down shift to avoid the shaking and you re loosing speed .

i knew about that ,crossing a road or jumping from a road to field ,better watch yourself if it s bumpy or there s a little snow bank ,when the front end of the tracks '' land ''on the asphalt ?%%$& the &??%$$% wow ,it hit very hard .must go very slowly.also ,while grooming ,you can hear the tracks or sprockets turning all the time ,noisy a bit .

visibility is awesome tho !!

br guys have the same impession than me ,slower than the surtrac and br .tomorrow morning if i win at the lottery , ill think twice before buying a gilbert.i rather keep my surtrac ,heavy like hell ,but awesome packing !!

shifting on the tractor is different than mine ,different ''range '' .i had the impression i was driving a robot .

i wish i ll have the chance to try it on my part of tq 5 and i m almost sure my run will be longer by 2 hrs +.anyway ,i don t think the fuel tank is big enough to go down there .

great machine but i still like my surtrac for the drag .waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead !!

all pics today while putting the sign up on 2 local trails.

groomer !!! :drinks:

Hi Groomer. Thanks for all your hard work on the trails and on the computer. I always appreciate your work and information and for sure those awesome pictures. Do you know where I can find a snow bank big enough to unload my truck somewhere in your grooming area? Thanks again for all you do, I owe you a cold one(or two). HO HO HO

hi jus4kix !!

you re welcome !! thanks !!

i can t believe there s no snow bank big enough to unload your sled around here.let me know if you want to come here.if i can t find a place near a gas station or somewhere else ,friends of mine are loader operators .they have a gas station and tq 5 is right in the yard .

just let me know ,im going to fix it for you .i park the machine at the same gas station ,so i can build one for you if my friends can t .

groomer !!! ho !! ho !! ho !! :D :drinks:

hi jus4kix !!

i can t believe there s no snow bank big enough to unload your sled around here.let me know if you want to come here.if i can t find a place near a gas station or somewhere else ,friends of mine are loader operators .they have a gas station and tq 5 is right in the yard .

just let me know ,im going to fix it for you .i park the machine at the same gas station ,so i can build one for you if my friends can t .

Groomer,

Any idea how many km's of trail are open in your area? Hope to come up around the 26th or 27th for 4-5 days.

Thanks

hi jus4kix !!

Thanks for the quick reply. I am looking to go for a run on thursday somewhere. You are like Santa with all your GIVING. Thanks again.

jus4kix !!

if you are sure to come ,just pm me and send me an e mail adress , ill send you the location with google earth ! tomorrow morning , ill be gone for about 6 hrs to groom a local trail.should be back before 2 pm.

groomer !!!

hi snowbound !!

right now i can t tell you exactly .i know last week in the rimouski,trois pistoles area they were putting the sign up ,club west from us ,they trails are groomed .

can t tell you about matane area .about cross point area, i ll know on my next run .i just forgot about christmas ,ha !! ha !! ,so i guess i ll be on tq 5 thurday morning ,i ll know once i ll be at the st fidele cb where i turn around .

you could call patsy in chandler : 1 877 202 4636 or e mail at info@quebectrails.com

groomer !!!

last time faribault has been open ,must be in 98.just too bad that place is closed .my brother in law with a friend leased it back in 97 .

I believe Groomer you're right about the time frame,it must have been in '97 or '98 when i was there,if i remember correctly the name of the guy running the place was Bertrand,he had his son with him at the time helping. He told us he was from Cap Chat and he did guiding for deer hunting on the Anticosti island,but what i remember the most about this guy was his terminology for snowmobiling,he used to say "Bring Bring anch une vitesse,on font on font". We had a gas with him.

jus4kix !!

if you are sure to come ,just pm me and send me an e mail adress , ill send you the location with google earth ! tomorrow morning , ill be gone for about 6 hrs to groom a local trail.should be back before 2 pm.

groomer !!!

Groomer I just tried to send a pm but when I clicked on "send" it said "this page cannot be displayed" so not sure if it worked. One of the members helping me thought I may not have enough posts yet.

last time faribault has been open ,must be in 98.just too bad that place is closed .my brother in law with a friend leased it back in 97 .

I believe Groomer you're right about the time frame,it must have been in '97 or '98 when i was there,if i remember correctly the name of the guy running the place was Bertrand,he had his son with him at the time helping. He told us he was from Cap Chat and he did guiding for deer hunting on the Anticosti island,but what i remember the most about this guy was his terminology for snowmobiling,he used to say "Bring Bring anch une vitesse,on font on font". We had a gas with him.

i can remember the second time that i went thru there. i had a 2000 yamaha v-max deluxe( BRAND NEW). it was the first trip with it and we came in from ste anne des monts. we were running late. we decided to take the trail to causapscal and on to pte a la croix in order to make up time. i think that this was the last year that this trail was groomed. that was the last time that faribault was open. we had had cipail for lunch. you could not beat the home cooking there. i've missed this place being open ever since. if i remember right, after we left faribualt, we came out at a ski area just behind ste marguertes some where.i've always missed this trail being open, it was a good run!!!!

post-85-1261605459_thumb.jpg

jus4kix!!

went grooming a local trail this morning ,took tq 5 for a few miles toward ste marguerite .around 9 am there was drizzle for maybe 2 hrs .around 4 pm ,it was more than drizzle ,almost light rain.trail was softer than yesterday .not the best day for grooming .i had no choice to go ,it was first time on that trail.

right now ,it s +1c here.personally i think you should wait for the temps to be colder .

last night i posted a message on the french forum to have info about the gaspesie ,41 clicks and no replies.but i read on another thread ,a guy from bonaventure wrote ,we almost lost all of our snow .rained or maybe only drizzle for 2 days.

went to the grocery and met a friend from ottawa,he told me, yesterday storm stopped somwhere around trois pistoles.center of quebec ,quebec city ,baie st paul :charlevoix and up to lsj received from 6 to 1 ' + of fresh snow.

pic from this morning

groomer !!!

jus4kix!!

went grooming a local trail this morning ,took tq 5 for a few miles toward ste marguerite .around 9 am there was drizzle for maybe 2 hrs .around 4 pm ,it was more than drizzle ,almost light rain.trail was softer than yesterday .not the best day for grooming .i had no choice to go ,it was first time on that trail.

right now ,it s +1c here.personally i think you should wait for the temps to be colder .

last night i posted a message on the french forum to have info about the gaspesie ,41 clicks and no replies.but i read on another thread ,a guy from bonaventure wrote ,we almost lost all of our snow .rained or maybe only drizzle for 2 days.

went to the grocery and met a friend from ottawa,he told me, yesterday storm stopped somwhere around trois pistoles.center of quebec ,quebec city ,baie st paul :charlevoix and up to lsj received from 6 to 1 ' + of fresh snow.

pic from this morning

groomer !!!

Thanks for the info. I will try another time. Have a very merry christmas.

hi yamie 1 !!

i wish that faribault trail could exist again .when i started grooming ,i was supposed to groom that trail.at that time with the br ,it was a 24 hrs run and if i remember well it was $$500.00 of fuel to groom per run.

if that trail could exist again ,probably stop grooming .change the circuit of the trail for a few miles (even shorter to go in town ) and spend all winter at the camp waiting for the members to arrive.faribault trail was 3 miles north of my camp .

first pic ,road for the faribault ,46 miles east from town.there was a big logging camp there back in the 70' s and 80 ' (c i p)

on the second pic ,if you have a good memory ,about 12 miles west of the faribault there was a bridge (50 miles bridge ),if you look at the pic on the left side ,you can see the road ,bridge was 3 miles max from there.

groomer !!!