Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

Are they spraying for Covid or Budworm???

bonsoir smclelan !!!

hahaha...budworm...private wood lots only , i guess........flew over my street about an hr ago !!!...they are here since at least 2 weeks

at my camp , some spots are very bad...trees are turning to grey ....close to kaputt 

cb in town ....kaputt too ...closed since 2 months maybe....too much slack..loose ???

jean-guy

DSC_1779.JPG

DSC_1861.JPG

DSC_1821.JPG

DSC_1782.JPG

DSC_1802.JPG

DSC_1857.JPG

49 minutes ago, smclelan said:

I could see a big difference in tree health in a lot of areas of the Gaspesie last winter. The budworm damage is starting to show.

yaaa...and we have nt seen the worse yet !!!

went to take pics after supper.....friends are back......mosquitoes !!!...crazy !!!

jean-guy

DSC_1963.JPG

DSC_2014.JPG

DSC_2101.JPG

DSC_2029.JPG

Did they get any in in the LSJ region around that big fire?  Hopefully they get that one stopped before it get to the big section of budworm kill west of Forestville and Baie Comeau.

That would be like feeding the fire gasoline!

On 6/25/2020 at 3:37 PM, smclelan said:

Did they get any in in the LSJ region around that big fire?  Hopefully they get that one stopped before it get to the big section of budworm kill west of Forestville and Baie Comeau.

That would be like feeding the fire gasoline!

bonjour smclelan 

sorry for the late reply ....i think they got some before i left for the camp thursday ...

a bit of rain here this morning .....its the '' mosquito festival ''  right now at the camp ....crazy ...

also , budworms are back .....i have nt been to camp since the last 2 weeks....more red in the wood right now...

only 1 moose in about 100 miles of riding ....

from sopfeu.....posted this morning

The fire has not progressed for a few days. The area is adjusted according to the work carried out by the ground teams, so it is normal for it to vary a little and it is the same for the perimeter. Currently the area is estimated at 62,211.4 ha. The perimeter of the fire is just over 200 km.

The fire is considered "Content", which means that its progression is stopped, at least temporarily. The work of extinguishing the hot spots located on the perimeter to the northwest of the border made us progress in the control of this one.

From the start of the week, the weather should change. With heat and dryness, the fire could wake up and resume activity within the perimeter.

Nearly 280 people work at the fire site. This includes ten sections of twenty forest firefighters from Quebec, Ontario and Alberta, the major fire management team, pilots and personnel from certain suppliers who support operations.

Today’s temperatures will be cool, the relative humidity will be fairly high and the winds will be light. This will facilitate the deletion work.

Due to the weather conditions that we have had since Thursday, the fire has no activity (it is dormant), which allows the forest firefighters to work to consolidate the borders in order to surround the fire inside its perimeter by watering hot spots.

jean-guy

DSC_2339.JPG

DSC_5377.JPG

DSC_5390.JPG

DSC_2383.JPG

DSC_2366.JPG

DSC_2469.JPG

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

Holy!! The second to the last picture is a scary site.  The last picture is the little monster responsible for the damage. 

yaaaa...

next weekend , i ll try to take a walk between the trees....some spots are  very grey ...

when coming back at my camp in the darkness....can see the budworms hanging on the branches...was bad last night ...

pic with hole in the trees....there s '' kids '' inside...can hear them talking !!!

jean-guy

DSC_2342.JPG

DSC_5365.JPG

What are they doing to try to stop these worms, it is a really serious issue. Later all those dead trees will be a tremendous fire hazard with lightening.Seems like this is the year we will never forget!!

59 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

What are they doing to try to stop these worms, it is a really serious issue. Later all those dead trees will be a tremendous fire hazard with lightening.Seems like this is the year we will never forget!!

bonjour quebec bob 

pics with the helicopters 2 weeks ago ....they were spraying on private wood lots only ....don t know about public land...

yaaa...the dead  ones could be very dangerous for fire...

pic i took 1 mile from camp on my way back home...don t see much ....i ll take better ones next week 

jean-guy

DSC_5407.JPG

10 hours ago, MrGutz said:

G,

Thanks Again for all the Pics, It's really helping everyone Virtually go Outside.

Thanks

GutZ

bienvnue gutz !!!

saw  maybe 40  salmons in 1 hr 15 mins...could be better...

waiting too long ....lose concentration ...and miss a few jumping 

need to go back ...lost the cap on my lens !!!

jean-guy

DSC_5454.JPG

DSC_5469.JPG

DSC_5440.JPG

DSC_2606.JPG

8 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Spawn Sammy Spawn!

Final happy-ending!

bonjour playhard !!!

hahhaha...

forgot to mention last night .....guardian of the pool told me....there s 228 salmon right now in the pool ......only 40 last year at the same date...

looks like the arrival of jaws pushed them up the river this year !!!😁

jean-guy

DSC_5814.JPG

DSC_5803.JPG

DSC_5804.JPG

DSC_5818.JPG

DSC_5805.JPG

DSC_5807.JPG

DSC_5799.JPG

DSC_5801.JPG

10 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

There's what a little motivation does. 

Those Sammys don't get an extra $600 a week to sit on their couch. 

Are there enough ladies up stream to accommodate?

i don t know exactly , maybe another 15-20 miles to bring eggs up the river....i posted pics before of that part of river........a lot narrower with nice little rocks at the bottom ...

roughly 12 miles east of my camp ....

i was talking with a friend yesterday ......soon , they ll dive in the river from town toward matapedia .....count the salmons.....if there s over a thousand salmons in the river....

so, around august , if fishing , you ll be able to keep your salmon ....right now , its only catch and release

the salmon on the pic....made an awesome jump .....5 th gear and landed in the dark flat spot up the pic....once in the water, down shifted and vroooom up the river

last night , went to take pics....i was 15 ' inside a field....there was flies ...but realized only there was that much when i downloaded the pics !!!

jean-guy

DSC_5843.JPG

DSC_5567.JPG

On 7/4/2020 at 6:40 AM, artsled said:

Water looks very low!!!

bonjour artdled !!!

even lower now compared to friday when i left for the camp....light rain right now...

still quiet with moose...one friday just before darkness..

saw 2 rabbits friday ....first 2 since early may 

jean-guy

DSC_5986.JPG

DSC_3034.JPG

DSC_5879.JPG

DSC_5968.JPG

DSC_5965.JPG

DSC_5905.JPG

DSC_3170.JPG

DSC_5912.JPG

DSC_6041.JPG

DSC_5960.JPG