Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi roadrunner !!!

thanks !!! lots of snow !!! some places it was very slow to groom and even slooooower going up those long hills.when i arrived at the cb , machine and drag were very heavy .cleaned it up before going back in that first looooooong hill . i ve been surprised , took only 12 hrs .if you look closely on one pic, snowdrifts are coming closer and closer to the trail ,slowly but surely !!!

groomer !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi andy !!

saw your post earlier this am ,so went to take a ride outside town to take a few pics .

local trail ,don t take if you see hay on the trail a bit ,because i filled the base of that '' slope '' 2 weeks ago .

tq 5 at the tlr ,don t take care if the snow is brown a bit .plowed by trucks .base still good there.

local trail for albertville ,a little lower than tq 5 at the trl stop' s sign

whooops !!! made a little mistake while posting on my last post !!!! :wacko:

when you cross the main road to go to albertville about 4 miles west of town.this is probably the worst field .windy place ,hard to keep the snow in the field . br side .

this is the little bridge about 5-6 miles west of town ,going up to albertville .field ,next to the bridge.

about 1.5 miles west of the last cb in town .1 mile before crossing the main road for albertville.

if i took a general view at it.in the wooden ,the base still good .bad places could be in some fields.from what i saw at the tlr ,i m still positive with my part of tq 5 ,hope i m not wrong .at least i have an advantage ,i can carry snow with my drag if i see a bad '' spot ''.

groomer !!!

Thanks for taking the time to go out and snap those pics Jean-Guy. Like the saying goes a picture says a thousand words! The conditions are pretty well what I had expected. I think we will have the biggest problems with the low areas filling with water and the brooks and rivers overflowing their banks and any plowed roads will be bare.

Andy

took a ride in town this pm and rain had started again .its was heavy for the first time since monday .

decided to post a few old pics (feb 19 -06 ) to let us remember how winter should looks like !!! 0 c .

groomer !!!

took a ride in town this pm and rain had started again .its was heavy for the first time since monday .

decided to post a few old pics (feb 19 -06 ) to let us remember how winter should looks like !!! 0 c .

groomer !!!

SOMEONE help me find that Deloren time mochine! :help: I need snow.

Thanks Groomer...now I have to get back to my yard work. :wacko:

hi rfm !!!

first of all ,i asked help for this one !! ha !! ha !! i knew about the word deloren ,but was nt sure ,was unable to figure it out !!! ha !! ha !!!

so ,now i know .sure if we could go back in time .not too far ,only 2 years .

thanks to those who helped me !!!

mustang !!!

be careful ,your dream can become reality !!! but i think the weather still not too nice in your area .

snowed a bit this pm .according to the weather channel , should have 4-6 '' by next morning .friend of mine told me tq 5 was still nice .i ll see tomorrow .if there enough fresh snow ill be on tq 5 .

pics : same storm ,feb 06

groomer !!!

Groomer

It's bad here melting nothing left in driveway across the road i have my own private trail and base is there but thin not cold either +4...on the good side i have 400 miles on my sled this year and that's more than at this time last year....so I work a lot to save money to sled when the snow comes....if the weather is shit for a while i might save enough to go see you...ha..ha..

posted last night mustang , but did nt work !!! :wacko:

well , woke up at 5 am ,but surprise , only 1 '' of fresh snow .according to the weather channel we were supposed to have 4-6 '' but looks like it has been 4-6 cm !! ha !! ha !! :sad:

so decided to stay home ,friends told me yesterday and this morning tq 5 was still nice !!!

no problems if you want to come up here , we could trade '' machines '' and you could show me what you can do with mine .no problems for me with yours !!! ha !! ha !! even if it s an a-c !!! just joking !!!

pics :this morning

groomer !!!!

• 3 weeks later...

hi riyamaha !!!

welcome on qr .i m here almost since the begining.glad to post pics here too and give info as well .

friend of mine called me about an hr ago .she was at relais chic-chocs ,close to ste anne des monts .she said fields were icy in the matane area ,but it was snowing right now there . from the st paulin area (east of matane ) lots of snow there .

it has been windy all day here .hope will have that storm !!! :yahoo:

pics :last monday

groomer !!!

went grooming tq 5 this morning ,12.5 hrs run .trail was still great.traffic is very low .saw about 25 sleds .

nice day for riding !!!

groomer !!!

Hi Groomer!

Where was you when you took this picture? JK

I just got caught up on this thread, great pictures Jean guy.

GTSE800

hi gtse800 !!!

thanks !!! name of the river is assemetquagan :wacko: at the st fidele cable bridge .when '' we '' pronounce it we just say '' see-me-kwaa-gan '' .ha !! ha !! faster and easier .

back from grooming 2 local trails.it has been slow ,one of the 2 has lots of hills and with the amount of fresh snow ,it was nt too fast .

did nt check ,but must be around 32 hrs of grooming since saturday night .great for riding today.- 20 c.

friend of mine told me we should have guys from a very well known magazine (english ) in town soon .i ll try to take info about that .we don t see that every days here ,specially about snowmobiling .

pics :today

groomer !!!

just met smclelan and andyman at the clubhouse .they were on their way to matane to take the ferry for godbout tomorrow morning .

thanks for the beer and not talking too fast !!!

thanks for taking your time to stop and to say hello !!!

groomer !!! :drinks:

groomed tq 5 today.about 6 -8 '' of fresh snow .visibility has been poor all day long .hard to find the edge of the trail.few drifts.between 10 30 am and noon , it was snowing like hell .very heavy .

saw about 50 sleds .

groomer!!!