Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi smclelan !!!

the girl who do that job to call in chandler or sending an e mail ,she will probably wait for the albertville guys to be done with their signage.my side of the matapedia river is done (east) and they are doing the west side toward amqui .it should be done by tomorrow .

groomer !!!

Groomer

Thank you very very much for the GREAT photos and info. I have to ask one question though.............

Do you sleep on that tractor too, I see morning photos, day photos, night photos all in the same post. you put more miles on your rig than I dream of putting on my sled and truck to go sled. WOW!

Great job, you help me make it through the day!

Bob

hi rfm !!!

thanks !! no i don t sleep in the machine at all .it s better for me not to start that ,when i come back early morning ,i try to be in town before 7 30 am -8 am .why ?? because its narrow at few places in town and i don t want to hit anybody with the ''bull '' so it s better for me not to sleep at all .if i m way too late ,i bring the machine home and start again at darkness only for a few miles .

if i feel too asleep while grooming i try to find a place to bulldoze snow !!! going forward and backward (reverse ) with the machine for a few minutes ''wake me up '' a little bit .

the roughest days is went i come back between 6 30 am and 8 am and start grooming at night again on the same day .don t have much time to sleep .5-6 hrs and go !!!

there s no hrs to start grooming ,i can start at midnight ,5 am or 4 pm.but i try to groom most of the time at night .i like daylight only to take pics !!!!

my longest run is 20 hrs and i did many 16-17-18 hrs runs .

i always told myself, the run i ll have to sleep in the machine, i ll probably quit grooming .since last year i m alone to groom ,tq 5 + local trails ,its 400 hrs + of grooming .440 hrs i think last season .

groomer !!!

hi nh vector !!!

thank you very for appreciation !!! be sure when i go to bed early morning i have no remorses of the job i did during the night .i rather take extra time to groom and be happy when i arrive home .

the second pic ,this place can give me a lot of work .on some nights i can see drifts between 2 and 6 ' high .must nt be afraid to bulldoze the drifts and never forget where the hard packed snow is.if i take all the width of the ''bull '' to bulldoze snow ,must not forget where is the hard packed snow is .if i feel the machine is ''sinking '' in the drifts ,i hurry up and go back on hard packed snow !!!! snowdrifts its a place where you can gain tons of experience if you re not afraid to '' dive '' in there !!! like it !!!

thanks again !!!

groomer !!!

rfm !!!

this is the hill i probably fear the most when i fell ''sleepy '' .this is on my way back home about 4 miles west of the c b i turn around .this hill is about 1 mile long with 2 little flat spots .on my way back i always watch the right side , just in case i fell asleep ,ha !! ha !!! go down that hill in 5th gear or 10 mph.sometimes in 6 th (13 mph ) but very seldom .

so one day if you come in my area ,watch the right side ,i might be there somewhere in the clearcut !!!!

ha !! ha !! ha !!! :lol::shok:

groomer !!!

left the club house in albertville this morning to put signage on the trail for the last 5 miles before arriving to the first c b in town .should have a few inches for tonight and tomorrow .

groomer !!!

Groomer, I have been looking at all your pic's for quite sometime, and I always noticed when you take a pic of the Groomer machine from a distance. I see your footprints in the snow, walking for quite a distance ahead to get the pic. However, how did you pull this one off? you must have walked the long way around to get these...

Another great set of pictures :good:

hi gtse800 !!!

don t know if you have that expression in english ,but this is an hundred buck$ question!!!! ha !! ha !! ha !! back in the 80' s a friend of mine used to compete on the world cup downhill championship and they were calling him '' the flyin gaspesian '' !!! now i think it s my turn !!! ha !! ha !! ha !!

seriously !!! put my feet on the '' bull '' and jumped in that ''rut '' or '' slot '' on the left side of the groomed side and i walked a few feet behind the place from where i took the pic .that s why you don t see my foot prints !!!! i took the pic from a moose '' watch '''

usually i try not to show my foot prints by walking on the side of the trail (edge ) but sometimes i foget about it !!!

groomer !!!

hi plain-rev !!!

ha !! ha !!! ha !!! remember last season went i met you .i had no boots while standing on the track of the machine !! 3-4 years ago ,i bought a little carpet to put on the floor of the machine , for the long runs i remove my boots .so for 12 -15 hrs i don t feel the '' weight '' of my boots !! it s more relaxing ,but i must put my boots back every time i stop to take pics .

ps: st' un tapis de rubber dans le surtrac !!! that s why i bought a little carpet !!! ha !! ha!!!

groomer !!!

Groomer, like your Advastar! where was you Thursday night?

Could have used you on rt 95 in RI, it was a parking lot due to the storm we had.

18 miles on the highway, and 7 on the city roads and it took me 6 hours to get home. :sad:

I could have trailed to Canada in that amount of time!!! :good:

hi gtse800 !!!

ha !!! ha !! i was grooming 2 locals trails and came back home at 2 am !!! then returned yesterday at noon and got stuck around 1 30 hrs pm .it has been a rough afternoon.went back to albertville this morning and took a few pics .- 17 c and windy .

little note :back on march 14 , 94 ,i was in a camp about 20 miles east from home and i ve been caught in a storm.took 11 hrs to do 4 miles and once on the truck logging road ,took 1.5 hr to do 8 miles ,the rest was plowed !!!

next storm let me know in advance , i might be able to help you !!! :)

groomer !!!

hi roadrunner !!!

sure !!! best present we can receive !!! so, i ll keep the gifts for me !!!! ha !! ha !!!

just arrived from albertville .storm started around 3 pm and it s snowing heavily now .looks like many hrs of grooming in perspective again this week !!!

best wishes for 08 !!!

groomer !!!

went for a very short run this morning.there s 2 bad places before arriving to the t l r , so i went there just to pack the snow.it will be safer for me tomorrow morning .i ll be early on tq 5 .

just saw on the news ,matane has been shaken by high tides and strongs winds in the ferry area .

still snowing a bit and wiiiiiindy !!!

groomer !!!

hi gtse800 !!!

hard to tell , but 12-14 '' .i live in a valley and right now it s windy like hell !!! so i can imagine it must be a lot worse outside town, up the hills .on my last post pics ,4-5-6 ,you can t see that but from 50 ' in front on the machine the canal was close to 4 ' deep .i do that to cut the wind and snowdrifts .it help a lot .it s a bad place ,1 miles before arriving to the t l r !!

hope the wind will die down by the morning because right now it s not too nice .i won t take the risk to put myself in trouble to groom the tq 5.-14 c .

groomer !!!