Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

I'm all ears! turbo 1200 Renegade maybe???? please, please, please!

hi linda and gade_guy !!

i just read phil's thread ,linda you could be a great spy !!!

about the same info than phil's thread.....read that one guy saw a '' prototype '' at le cabanon !!

same weather here,very light snow ,windy and -23 c !!!

jean-guy

Hey J-G

Federation site shows a snow storm there today and warns of the groomers being out.

Federatrion site shows Yellow/green for all trails through your area.

Hope this is true !!

Are the recent pictures you posted of the ungroomed and groomed trails old ones or new ?

Still hoping we will get your way first week of Feb.

We are all doing snow dance here but just getting cold weather and little snow.

Hopefully you are out grooming!

Edited by EXT

Hey J-G

Federation site shows a snow storm there today and warns of the groomers being out.

Hope this is true !!

Are the recent pictures you posted of the ungroomed and groomed trails old ones or new ?

hi graham !!

first of all ,sorry if pics are more related to fishing than sledding !!..hahah !!just took them half an hr ago.

from what i ve read on the net ....amqui ...rimouski -matane groomed this week.....but be careful with that...it doesn t mean that trails are a-1 everywhere...my 2cents!!

anqui is 12 miles west from here and on the french forum ..the groomer operator for that club is posting that conditons are a-1 and invite everyone to ride in the valley !!

i know there s more snow west from us...but there limits !!can t believe its perfect to go in town there!!

last week i went to the new holland dealer in amqui...behind the select hotel and ambassadeur hotel....exit (trail ) was on ice..the hill beside the a-c dealer was on ice too...

so ,i can t believe their trail conditions are waaay better than us......especially in the fields..

i know that the operator in albertville is very worried about grooming ......windy here since 6-7-8 days in a row.

..and for my side of tq 5 toward cross point ,its has been plowed at 2 places for 7-8 miles...and with no snow ..hard to do a great job with that..

hope to see the operator from albertville tomorrow or saturday and talk about that.

even if we groom ,don t expect late february conditions...it ll be thin and icy at many places..

i ll keep you posted !!

jean-guy

Hey J-G

Hope this is true !!

hi graham !!

first of all ,sorry if pics are more related to fishing than sledding !!..hahah !!just took them half an hr ago.

from what i ve read on the net ....amqui ...rimouski -matane groomed this week.....but be careful with that...it doesn t mean that trails are a-1 everywhere...my 2cents!!

anqui is 12 miles west from here and on the french forum ..the groomer operator for that club is posting that conditons are a-1 and invite everyone to ride in the valley !!

i know there s more snow west from us...but there limits !!can t believe its perfect to go in town there!!

last week i went to the new holland dealer in amqui...behind the select hotel and ambassadeur hotel....exit (trail ) was on ice..the hill beside the a-c dealer was on ice too...

so ,i can t believe their trail conditions are waaay better than us......especially in the fields..

i know that the operator in albertville is very worried about grooming ......windy here since 6-7-8 days in a row.

..and for my side of tq 5 toward cross point ,its has been plowed at 2 places for 7-8 miles...and with no snow ..hard to do a great job with that..

hope to see the operator from albertville tomorrow or saturday and talk about that.

even if we groom ,don t expect late february conditions...it ll be thin and icy at many places..

i ll keep you posted !!

jean-guy

Edited by groomer

hi graham !!

i ll keep you posted !!

jean-guy

Thanks so much!

Hopefully some snow btwn now and early Feb.

Otherwise I guess we will be staying in Northern NB that week.

I hate having only limited speaking ( and no writing ) abilties in French.

My fault I guess when younger....

You are a great help.

Graham

hi all !!

if this can bring you a smile....im on my way to groom st alexandre and the lake.

just back from ex-operator ...still very windy up the hills.

snowed a bit last night..

i ll be on tq 5 tomorrow !!

-16c ,grey sky with a bit of blue...time to time!!!

ps: linda......jean-pierre made the sicle bar !!!...works great !!

albertville groomed their side during the night..587 included !!

jean-guy

Edited by groomer

hi all !!

back from grooming st alexandre...lac saumon...8-milles !! !!

from icy to 6 '' of snow..depending where you are....in town ,its poor but rideable.

very windy and blowing snow.

-16c...i ll be on tq 5 tomorrow..

only 3 sleds between 1 30 pm and 9 pm.

jean-guy

Looks good footprints and all... :drinks:

hi phil !!!

hahahahahah!!!!....thx for your appreciation !!

waiting to go to grocery at 8 30 ...then on tq 5 !!

grey sky...snowing very lightly and -18c !!

jean-guy :drinks:

looks like the wind is at least filling in the low spots... maybe some 10-15cm of snow mid week they are saying but no big storms on the horizon, let's hope february brings some moisture to the Gaspe

hi all !!

left at 9 15 am...back at 6 30 pm...mostly windy all day.

the long straight west of ste marguerite is not too bad ...icy at the beginning ,starting at the corner of causapscal -ste florence - and ste marguerite..once on top of the hill ,not too bad..

at the 90' corner.....the first 1.5 miles going east lots of ice...ride on the side ...the rest is not too bad..on a scale from 0 to 10...5.5 -6 .. !!

the new clearcut bring a lot of wind and drifts...i ll post later.

not much traffic...maybe 20 sleds.

cook and waitress were at the warming shack preparing meals...hahhahahha!!!

also ,nor too bad in town...not tons of snow ..but not bad.

ps: hard times to take pics..hope camera is not kaputt !!!

Jean-Guy great pics as well I hope everything is well bc.gif

hi bobby !!

thx !!everything is ok...just tougher on the mental this season because of low snow and parts of plowed trails !!

not use to that !!

stilll windy here,very light snow and -15c !!

on my way to see the ladies in albertville !!....hhahhaha!!!

Thanks for the pics.

It appears we are a go for your area first week in Feb.

I have not been any further that the Albertville club.( ran out of snow last March)

We plan to stay on tq 5 till Amqui area first night( coming from Point La Croix). Do some local running that afternoon and eve after dropping the saddle bags.

Then head out probably 587 to 579 and such ending up on 569 to Deglais and into Edmunston for the next night.( any suggestions would be appreciated as all new area to me past Albertville)

Run down through Moose Valley and area in NB and then back to Campbellton for Sat night.

Thanks for the great pics.

Hopefully we can sometime meet .

Graham

Looks like conditions are slowly starting to improve.

Should be nearly perfect for the rain that is coming! ARGHH!!! I think I will get a new 4 wheeler! Anyone else notice the new warm suits for 4 wheeling! I think its a sign!

hi all !!

steven ...even if it was nt much,was happy with the snow where trail has been plowed east of the 90' corner !!wind has been a good help !!

bulldozed snow banks at a few places..just too bad ''bull '' is only one position.

few extra inches will help to fix the ''natural whooops '' !!

graham...no problems if you want to meet me..just pm me before coming up ...i ll advise the waitress to call me, if im not grooming that day.

as for the suggestions...sorry,not sure if i understood ?????..places to stay or ride ???

tons of peoples for breakfast at clubhouse!!

p-2 is the looong straight before going down the last hill before st fidele cb..on my way back.top of the hill.

p-3...corner before that long straight ^^^^^^^^^^^^^..trail has been plowed up to there.