Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

7 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

A grande TBK to you!  And super glad you're OK!

Sorry none of us were passing by with a welcome wagon! 

Of course none of us are surprised that you take "adventure" in stride!...

939329798_MattersMost!.thumb.jpg.c34ffa5f909e580fe4af4969db734592.jpg

bonsoir playhard !!!

many merci !!!

happened maybe around 9 pm ...i don t wear a watch ....warm til 2 am maybe....then a bit colder...

i had plenty of coats....pants....mitts ...etc..

around 3 am ...my clothes started to get humid....but still ok ....

so, i left right after 4 30 am...

et voila !!!

i did nt want to post those pics...but ...first time in 20 years of grooming !!!

i let the roof light open all night to put a little bit of ambiance in the kitchen !!!!😀

jean-guy

DSC_9627.JPG

DSC_9633.JPG

DSC_9651.JPG

DSC_9660.JPG

2 hours ago, artsled said:

Wow! Quite the experience!!  Good to hear you made out 👌 ok

bonjour artsled !!!

yaaa...nice one !!!.. similar one happened to me back in 83-84 ....summer time.....i was next to nb border along  the patapedia river...stuck with dirt bike.....waited for my brother to arrive....2 am in the morning 

landed home at 6 am ..

-6c this morning ...few snow flakes...grey sky 

jean-guy

DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0164.JPG

On 2/2/2020 at 12:18 AM, smclelan said:

Hmmm? Didn't notice till Nyskidoo.......shire above mentioned it, JG what do you know about all the clothes spread around this clubhouse. What exactly are you grooming up there at night?  LOL

while typing , i concentrated too much on my post and translating .....i forgot to post those 2 pics !!!

im a professional !!!😀😀

jean-guy

DSC_9996.JPG

DSC_3084.JPG

3 hours ago, Pipeman said:

Now it all makes sense !!!!!

bonsoir pipeman !!!

of course !!! not bad hey the gaspesian motoneigistes ????...aahaha

on my way grooming tq  5 ...

mild temps.....-1c.....few snow flakes !!!

old pics !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0096.JPG

On 2/1/2020 at 9:35 AM, groomer said:

good morning blueblood and smclelan !!!

sorry for the confusion .......you don t pay attention to my pics !!!!....ahahahaha

i posted pics last tuesday ....you did nt see the smoke coming from exhaust !!!

while climbing first long west of st fidele cb monday ......turbo kaputt.....i was almost on top .....motor felt into protection ....i was on my way to shut the motor offto reset everything......then suddenly ...rpm went way up even if ignition was off...i went outside..took a few pics and look at the machine died there !!!

the mechanic from the tractor dealer in amqui with a friend went wednesday to check it ....mechanic was sure to fix it right on the trail ....so ,yesterday they went back and no luck ...hard time to start it ...so, i  met my friend last night coming back with my ex ...half a mile before going down long hill in ste marguerite

motor was running very poorly...he let my ex at the depanneur in ste marguerite ....and now im grooming with the groomer they have leased from the tractor dealer in amqui ..

the one i have right have less hp ...like bluebood said.....it ll make longer .....slower in big drifts ...etc...and extra quebec words while grooming !!!

did nt take long to realize there was less ponies under the hood !!!

jean-guy

DSC_9618.JPG

DSC_9751.JPG

DSC_9621.JPG

DSC_9615.JPG

DSC_9616.JPG

DSC_9757.JPG

DSC_9779.JPG

DSC_9786.JPG

DSC_9796.JPG

Looks like the injector pump died and the turbo started pulling oil out of the oil pan to run on, they usually start revving up big time.

39 minutes ago, sleddhead1 said:

Looks like the injector pump died and the turbo started pulling oil out of the oil pan to run on, they usually start revving up big time.

39 minutes ago, sleddhead1 said:

DSC_9757.JPG

Mmmmm... Injector pump... pulling... revving up big time...

32 minutes ago, sleddhead1 said:

bonsoir sleddhead !!!

you could be absolutely right , im not a diesel guru !!!

time to time muffler was blowing thick smoke  like on the pics for a few second...

and when it started...i was still in the cab ...motor was spitting oil at the bottom of the muffler......thats when i decided to quit the ship !!!

yesterday morning i went to the tractor dealer where the groomer is to recuperate the phone antenna....

they had removed the valve cover and the mechanic was on his way to lift the head....

i hope they ll fix it very quickly , already bored to groom with the one i have right now....need more hp .....very boring and make runs not much interesting !!!

just like doing the gaspesie loop with a little tundra instead of a renegade 850 !!!

jean-guy

DSC_3173.JPG

DSC_3148.JPG

bonjour !!!

about 6 '' now....around 4 am....checked by the window....was  nt snowing !!!

i ve seen worse....still  snowing mollo !!!

pics taken a round 10 am !!!

tq 5 tonight with my poutt-poutt !!!😀

-8c 

jean-guy

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_3259.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

Groomer have you noticed a increase in fuel usage with the less horsepower?  I have found with tractor trailers that less power does not mean more fuel efficient.  Have a good run I'm sure there will be some drift busting with the little bull lol.

good morning blueblood  and smclelan !!!

yes ....at least more fuel  ...and yes , i expect  a few drifts ....

might  be busy smclelan ....not too early and not too late....back on tq 5 tomorrow...i expect a long day !!!

i left around 3 pm ...snowing like crazy ...once at the gravel pit ...more windy ....at school bus...more rock'n roll ...and ste marguerite .....lot worse !!!

i turned around at the bottom of long hill , 4 miles east of ste marguerite... i did nt want to do camping tonight !!!!

back in the morning !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0061.JPG

DSC_0088.JPG

DSC_0081.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0168.JPG

DSC_0160.JPG

DSC_0091.JPG

DSC_0094.JPG

DSC_0112.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

DSC_0132.JPG

DSC_0150.JPG

DSC_0235.JPG

DSC_0216.JPG

bonsoir !!!

back from tq  5 ...glad i went last night ....once east of 90 ' corner...wOOOWWW...christmas there...lots of snow...many tourists were late...

11 hrs run .....roughly 75 sleds +

jean-guy

DSC_0261.JPG

DSC_0277.JPG

DSC_0283.JPG

DSC_0285.JPG

DSC_0287.JPG

DSC_0293.JPG

DSC_0295.JPG

DSC_0296.JPG

DSC_0318.JPG

DSC_0330.JPG

DSC_0346.JPG

DSC_0353.JPG

DSC_0364.JPG

DSC_3325.JPG

DSC_3354.JPG

DSC_3296.JPG

bonsoir !!!

just for fun ....met a friend today ...did nt know that ...he takes measure for the  quantity of snow on the ground !!!

10 different spots near by each others

we are at 41 inches....and for those who likes metric.....104 centimeters

jean-guy

DSC_3489.JPG

7 hours ago, groomer said:

bonjour !!!

snowing very lightly,  no accumulations yet !!!

my part of tq 5 could be bumpy ...discovered a few minors things on the groomer they have leased....

jean-guy

DSC_3570.JPG

DSC_3507.JPG

discovered a few minors things on the groomer they have leased..

Lack of Ponies?

5 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

discovered a few minors things on the groomer they have leased..

Lack of Ponies?

good morning jackstraw !!!

lack of ponies for sure......don t know how you say that in english ...shifting ...losing 2 holes....normally on flat trails sections ....run 4 c ....now 4b and 4 a...

hills i used to climb in 4a....down to 3d and 3c even 3b

just back from grooming ...lac saumon...very long hill...3 b ...slow climbing ...normally 4 a..

heater was nt working ...saturday ...broke shifter....just  a little arm...about 4 '' long 

lost one position on the bull ...one i use often ...temperature gauge kaputt ...<

a  mechanic from the tractor dealer came to fix it this afternoon...i was nt there..

next weekend or so , 20 years of grooming ....and this season is my worse by very far ...not much encouraging !!!

only -6c tonight ....saw 4 sleds and 3 deer!!!

jean-guy

DSC_3450.JPG

DSC_3464.JPG

DSC_3602.JPG

DSC_3619.JPG

Groomer,

Absolutely LOVE the pictures you post!  I recognize many of the locations from when I attempted the loop a couple years back.  Fond, fond memories of a fantastic trail system, much in part to all your teams hard work!  Keep up the great work and great photos!  

3 hours ago, Maximusthunder said:

Groomer,

Absolutely LOVE the pictures you post!  I recognize many of the locations from when I attempted the loop a couple years back.  Fond, fond memories of a fantastic trail system, much in part to all your teams hard work!  Keep up the great work and great photos!  

bonjour maximusthunder !!!

many thx....from your side....point of view....for sure must be fun to recognize place you ve been ....i remember you when you started a thread !!!

mild temps today .....-3c and grey sky ...grooming 2 more local trails tonight...

no new pics...from last week !!!

jean-guy

DSC_0244.JPG

DSC_0268.JPG

DSC_0289.JPG

DSC_0324.JPG

DSC_3317.JPG

DSC_3291.JPG

22 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Happy Anniversary!  

No worries!  The next 20 will be THE BEST!

Merci mon ami!

bonsoir playhard !!!

merci ....i won t make that far !!!...aahha

well , if you want the scoop of the day ...i just learned a few mins ago....my sport car is kaputt......FULL KAPUTT !!!

what a strange season !!!

old pics....logging rd...between the 28 and 41 miles !!!

jean-guy

DSC_8002.JPG

DSC_8027.JPG

DSC_8103.JPG

DSC_8086.JPG