Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

Looking good Buddy.  Things are greening up in the Gaspesie.

hi smclelan !!!

about time...few mosquitoes...oldest brother went with one of my b i l today ,at the 17 miles on logging rd...on a side road...still snow for 30'  !!!...ahhaa

mt albert no much snow left ....mt blanc still some..

back from looking at the moon ..up the road for ste marguerite !!!

jean-guy

DSC_2000.JPG

DSC_1939.JPG

DSC_1898.JPG

DSC_1954.JPG

DSC_1947.JPG

DSC_1978.JPG

bonsoir !!!

talked with a friend today on my way back from work at the grocery...

he works on the duniere reserve....east of here.....still drifts 3 -5 ' high !!!

duniere reserve border park matane and block faribault....faribault camp...

jean-guy

DSC_1699.JPG

DSC_1681.JPG

bonsoir !!!

few pics from the weekend....very windy saturday and sunday !!! saw 12 moose...best night ,last night...9 

millions of mosquitoes....

btw, last night , i stopped at the lake for a few soft drink....one of my friend was there...don t see him much....so, he was telling me that last season ,he went riding in the mts valin...

told me ....i met a guy who knew you...scratching his head to remember his name...i found it ...the guy is here on qr ...so , if you remember.... leopold ...

they started spraying for bud worms this morning ...plane flew right over the camp around 4 30 am.....funny !!

...and i stopped at 17 miles on my way to camp....just a bit of snow left !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1472.JPG

DSC_2185.JPG

DSC_2350.JPG

DSC_2409.JPG

DSC_2508.JPG

DSC_2214.JPG

DSC_1433.JPG

DSC_2114.JPG

DSC_2313.JPG

DSC_2430.JPG

DSC_2059.JPG

DSC_1467.JPG

DSC_1397.JPG

DSC_1372.JPG

DSC_2036.JPG

DSC_2078.JPG

DSC_1277.JPG

DSC_1284.JPG

DSC_1303.JPG

DSC_1341.JPG

WOW ! Great photo's. Some of which captured a high number of pesky mosquitos / fly's / no-see-ums buzzing about, reminding me why I prefer winter over summer when in the northern outdoors. :  )   When I spend anytime outdoors in Northern NH at this time of the year I am eaten alive.

JG, Thanks for sharing .  

11 hours ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

WOW ! Great photo's. Some of which captured a high number of pesky mosquitos / fly's / no-see-ums buzzing about, reminding me why I prefer winter over summer when in the northern outdoors. :  )   When I spend anytime outdoors in Northern NH at this time of the year I am eaten alive.

JG, Thanks for sharing .  

bonjour paddy o !!!

merci !!!....if memory still good....this year ...probably the worse for mosquitoes...normally at my camp...not that bad...

always a few making '' donuts '' over my head while sleeping....ahaha

just lucky it has been windy ...could have been worse !!!

first post ...pic with bird....flat tire.....broken wing on one side !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1416.JPG

DSC_1293.JPG

DSC_2032.JPG

DSC_2155.JPG

DSC_2024.JPG

7 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Very tall photographer?...

IMG_20190701_222146_edit.thumb.png.e19fe2fe1e295c6e60510585acafee7d.png

bonjour playhard !!!

great thinking ....1.5 miles from my camp ....2 friday ago....i was coming down the hill ,on the right side....moose started road racing with me...

great weekend for pics !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1558.JPG

DSC_1563.JPG

DSC_1506.JPG

DSC_1612.JPG

DSC_1599.JPG

DSC_1613.JPG

DSC_1546.JPG

DSC_2623.JPG

DSC_1524.JPG

Great pictures as always JG! Keep up the good work! Those raised hunting platforms, who builds those? Are they privately owned by citizens or hunting outfits? I assume you have a couple around. Thanks

5 hours ago, jak said:

Great pictures as always JG! Keep up the good work! Those raised hunting platforms, who builds those? Are they privately owned by citizens or hunting outfits? I assume you have a couple around. Thanks

bonjour jak !!!

merci !!! owned by citizens...guys like you and me.....its on the z e c ......you must pay to fish and hunt....even to circulate...i always buy my annual season pass to circulate....111.00$$

one of the best for moose hunting in pq !!! can remember exactly....around 825-850 hunters for moose hunting ...

before , where my camp is....it was dad...back in the 60's and 70's and at the lake , 5 miles away where i go to party ...it was a private club....dad was a member...dad had a cabin there til 72 maybe....and the camp...

turned to z e c in 76 or 79 ...so, some members at the lake were mad and sold there cabins ...because i guess , afraid of too many people around them ....fishing and hunting ...

the platforms are 8-10 miles from my camp...we have a few....next to camp...

be sure ...as soon there s a new clearcut .....new platforms.......

lots of rain today ...no see em and mosquitoes welcomed me after lunch !!!

z e c.....zone d exploitation controlée..........controlled exploitation zone !!!

guys like me who owns a cabin on the z e c ...we all have a little area to hunt ....about 2 miles by 1.5 miles for us.......some have a lot more...

jean-guy

DSC_2539.JPG

DSC_2514.JPG

DSC_2524.JPG

DSC_2518.JPG

11 hours ago, artsled said:

Think snow Jean !👍❄️❄️☃️☃️☃️😂😂😂

bonjour artsled !!!

great to hear from you !!!

ahhaha...still a bit early ...need to enjoy more time riding my 4w !!!

better temps now....4c this morning at 5 am...sunny and windy ...

bad with black flies and mosquitoes !!!

pic taken by a guy from gaspé.........maybe last monday .....but at least in july somewhere in the gaspesie park...

jean-guy

nor.jpg

Great pictures as usual JG! Just curious, do you carry a weapon when your out in the middle of nowhere alone? Rifle, handgun? Just being nosy, don't answer if you don't want.

40 minutes ago, jak said:

Great pictures as usual JG! Just curious, do you carry a weapon when your out in the middle of nowhere alone? Rifle, handgun? Just being nosy, don't answer if you don't want.

bonjour jak !!!

merci !!!

i have an old rifle in the camp ....just in case....but i don t bring it with me while riding...stay in the camp !!!

i ve been surprised twice by a black bear ...one right in the yard of the camp....back in 2014  and maybe 10 years ago ,while walking in the woods..

the one in the yard....right after i unloaded my stuff in the truck....i was at the table enjoying a cold one....that black bear appeared right in the yard.....

i used to walk tons of miles in the woods....not much now...

jean-guy

01 06 14 019.jpg

01 06 14 020.jpg

01 06 14 022.jpg

01 06 14 027.jpg

01 06 14 032.jpg

7 hours ago, Je me souviens said:

Bonjour Jean Guy, 

Love the hunting stand picture. That guy has a good sense of humor...

bonjour je me souviens !!!

yaaa...funny  !!! to keep '' strangers '' away during moose hunting !!!

about 5 years ago....3 guys ( journalists ) from cbc in french ,disguised like hunters ...came in the valley to make a reportage about moose hunting and those hunters who take too much ''territory '' for their hunting on the z e c ...they have nt been welcomed...

they ve been on that road....and bs started with a hunter half a mile from that stand...

about 10 miles from my camp !!!

jean-guy

DSC_2023.JPG

DSC_2105.JPG

DSC_1874.JPG

DSC_3369.JPG

DSC_1930.JPG

DSC_1868.JPG