Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi roadrunner !!!

just woke up ,groomed tq 5 last night it was -5 c when i came back at 5 am and -2 c right now.sky is grey .

i heard about that storm ,i guess we ll have to wait and see.

no problems , if you stop at the clubhouse ,leave a note and ill check on my next visit there .

say hi to yellows boots from me and my brother ..............even if he rides a cat !!!! ha !! ha !!!

just checked the forecast ,90 % chance of snow for wednesday .

groomer !!!

Hi groomer, Five of us are supposedly heading to Matane this Tues or Wed for a four day ride, first time in the gaspie! On another forum a guy from Ontario just got back from there and said it was terrible! wants to get his money back from his trail pass. Said it was good from RDL to matane but the rest was crap! huge moguls on Tq5 most of the way, any info on lack of grooming? they took the tq5 around the entire peninsula then back to RDL. I don't want to drive 12 hours for bumpy trails. I know your section would be great! But we'll be going from Matane to murdochvillle to perce Mont st Pierre back to matane any info would be great! :drinks:

hi jackstraw !!

i ve seen a post similar to yours. this is very hard to ''gauge '' friend of mine went to matane last friday or thursday .from home to sayabec then north on 591 then tq 5 east toward matane and he came back by some local trails south of matane toward amqui. he said all the trails were great and he knows what he s talking about because he s the ex operator of my machine .

about my part of tq 5 , trail was still an 8 last night.maybe there s more traffic on the north side if i can say that or they groom less often .broken machine maybe ???? i ll call the waitress at the clubhouse if she can give info and check on french forum .

ill come back on this !!!

groomer !!!

br guy came home and i lose my concentration ,still asleep !!! ha !! ha !!!!

he met tourists arriving from carleton at the clubhouse saturday and they told him that the nicest part of tq 5 was '' our ''.

also '' IF '' we have that storm later this week ,probably better wait a few more days before coming up here .

and can t believe trails were that rough ,it has been cold ( -20..-25 c ) all nights last week and trails were very hard packed .

if it s your first time in the gaspesie ,you could call patsy in chandler : 1 877 202 4636 .she receive all the calls from the clubs when it has been groomed in the gaspesie .

-4c , right now !!!

groomer !!!

br guy came home and i lose my concentration ,still asleep !!! ha !! ha !!!!

he met tourists arriving from carleton at the clubhouse saturday and they told him that the nicest part of tq 5 was '' our ''.

also '' IF '' we have that storm later this week ,probably better wait a few more days before coming up here .

and can t believe trails were that rough ,it has been cold ( -20..-25 c ) all nights last week and trails were very hard packed .

if it s your first time in the gaspesie ,you could call patsy in chandler : 1 877 202 4636 .she receive all the calls from the clubs when it has been groomed in the gaspesie .

-4c , right now !!!

groomer !!!

Thanks for the input groomer, me and a buddy are heading up early in the morning tomorrow, the rest of the crew on Wed, we'll head your way on wed from Matane to check out your trails! maybe we'll run into you along the way, what trail is the clubhouse on? And how far from matane are you? The weather, I guess we can't do anything about it! :drinks:

our clubhouse is on tq 5 in albertville ,you can t miss it ,few feet off the trail .going east it will be on your right.

from matane to the clubhouse , between 50 and 60 miles ,max !!! if you stop long enough there,ask the waitress to call me .no problems if i go there only for a few mins.i live 8 miles from the clubhouse .

i don t expect grooming til wed or even thursday night depending of the weather .

groomer !!! :drinks:

hi smclelan !!!

ha !! ha !!

i think they installed that in late dec or early jan .they expect to install the groomer for next season !!! ha !! ha !!

hi gtse800 !!!

no plowing for me !!! ha !! ha !! grooming only !!! looking for spring ??? not yet ,still too early here !! late march only .i remember grooming on april 5 ,and there was still lots of snow to ride .probably in 00 , because i took a ride on april 28 that year !!

our clubhouse is on tq 5 in albertville ,you can t miss it ,few feet off the trail .going east it will be on your right.

from matane to the clubhouse , between 50 and 60 miles ,max !!! if you stop long enough there,ask the waitress to call me .no problems if i go there only for a few mins.i live 8 miles from the clubhouse .

i don t expect grooming til wed or even thursday night depending of the weather .

We should be there some time on Wed, hopefully we'll catch ya for a beer! maybe I'll finally get a picture of a moose! :drinks:

you re right mustang ,there was another moose hidden between the trees.took those pics about 45 miles north east of town.park matane is less than 2 miles behind those mooses.nice place ,lots of hills .

on this post ,took the pics of the mountains from the duniere reserve ,but the mountains are on park matane.

on the other post i have a little video of that little bull ,too big to post here i guess!!!

awesome day for riding ,should have 6 '' + for tomorrow .

groomer !!!

this pm at the clubhouse , i met jackstraw with 2 of his friends.talked for 45 mins i guess .then they returned to matane ,waiting for some friends .they ll be on 595 tomorrow .

thanks guys for the visit ,it has been a pleasure to meet you .hope you ll enjoy your gaspesie trip !!!

thanks again for the souvenir !!!

groomer + isabelle !!!! ha !! ha !!!

pics from yesterday on tq 5 .talked with those 2 guys from boston.they were almost at the end of the gaspesie loop .they stopped because they already knew me by the net .

-26 c and blue sky !!!

groomer !!!

Groomer we rode your section of the TQ5 yesterday and it was a 10 out of 10 no question. If they had a competition for groomer of the year you would win hands down Jean-Guy. Not only for the quality of your trails but your dedication to the sport of snowmobiling. On behalf of myself and the thousands of sledders you have helped with information and of course your trails a big MERCI. Here is a pic from the Chic Chocs on Thursday.

Andy

hi plain-rev !!!

sure it looks familiar ,right where we met last year . nice place to take a break ,can see sleds coming from far on both side and there s plenty of ''room ''. if you look at that pic from those guys from boston ,almost the same angle than yours last year.

90% of the time i always stop there to take a short break on my back only .did nt slept much wednesday night, so i was due to take one :D ha !! ha !! looks like it s a lucky curve to talk with sledders.

ps: can someone delete my post with only one pic ?????? thanks !!!

groomer !!!

hi andy !!!

well ..... bienvenue !!!! i m almost to shy to reply to your post !!! ha !! ha !!! (hope to say it right ) i always told myself , the day i ll look only at the scenery while grooming instead of looking at the drag ,i m going to stop .i like to do it right , looks more '' cleaner ''.very happy for you if my part of tq 5 was nice .

as a gaspesian ,i don t think i m wrong with that , it s our mentality i guess to help others.

thanks you very much for the very nice comments !!!

hope to see you again .

sincerely ........... groomer !!! :drinks:

groomed tq 5 yesterday ,snow was kind of heavy.bit of freezing rain on my way back .

br pics ,in front of the clubhouse in albertville .

-3 c ,ski is grey ,looks like very very light rain right now .

groomer !!!

met smclelan + 4 of his friends at the clubhouse yesterday at noon .they were on their way up to mont joli then matane .

fred ,saw your note in the guest book !!!

no storm here yet .

groomer !!!

about 8-10 '' of fresh snow here .the ex-operator told me this morning that the groomer east of the st fidele cable bridge where i turn around is down on the trail ,toward cross point .

groomer !!!

went grooming tq 5 early this morning .tons of snow !!! no much traffic .east side of the st fidele cable bridge has been groomed toward cross point.very nice run, but too much snow to pack .

groomer !!!