Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi playhard and neksldr  !!!

yaa...hope it ll bring luck !!!

first one in a few years ...before i was riding a lot more...75-100 miles a day ...often...to look for antlers

i know a few spots where moose spend winter ....the problem is....still cold at this time of the year...put extra clothes ....so , im not much interested to walk half or 1 hr to look for them ...when im 25-40 miles from home ...im not interested to freeze on my 4w on my way back ...

yaaa...always a good thrill when i find one...not too many guys looking for them ...1  guy i know and maybe a few guides from duniere reserve...

that patch of wood ,north of the road....few moose spent winter there....just looking at the trees...and there s another spot about 2 miles north ...need to check at least on the road...

i wish i could walk 1hr or 2 ...but im not interested...rather ride !!!

jean-guy

antlr.jpg

50 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Same here!

hi jackstraw !!!

ahaha.....but  most of the time i feel guilty not to take a few mins and look around 

on that map ...about 10 years ago....for 3 years in a row , found one in that spot ...within a radius of 100' of the other ones..

thats at the '' border '' of duniere reserve and park matane !!!

1 hr ride north of my camp !!!

jean-guy

bran nord.jpg

Hey JG. 

Many years ago David and I were on the old 386 trail north of Amos.  Most deserted trail I ever rode on. Anyway I was last and David started waving his arms and wanting me to go bye him.  Then off his sled and ran back on by me. Out of the snow he pulls a moose shed. I ask why did you wave me bye and his answer was I didn't want you to see it and get it first. Still have it in our cabin and we often laugh about finding it. Only shed we have ever found in Quebec.  

2 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

Hey JG. 

Many years ago David and I were on the old 386 trail north of Amos.  Most deserted trail I ever rode on. Anyway I was last and David started waving his arms and wanting me to go bye him.  Then off his sled and ran back on by me. Out of the snow he pulls a moose shed. I ask why did you wave me bye and his answer was I didn't want you to see it and get it first. Still have it in our cabin and we often laugh about finding it. Only shed we have ever found in Quebec.  

bonsoir shore1066 !!!

haaha...always fun to find one when its not expected !!!

the earliest one i  ever found ...back in 00 or 01 ...while looking for moose ...about 35 miles from home....dec 3 th ...there was already a few inches of snow !!!

ill try again for my camp as soon as possible...maybe tomorrow if weather permit !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0506.JPG

DSC_0291.JPG

DSC_0528.JPG

DSC_0426.JPG

Edited by groomer

27 minutes ago, neksledr said:

Lots of great pics JG! That doe looks heavy with child, should be dropping in a week or two

bonjour neksledr !!!

merci .....you' re better than me....did nt notice about the doe....thats why i guess she s not moving too fast...she was still there friday when i came back home...lot closer to the road...did nt stop

went to check the road yesterday for a friend  .... .....i might bring my 4w today at my camp  ....road is almost dry everywhere...

next weekend ...there will be still snow in the woods...

jean-guy

DSC_0943.JPG

DSC_0946.JPG

DSC_0947.JPG

DSC_0940.JPG

DSC_0937.JPG

DSC_0936.JPG

DSC_0948.JPG

DSC_0979.JPG

DSC_0977.JPG

DSC_0938.JPG

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

I see your getting pictures of all types of wild life.....John Deere and Tigercats!

bonjour smclelan !!!

great observation !!! fun to see moose....different wild life...fun too !!!

i ve been lucky ...even if it was windy ...they could nt  smell me...i could approach them very closely...😛

same guy who harvested the trees before hill with antler...

back from camp...brought my 4w....raining !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0624.JPG

DSC_0592.JPG

DSC_0603.JPG

DSC_0679.JPG

DSC_0663.JPG

DSC_0633.JPG

DSC_0590.JPG

11 hours ago, artsled said:

Always great pics!😍😍👍🏼👍🏼

bonjour artsled !!!

merci ....not much pics last weekend ...stayed north side of the camp at night ...not much to see there....can t cross the brook yet......water level still too high ...all clearcuts are on that side...too big detour to go there...

still cold weather......rainy and windy ...

jean-guy

DSC_0759.JPG

DSC_0710.JPG

DSC_0754.JPG

DSC_0780.JPG

DSC_0954.JPG

DSC_0988.JPG

DSC_1036.JPG

DSC_1045.JPG

DSC_1074.JPG

On 6/8/2019 at 6:38 AM, artsled said:

Great pics Jean ! 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

bonjour artsled !!!

merci ....back from camp ...even if sunny ...windy and cold....-2c at 5 30 am yesterday 

still no mosquitoes !!!😛

5 moose ....still lots of snow mt logan area !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1147.JPG

DSC_1171.JPG

DSC_1214.JPG

DSC_1227.JPG

DSC_1309.JPG

DSC_1322.JPG

DSC_1375.JPG

DSC_1397.JPG

DSC_1413.JPG

DSC_1434.JPG

DSC_1175.JPG