Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi mike -jack and sandy !!

ya..very hard to believe !!

spent time with ex operator this morning..his yard was kind of flooded..he groomed for 30 years + and never seen a winter like that.

one of the worse winter i ever seen..can t remember exactly 87 or 88 ...on grass for christmas....and on april 10th ,i was at the lake ( gathering ) with my truck !!

saw the waitress at the grocery last monday...boring for her at the clubhouse .

...and yes..must go back on the trail before snow start again to ''lift '' the signs/sticks !!

jean-guy

hi mike -jack and sandy !!

ya..very hard to believe !!

spent time with ex operator this morning..his yard was kind of flooded..he groomed for 30 years + and never seen a winter like that.

one of the worse winter i ever seen..can t remember exactly 87 or 88 ...on grass for christmas....and on april 10th ,i was at the lake ( gathering ) with my truck !!

saw the waitress at the grocery last monday...boring for her at the clubhouse .

...and yes..must go back on the trail before snow start again to ''lift '' the signs/sticks !!

jean-guy

Amazing in a very bad way.

Oh Well gonna have to work next week after all.So much fr sledding vacation!

We are rebooking for week of Feb 20 I guess.

Hopefully things will be back to whatever normal is by then.

J-G we will eventually meet.

Northern NB took a hard hit from this storm as well and trails closed there.

Here on South Shore(Bridgewater area) of NS we have all bare ground.+ 10 today and very heavy rain and winds gusting 90 kph.

Guess I will be putting some wood in the basement now that the snow is off the pile.

I would much rather be in QC on my sled though.

As I have always said "Mother Nature can be a fickle Bitch at times" This is one of them.

Amazing in a very bad way.

Oh Well gonna have to work next week after all.So much fr sledding vacation!

We are rebooking for week of Feb 20 I guess.

Hopefully things will be back to whatever normal is by then.

J-G we will eventually meet.

Northern NB took a hard hit from this storm as well and trails closed there.

Here on South Shore(Bridgewater area) of NS we have all bare ground.+ 10 today and very heavy rain and winds gusting 90 kph.

Guess I will be putting some wood in the basement now that the snow is off the pile.

I would much rather be in QC on my sled though.

As I have always said "Mother Nature can be a fickle Bitch at times" This is one of them.

hi graham !!

ya..best thing to do..re-booking !!

-3c right now!!

pic from a friend in ste marguerite.....if you remember...tq 5 is along the road by the trees.

...and usually ..the house behind trees...snow banks is higher than the house !!

jean-guy

Dear Jean-Guy

I think I discovered who stole your snow!!

The neighbours just to my west!

Michigan got lots of snow!

Get your coat and head west young man! I will get you at the train station in Sarnia!

Linda

Dear Jean-Guy

I think I discovered who stole your snow!!

The neighbours just to my west!

Michigan got lots of snow!

Get your coat and head west young man! I will get you at the train station in Sarnia!

Linda

hi linda !!

hahahaha!!!

happy for them!!i ll be glad to go ....but something is missing ????

passport !!......whooopss!!

blue sky day here!!....-21c !!

jean-guy

Hi Jean - Guy,

Dam !!!! Love that Pic .......Wish that was today

CrazySnow.

hi crazysnow !!

yaaaa....thx !!

im scratching my head...can t remember where i took that pic !!

i looked at many thousand pics today...

no mosquitos tonight...-23 c now !!

jean-guy :drinks:

Keep up the good spirits JG, you're gonna be working overtime soon.

Like the pic with the bulls plot

JG

Plowright not plot ooops

Ah man this iPad sucks for spelling plow not plot

hi j-g !!

thx..i should take more like that...different from the grooming ones.

saw on the news that temps will be warmer in your area.hope this will bring snow !!

sunny here and -25c.

posting pics keep the spirit up !!!

except for pic 1....on my way to local trail for ste marguerite...can see the trail for the lake on the hill behind..

all pics coming back from the lake.

jean-guy

Ahhh snow! Thanks Jean-Guy...it sure makes me feel better to see that!

Be ready! It's coming !!

good morning linda !!

good for you !!

might have to prepare mentally ...after so many days without grooming ,might have to use the alarm clock !!

hahhahhha!!

jean-guy

Jean - Guy get Big Blue ready !!! Where Coming Buddy !!!

The Man doing what he dose BEST !!!

hi crazysnow !!

great !!!

need more snow !!

about 1'' of fresh snow this morning...still snowing lightly + windy !!...-10c

jean-guy

hi crazysnow !!

great !!!

need more snow !!

about 1'' of fresh snow this morning...still snowing lightly + windy !!...-10c

jean-guy

hHi J-G

We just got about 1 ' in total over last 2 days here.

Hopefully you will soon get some there.

Our snow is the light fluffy stuff but will help cover the Ice that is on our trails here.

We need some mild weather for it to be packable and groomable though.

We ended up with mainly Bare ground and some icey spots here on South Shore of NS after that recent rain/meltdown.

Hope to meet up with you in a couple of weeks time.

Graham

hHi J-G

We just got about 1 ' in total over last 2 days here.

Hopefully you will soon get some there.

Our snow is the light fluffy stuff but will help cover the Ice that is on our trails here.

We need some mild weather for it to be packable and groomable though.

We ended up with mainly Bare ground and some icey spots here on South Shore of NS after that recent rain/meltdown.

Hope to meet up with you in a couple of weeks time.

Graham

hi graham !!

im moving !!!...hahaha!!

not much luck for us again...it was snowing this morning..about 2'' ....windy right now ...still grey sky and -10c !!

p-1 mont blanc ..park matane

p-2...mont logan...(towers )...faribault camp....far right..mid pic..trail 595 ....from right to left .

p-3 mont albert...gaspesie park !!

took pics from duniere reserve...25-30 east from town.

jean-guy

In case anyone was wondering what it's like to go with Jean-Guy to the camp or the back county.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnalBv_5aEo

In case anyone was wondering what it's like to go with Jean-Guy to the camp or the back county.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnalBv_5aEo

yo linda !!

close to that !!great time...i wish i could know how many thousand miles i have ridden in the woods!!

started riding alone at 12 !!

pics from this morning...our 2'' of fresh snow is all gone..blown by the wind !!

big blue feel lonely there !!

blue sky ,very windy and - 18 c .

jean-guy

Hi Jean-Guy...

Almost unbeleviable the lack of snow everywhere. Everyone heading to West Quebec, it is going to be a mess there, maybe they can hire you to groom some of the bumps... :drinks:

If we don't get to the Gaspesie this winter maybe we will do a tour in the summer on bikes, I have some guys interested, time will tell. 8)

Hi Jean-Guy...

Almost unbeleviable the lack of snow everywhere. Everyone heading to West Quebec, it is going to be a mess there, maybe they can hire you to groom some of the bumps... :drinks:

If we don't get to the Gaspesie this winter maybe we will do a tour in the summer on bikes, I have some guys interested, time will tell. 8)

I'm in on bikes Phil. Always wanted to bike that penninsula!

Tom

Hi Jean-Guy...

hi phil !!

very sad indeed !!no traffic at all here.i thought that winter 87 or 88 was bad...but this one is nt too nice right now.i see more 4 wheelrs right now than sleds.

my newphew bought a 800 summit with 2.5 ''...'' lugs'' ,only 3 week ends of riding..1300 km .no riding for him since at least 2 weeks.he was riding mostly at the faribault camp..trail 595 .

maybe i should call fcmq ..for grooming..who knows !!

abitibi is very nice..big lakes..huge rivers....but its flat compared to gaspesie..fun to go up hill and down hill while grooming !!

gaspesie is very nice during summer too.you won t regret ..if i can find a thread about gaspesie (summer pics ) i ll pm it to you !!

winter should be like the pic....taken march 23 th 08...that year ,my last run was on april 2 or 3 th..after a 1' storm or so !!nice drifts that day !!

trail for the lake right behind my truck..at the farm.about 1 mile from where i took the pic this morning

jean-guy :drinks:

Hi Jean-Guy...

I was thinking that yesterday that they should bring some groomers up to the areas with snow and broken or busy groomers! But I know we talk about this here in Ontario all the time too. The areas with snow are in need and the areas with no snow have a lovely groomer sitting there doing nothing!

I'm in on bikes Phil. Always wanted to bike that penninsula!

Tom

We talking 4 wheelers or motorcycles?

I was thinking that yesterday that they should bring some groomers up to the areas with snow and broken or busy groomers! But I know we talk about this here in Ontario all the time too. The areas with snow are in need and the areas with no snow have a lovely groomer sitting there doing nothing!

We talking 4 wheelers or motorcycles?

My Gold Wing Linda!

Linda Motorcycles. Just attach the hard bags and off I go... :drinks: :drinks:

Trailblazer been to Tail of Dragon before, there are lots of better areas to ride in SE US but the Tail is a cool place to visit.

Edited by Phil 1