Ride #1 from home 2017

iceman

Jan 1

IMG_1109.PNG

Left here at noon. Nice to see the machine where she belongs, outside in the snow.

DSC04642.JPGDSC04643.JPGDSC04644.JPG

Hit the trail TQ 3 Est. direction Shawinigan Sud...fresh snow loose but nice, many tags and brush still poking through here on the hydro lines. The usual thing for early on in season. DSC04645.JPG  

Continued to Shawi Sud. Here is the Intersection for M-2 to Shawi Sud, and Shawinigan 

DSC04646.JPG DSC04647.JPG 

Continued on 3 est then took the 351 direction St. Severin. Trail in the swampy parts needs more snow to fill in all the uneaven terrain, alot of up and downs. But all in all not too shabby. I saw no water holes at all. Once out of the swamp and onto the Railbed section it was real sweet. I continued to Relais Station. Passed on through was maybe 6 sleds there. 

DSC04648.JPGDSC04649.JPGDSC04650.JPGDSC04651.JPG

Contnued on to the intersection just after the Relais. DSC04652.JPGDSC04653.JPGDSC04654.JPGDSC04655.JPGDSC04656.JPG

continued on the 351 nord arrived at the junction of 351 and 302. Decisions, Decisions i choose 302 only one track on the fresh snow here i'm going. DSC04657.JPGDSC04658.JPGDSC04659.JPGDSC04660.JPG

really some great conditions for Jan 1 and we do not have nearly the amount of snow around here as other areas so they have done a fine job with the snow we have. Some nice spots but nothing spectacular just yet. But very rideable. Found some nice scenery in the woods.

DSC04661.JPGDSC04662.JPGDSC04663.JPGcontinued on 302 checked St. Ubalde but did not see Playhard getting a Pizza. Maybe in 2 weeks,DSC04664.JPG

kept going and joined back up with TQ3 now going back ouest. The Section between St Cashmir and where my club takes over in St Prosper, was the ugliest of the day. Big bumps and needs snow to be groomed in nice. However my club is on it and looking sweet. I cruise toward the Closed down Rogers Cabin and realize that the Groomer was here not long ago. This is the best trail I've seen all day. DSC04667.JPGDSC04668.JPG

yup sure enough i catch up to him just before Chez Roger

DSC04669.JPGDSC04670.JPG

onward to St Stanislas. I stop on the river to check it out. DSC04671.JPGDSC04672.JPGDSC04673.JPGDSC04674.JPG

Ran the TQ 3 back to St. Narcisse where i gassed up. Then back to Lac a Tortue on TQ3 and back to Relais Iceman. 

I'm quite pleased with what I've seen and things will continue to improve for sure. snow is very loose still and will get more solid with time. Passed maybe 6 sleds on my whole loop. 

So a 3 hour ride and although the I motoneige says it was 165 Km I had it at 185 Km and no it was not track spin. 

Super nice to be back in the Saddle and it feels like I just got off it just yesterday as opposed to last March. Nice. 

Now to decide where to go Tmmrw. hmmm? 

until next time. 

Nice little run Ice, that first ride always get the wheels turning for the next.

Another dumping coming your way on Tuesday 25-30, should shape things up, back home we're gonna get wiped out, 35 mm of rain for Tuesday.

10 minutes ago, Trailblazer said:

Nice little run Ice, that first ride always get the wheels turning for the next.

Another dumping coming your way on Tuesday 25-30, should shape things up, back home we're gonna get wiped out, 35 mm of rain for Tuesday.

Yeah nothing crazy just nice to ride.

Man I hope so, my forecast on Environment Canada is saying Rain or Snow. With Freezing Rain Tues morning. Time will tell.

Nice little run to get the cob webs off and to warm  up those muscle groups that have not seen action in nine months. I'm always stiff the next day after the first ride ! Getting old i guess.I like that relais but never could remember it's name . I never pay attention to that kind of stuff. Good food if I remember correctly.

2 hours ago, 800steve said:

Great to see, hope to do some riding out of the old Safari this year.

You will be pleased, they have done a nice job with the place and tgey go above and beyond for you. Redge is the man. 

55 minutes ago, markusvt said:

Looking pretty good out there!

For the snow we got here it sure is. Trying to get out again this afternoon not sure if it's gonna happen yet. 

4 minutes ago, Florida Snowman said:

Looks good Don.  I hope this forecast for tomorrow holds true!   Looks like a foot is possible!

IMG_1884.PNG

A foot will fix everything around here quite nicely. Still missing snow to fill in all the holes. We shall see. Only -2c right now. Kind of warm.

6 hours ago, groomer said:

nice pics iceman !!!

that motorcycle in the roof ,reminds me our sled at the clubhouse !!!

thx for grooming pics !!!

jean-guy

Yes sir JG when I saw that motorcycle, your clubhouse was the first thing I thought of. 

I'll keep the grooming pics coming just for you.

see you soon. Keep up the good work.

On 1/1/2017 at 5:15 PM, iceman said:

Continued on 302 checked St. Ubalde but did not see Playhard getting a Pizza. Maybe in 2 weeks,DSC04664.JPG

Mmmm... Not soon enough!

Their Hawaiian pizza is right up there with St Hubert's demi poulet!

Tic-toc...