Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Hi groomer..hope your ready cause its commin..I have a question.What happens when you have a season like this one with the fees for the trails.Where we are there is not more than 25 members in the club..What happens when they run out of money for diesel fuel for the cat..Where does more fuel come from if the club has not enough members.Do you guys pass the buck to another club..or just drink it..lol..just kidding...Just curious how it works....jack

Hi groomer..hope your ready cause its commin..I have a question.What happens when you have a season like this one with the fees for the trails.Where we are there is not more than 25 members in the club..What happens when they run out of money for diesel fuel for the cat..Where does more fuel come from if the club has not enough members.Do you guys pass the buck to another club..or just drink it..lol..just kidding...Just curious how it works....jack

Hi Jack!

How many passes did you buy this year and where is 'Ile Bizzard'?

Linda

We bought 4 from Mont-sainte-Pierre Ymmie dealer.The club doesnt even have close to 50 members.No one rides the trail.Like some people you and I know.They think since they only just do a few ks here and there on them.They dont need a pass.Yes the skandics too.They are missing the point.Locals think like that too.Cops are just too far between.They are down in the south.We have wardens to make sure your not in the park.Usually see one every couple of rides.They check our tracks often to see if we go into the parks.These guys carry guns.Never seen a cop on the trails or cop sleds anywhere in my area.Too few of them for sure. jack

hi jack !!

this is a 100.00$$ question !!!...hahhahah !!

i don t know everything about the club !!

trail passes help to pay for fuel...parts.....oil filters...hydraulic filters..parts...my salary ...etc...etc !!

i won t go to far with that ,because i m not sure if it s still work that way ..federation pay $$$ per miles.

small clubs like yours on the north side should receive subventions...

this very honest ..in the yesteryears..i know that early march ..mid march til april ,budget for fuel was kaputt ...but we never slowed down on grooming or tried to find an excuses to stop grooming !!

remember grooming april 5 th...went up to ste marguerite that night...i had spent the day with 2 guys from hamilton ,ont sledding off the trail.

remember grooming tq 5... 3x a week (heavy traffic )+ local trails 1 x a week ..i was busy !!

it was grooming-computer-couch-bed ...all week ...hahhahaha!!

jean-guy :drinks:

Groomer I Hope the Weather Forecasts Is ...... :search: right this time !!! I might get to see you after all :drinks:

hi crazysnow !!!

yaaa...hope they are right this time !!!...if they re wrong ,im moving to PA til moose hunting!!..hahhaha!!!

boring here at home !!!

still grey sky ,-2c !!

talked with a friend at the grocery this morning..he said that trail in town was very icy .....

send a pm if you come up !!!

hi phil and john !!

2 channels is to cut the wind...so ,after a storm it help a lot grooming the last 600' going east.....snow is always poor most of the time and no traction...doing the channels..less snow !!

...but when cleaning channels after a storm and there s heavy traffic.....it can confuse sledders coming from cross point !!

some think its the express lane for clubhouse !!if you look closely on one pic ,you can see sled tracks !!

jean-guy

hi phil and john !!

2 channels is to cut the wind...so ,after a storm it help a lot grooming the last 600' going east.....snow is always poor most of the time and no traction...doing the channels..less snow !!

...but when cleaning channels after a storm and there s heavy traffic.....it can confuse sledders coming from cross point !!

some think its the express lane for clubhouse !!if you look closely on one pic ,you can see sled tracks !!

jean-guy

Very Nice pics JG !!! Hope you get some new pics this weekend :drinks: .

hi all !!!

thx gt rider...when you take tons of pics....easier to take good ones !!and it keep the '' imagination '' to work !!!

crazysnow and jack !!

hope i ll get buried !!!

must be around +5c..blue sky day !!....reminds me when i used to go riding in mid april faribault camp area !!

went fueling machine this morning....just need to load the batteries of camera !!

in this post ,some pics are from april 2th....

pic 2 ...90' corner is one mile back....on the left side of the trail...no more trees there !!it ll be very windy and good place for drifts !!

jean-guy

We are all hoping it will come.

My group is booked into Campbelton NB for next Wed , Select Otel in Amqui for Thurs,Quality Inn Edmunston Friday and back to Campbelton for Saturday.Trailer back to NS Sunday.

So far based on forecast we havn't cancelled but will have to make a decision by Tues next week I guess.

Hopefully you will get this weekend what we got last weekend. 1.5 ft of snow. We had 140 km gusts with it here though.

Hoping you just get snow.

Hope to meet JG on the trail somewhere.

We all need snow LOL.

EXT

if too much overtime jg...i ll pm you !!...time for you to begin grooming 101 !!..if not i ll pm linda !!

i ll be '' rusted '' for sure !! better bring extra coffee !!

graham ...

if we have tons of snow early in the week i ll be on tq 5 ...then on thursday or friday ,back on tq 5 again.i ll try not to forget and tell where ill be !!

if im on a local trail..no problems for you ..the one for st alexandre connect with the one for amqui !!!

jean-guy

J G Hope to see u next week.

Linda hope you are right.

If not I guess we will just keep driving in truck and trailer till we hit big snow.

Then find a place to stay and head out fr there.

Winter Vacation is hard to come by . I cancelled once already 2 weeks ago as no snow.

Total of 50 miles on sled this year.

All fun miles with my 5 year old on front but I feel the need fr some nice long runs .

Winter usually satisfy's my need fr speed. Not so this winter YET!

Dear Jean-Guy

I can't believe how many of those pictures I recognize the 'location'!!

The second one is the salmon ladder at the lake! I remember climbing the big snow bank there last winter!!

I am not having much luck with my ride next week...so I just asked Joe if he'd pick me up from the Gaspesie middle of March!

Now...we need snow so I can get there!

You must be out of my home made spaghetti sauce by now....

I know I will ride to the camp this year....I have ordered some snow to be brought in!!

Be ready!

Linda

PS Happy Valentines Day Jean-Guy!! You have a big heart!!! Thanks for all you do for us in QR xo

:air_kiss:

Dear Jean-Guy

I can't believe how many of those pictures I recognize the 'location'!!

The second one is the salmon ladder at the lake! I remember climbing the big snow bank there last winter!!

I am not having much luck with my ride next week...so I just asked Joe if he'd pick me up from the Gaspesie middle of March!

Now...we need snow so I can get there!

You must be out of my home made spaghetti sauce by now....

I know I will ride to the camp this year....I have ordered some snow to be brought in!!

Be ready!

Linda

PS Happy Valentines Day Jean-Guy!! You have a big heart!!! Thanks for all you do for us in QR xo

:air_kiss:

hi linda !!

glad that you recognized places on the pics !!

could be an idea to come back in the gaspesie !! i ll welcome you in town !!

you re absolutely right,out of spag sauce and no more brownies !!...im hungry and starving !!!..hahhaa!!!

well , i could show you new trails...off the trail riding !!

btw ...happy valentines day !!

your official gaspesian groomer operator !!...hahhaha!!!

jean-guy :drinks: <<<<<<< redwood !!!... :air_kiss:

Hey JG have you ever considered going professional with your photography? Like weddings and stuff.

hi jg !!

whoooops !! wrong department !!!...yes and no...way too shy to take pics in a public places !!i could faint and fall in the arms of the bride !!!

she ll have to give me c p r !!..hahahha!!

i refused a few friends weddings and 50 th anniversary ....even if someone offer me big money...i rather stay poor than go alone in a public .....just hell for me !!

remember my ''super speech '' at the gathering !!wooow !! its has been very tough !!...hahahha!!!

back in the 80' and early 90 's i was taking tons of mx racing pics....then when i quit racing ,started to go to my camp more often to look for mooses.

now.....my pics are 99.9999999%...scenery....wildlife and grooming !!

anyway ,i need to learn a lot more about photography ..im only an amateur !!

ps: wedding are on week ends......i won t quit going to camp !!!