Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Well I guess you won't be grooming....so you CAN COME TO THE GATHERING NOW!!

HAHA!!

bonsoir linda !!

im on stand by !!!...hahhhahaha!!!!

i wish i could be there to take pics...but im expecting to see great shots from you !!

-20c this morning...-7c right now !!

jean-guy

WOW..you guys took a beatting.I wont even post pics of up here for the trails.Theres snow comin this week so I hope you guys get some.Crazy weather.Hard to believe you took those pics in January.. jack

hi jack !!

yaa...almost a shame to post pics of the trail in bad shape like that !!

very discouraging !!

checked the forecast ,should have a bit of snow.right now,icy everywhere !!

jean-guy

bonsoir linda !!

im on stand by !!!...hahhhahaha!!!!

i wish i could be there to take pics...but im expecting to see great shots from you !!

-20c this morning...-7c right now !!

jean-guy

Jean-Guy!!

My dear has a rack to hold all your excuses! haha!!

It's not too late...want me to send the reindeer and sleigh to pick you up?

LInda

:nea:

Jean-Guy!!

My dear has a rack to hold all your excuses! haha!!

It's not too late...want me to send the reindeer and sleigh to pick you up?

LInda

:nea:

hi linda !!

don t try to scare me with your deer...gaspesian mooses are way bigger !! :tease:

thx for the offer....but ladies at the grocery are going to miss me !!....hahahaaha!!!

-20c right now !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Hey Jean-Guy,

We are going to miss you at the gathering tomorrow night!

We will toast you from the Delta!

Best,

Tom

hi tom !!

thx for your appreciation !!

wish you all tons of fun and laughs !!

Jean-Guy

I was waiting for you to pop out of the back room, and give a speech, like last time!

Keep the Pics coming, they are always good!

Later

GutZ

hi gutz !!!

hahhahaha !!! good one !!!

could have been the ''prank '' of the year !!!

most of you did nt see that ,but when i went to speak ,it was my 3th or 4th attempt !!...haha!!

could nt do it !!! remember going away from my table in the kitchen and going back !!very tough!!

glad someone remembered about that...but great memories!!

last saturday or friday...i was talking about that with a friend !!

still no grooming for me !!

awesome storm yesterday !!...about 2'' !!so windy ,that the snow probably landed around manic 5 or fermont area !!

-5c last night after supper..then temps started to drop ....-21c right now and windy !!

not much pics since my last run !!

Hi Jean-Guy

We are supposed to be making a loop through your way Feb 7 . Are the trails passable?

We are booked to run fr Campbellton to Amqui Feb 7 . Amqui to Edmunston Feb 8 and fr Edmunston to Campbellton Feb 9.

We have an 8 hour trailer ride fr NS to get to Campbellton.'

It is difficult to get any accutrate info on the Federation site. It says all trails are green. None closed.

We tried this loop the second week of March last year. We all know of the melt then. Ran out of snow in Albertville and ended up going back to Campbellton that night.

Thanks for the help.

Graham

Hi Jean-Guy

We are supposed to be making a loop through your way Feb 7 . Are the trails passable?

We are booked to run fr Campbellton to Amqui Feb 7 . Amqui to Edmunston Feb 8 and fr Edmunston to Campbellton Feb 9.

We have an 8 hour trailer ride fr NS to get to Campbellton.'

It is difficult to get any accutrate info on the Federation site. It says all trails are green. None closed.

We tried this loop the second week of March last year. We all know of the melt then. Ran out of snow in Albertville and ended up going back to Campbellton that night.

Thanks for the help.

Graham

hi graham !!

saw your post ,so i went to take a few bad pics (not my kind of pics) to show you !!

not much difference with last week and 2 weeks ago !!

im not 100% sure,can t remember exactly ...club in amqui won t till more snow too.....and i m sure im speaking for many clubs !!!

the only good news.....they are done with tree harvesting and trucking on both side of ste marguerite !!i guess part of the trail there must be very icy ..since it has been plowed !!

i was checking the exit for gas station not far from where i live.....almost no snow and on ice !!

at least pics will give you an idea !!!

for now,for sure we won t groom ,there s no snow ....

blue sky,windy and -18c !!

pics from the 18th !!

lets say on the way up to lake !!

first one,tq 5 is in the mountains...from right to left ..road 132 on the right...ste marguerite on the left.

pic 2...looking toward lac saumon.......albertville on the left

pic 3 ...beside farm outside town on the way up to lake

jean-guy

Thanks Jean-guy.

Kind of what I expected but hoped not to see.

Hopefully we will get some snow soon.

Blizzard like conditions here this morning.-12 and snowing/blowing hard.

Hopefully enough will stick so some grooming can take place around here .

Another weird winter.

One plus is once snow does fall there will be a good solid base underneath.

Graham

I believe that first machine is a Snowcruiser!! That is what I first started riding, a 1967 Snowcruiser back in 1969, heavy as a D6 and almost as fast! LOL

hi smclelan !!

e mailed my oldest brother after i posted and he said it was a snowcruiser...friend of my dad !!almost as heavy as the sur trac...hahahha!!!

on the pic,you re probably lost ...about half a mile west of the traffic light.....just before going up hill for the gas station..

-25c right now !!

wife of the ex-operator e mailed me..her husband went riding in the area of the farm..just barely enough snow to lube the slides and mostly on ice.

jean-guy

just for fun !!

back in the old days...main street in town !!

jean-guy

I love that picture!!

Thanks for sharing!!

I love that picture!!

Thanks for sharing!!

hi linda !!

like those old models !!

if my memory still good ,i remember the front carrier on that model of sled......even i think ...olympique 12/3 with a wheel instead of skis...

just tought about that...my mom was racing that model on lac saumon back then !!!look at the suspension !!!!...hahahaha!!!

still cold....-23 c and blue sky...windy !!

jean-guy

Wow Jean-Guy!!

You better get busy and find a picture of your mom racing on Lac Saumon!!

Send out an email to the family...tell them you are looking for a picture and see if they have one to email you!

Get busy...before there is a snow storm in the Gaspesie!!

Linda

hi linda !!

like those old models !!

if my memory still good ,i remember the front carrier on that model of sled......even i think ...olympique 12/3 with a wheel instead of skis...

just tought about that...my mom was racing that model on lac saumon back then !!!look at the suspension !!!!...hahahaha!!!

still cold....-23 c and blue sky...windy !!

I can fondly remember when we started riding in the mid-sixties, all the sleds and tools we use to carry, gas blowing on our coats from the carburetor, etc. We have come a long way in this sport and all of us heading on 60 have a lot of great memories from the early days of this great adventure, thanks for posting these pictures they are really nice, now groomer DO A SNOW DANCE OR SOMETHING OUT ON THE GASPE!!!

jean-guy

hi quebec bob !!

even if i was very young ..still remember that time.started sledding at 4 y/o....and ya suit was smelling gas... etc !!

remember going to oval races outside st donat ,south of rimouski with my oldest brother.ski doo ...ski roule and sno jet were popular back then..

blizzard 775 with chromed skis...it was the ''bomb '' back in 72 !!

said it before .....i ve seen 52 spark plugs in the back rest of an olympique ...must be 73, i think...hahha!!

remember ,back in 72 ...a guy from carleton ..he was the owner of the motel fanni there..he was coming in town alone ...there was no groomed trail .....he had a nordic ...it was the ''grand touring '' back then !!

i know in the family we have pics of old sleds...but they are '' slides ''..

going to the lake ,12 miles outside town..it was quite an adventure !!now..15 mins ..you re there !!

light blowing snow right now....-25 c !!

jean-guy

Jean-Guy,

Funny how you are posting the old sleds, but you didn't share what you know about the new one for 2014!!

Come on, spit it out!

Linda

Jean-Guy,

Funny how you are posting the old sleds, but you didn't share what you know about the new one for 2014!!

Come on, spit it out!

Linda

I'm all ears! turbo 1200 Renegade maybe???? please, please, please!

I'm all ears! turbo 1200 Renegade maybe???? please, please, please!

hi linda and gade_guy !!

i just read phil's thread ,linda you could be a great spy !!!

about the same info than phil's thread.....read that one guy saw a '' prototype '' at le cabanon !!

same weather here,very light snow ,windy and -23 c !!!

jean-guy