Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

went to the clubhouse earlier this morning and the waitress + cook told me that members stopped by the clubhouse yesterday afternoon.

sorry guys ,i spent all afternoon home .when you called , i was for sure on the net .so i don t have '' high speed '' and it was ''busy '' when you called then i watched nascar truck series.

just too bad ,it was your second stop at the club house this season .but you can come back , we still have tons of snow !!! ha !! ha !!! btw ,saw your note in the guest book !!!

hope my part of tq 5 was nt too rough .last tuesday when i came back from grooming a local trail , a bearing broke on the center wheel.ordered the parts wednesday to fix it thursday ,but one of the bearing was a bit (mm ) too small to put on the shaft (axel ) .should receive the other one tomorrow .

hope to groom tq 5 tomorrow night.i should groom at least til next sunday ( maybe more ) depending of the weather and traffic .

groomer !!! :drinks:

• 3 weeks later...

the end !!!

brought back the machine to albertville earlier this morning .it has been my longest season of grooming in 8 years and the best one to meet members at the club house or on tq 5 .just too bad i missed a few .

i ll post a few mooses or scenery pics during the summer .

GROS MERCI to ROB !!! for letting our club sell trail passes here . :drinks:

thanks to those who helped me with that !!! :drinks:

groomer !!!

• 2 months later...

yesterday morning on my way to my camp .

fyi , i talked with a guy 2 weeks ago and 2 weeks before he went to the faribault ( 2 grand camps on trail 595 ).there was still snow in that area .was nt able to go on some roads or trails because there was too much snow for his 4-wheelers.

groomer !!!

hi plain-rev !!!

i was arriving at an intersection when i saw him .walked a few feet toward him .he passed by me by 15 ' .then i began to walk behind him and continue to take pics .just too bad , i was nt in a mood to take pics , i still had a little '' hang over '' from friday night .ha !! ha !!!

if you have your gaspesie map ,not the provincial one .just look a few inches north-east of town ,you ll see lake huit milles .i was almost at the head of the lake on the left side .i groom that trail , orange line.

actually the lynx is on the road who used to be the trail to go up the faribault , back in 99 i think .

almost !!! forgot a few !!!! :D

i just wish i could see an eastern cougar again .pic of the lake ,i was there last week and again next friday .home is 14 miles on the right , truck logging road , 7 miles in front .la cache and trail 595 on the left.

groomer !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

met a friend yesterday morning at the lake where i spend my week ends .according to him ,they should begin the construction of the new '' st fidele '' cable bridge this week .

they took the '' design '' from a cb from the north shore , don t know where .should be in aluminum .

they had to sent the steel wires to mtl for a ''capacity '' test .strange :wacko:

maybe they are afraid that i could fall asleep while arriving at the cb in the middle of the night and hit the cb with the '' bull '' . :D ha !! ha !!

this should cost $$$ 100,000.00

groomer !!!

hi smclelan !!

ha !! ha !!

sorry to tell you that , but i don t ride at all during summer time in that area.maybe i ll take a ride after moose hunting .right now , too busy working at my camp during the week ends .

• 3 weeks later...

early morning bath !!!

saturday morning while taking a coffe and watching the news on tv before going up to my camp , saw that '' tourist '' by the window !!!

put my running shoes in a hurry and ran to reach my camera inside my truck .

he was kinda ''squeeze '' by the camp , lake and me .he jumped in the lake and went in the yard of the neighbor .

foggy a lot and still dark a bit .hard to have a '' sharp '' shot , not much ''speed '' on the camera.

groomer !!!

it has been a great week for me .smclelan came up here last monday and longriderss ,thursday night.tooks tons of pics and looked for mooses .

climbed mount jacques cartier ( 1270m ) in the gaspesie park thursday morning .saw 5 caribous on top .wiiiiiiiiindy up there !!

did many miles atving and sight seeing around the lake where i spend my week ends .went to show them my new camp .

lots of fun ,laughs and pics .

thanks for coming and everythings !!!

groomer !!! :drinks: ........wine !!!!

it has been a great week for me .smclelan came up here last monday and longriderss ,thursday night.tooks tons of pics and looked for mooses .

climbed mount jacques cartier ( 1270m ) in the gaspesie park thursday morning .saw 5 caribous on top .wiiiiiiiiindy up there !!

did many miles atving and sight seeing around the lake where i spend my week ends .went to show them my new camp .

lots of fun ,laughs and pics .

thanks for coming and everythings !!!

groomer !!! :drinks: ........wine !!!!

Jean-guy,

Thankyou for playing host. I had an excellent time up there in your backwoods. Beauuutttiiiiful country.

Longriderss. :yahoo::clapping:

hi bob !!

it has been a pleasure for me to show you the scenery around the lake, my camp , the z e c and gaspesie park.it has been a great time and thank you for coming up here .should be done at the job around wednesday at noon.

then back to work at the camp and hope to stay there from saturday or sunday for 30 days in a row even if it won t be completely ready .

thanks again !!!

groomer !!!

• 2 weeks later...

back in town for re-fueling !!! :D

was at my camp since monday .i ll be back there this afternoon and come back maybe tuesday.very quiet with the mooses .

rained like hell all day long yesterday.i work in the yard of camp and painted floor yesterday .

good to be back at the camp !!!!

bob and steven !!

here s a few mooses pics from yesterday morning , just to say a big thank you again for the nice gifts !!!

story is ,i left the camp around 9 am to go to in those clearcuts where the bulldozer was to do a load of fire woods with my 4-w and a trailer.i crossed the river and at the intersection of the first large road , the cow was alone on the road.

tried to get closer walking toward her.i '' called '' a few times and whoooops !!! those 2 bulls came on the road .they fought a bit to have the '' lady '' .

i ll be back at the camp around 4 hrs.friends are coming this week end , and we should be ready with the camp at 90 % for moose hunting in one week.

my friend (the owner of the cottage at the lake ) will be at the camp tonight , so i expect a great supper and party tonight .ha !! ha !!

thanks again !!!

sincerely !!

jean-guy!!

few sunsets and sunrises from this week .forgot ,last tuesday night saw a coyote and .5 mile before arriving at the camp , a black bear on the road .if you remember ,right in front of the last treestand (blue ) on the right side of the road .

groomer !!!

hi longriderss !!

back from the camp .almost done ,except for the windows.just a few more things to do and will be ready for hunting .

friends will arrive late thursday night and friday.

looks like hunting will be rough and though .they don t walk much and don t see much too.last saturday night ,we were 10 in the camp for supper ,plenty of room compared to the old camp !!

last pic is right at the treestand next to the bridge .saw them yesterday morning ,but a little bit further.on my way down on the t l r ,there was hunters coming down from duniere reserve ,awesome rack on the bull !!!

i should nt come back in town before oct 25 , unless i forgot something .

can t remember the year ,96-97 maybe ,during moose hunting ,13 '' of snow ,but melted a few days later.

thanks

groomer !!!

hi tom !!

ha !! ha !! thanks !! here s a few pics from a few weeks back .at least it ll give you an idea .all the '' racks '' on the wall ,i ve seen all those bulls before hunting season .

will replace the windows on the left and the patio door later.friend of mine do renevations on his house and he gave us all the windows and doors .but i learned last week end ,he has problems with his renovations ,so will have to wait some more ,i guess.

we put some furnitures inside last saturday and 2 weeks ago i brought my sound system .

i ll take pics in my next 12 days ,so should have some when ill be back .still a little bit too messy around the camp right now .began to do a clean up last sunday.

i included a few pics of my 4w , last week when i went for a few loads of fire woods .thats why i bought a 4 x 4 !!! ha !! ha !!

time to go back in the bush !!!

groomer !!!

• 2 weeks later...

hi tom !!

few pics from the outside and inside of the camp.will go back there next week to install 4 windows and it will be it for this year .

2 rooms ,washroom and mezzanine .will do the isolation of the floor and roof next summer.at - 12 c this morning ,it was nt too warm inside .ha !! ha !!

groomer !!