2017 RDL Conditions

snowdogs

21 hours ago, mikerider said:

Looking forward to seeing you Snowdog. I hope to arrive a day or two after your arrival. Looks like the riding is awesome.

mike

Mike, we will arrive Monday late afternoon and depart Friday morning. Looking forward to meeting you and riding if you would like. We are 2 guys 55 years old and I am still nursing a knee fracture so no crazy riding for us. I will be drinking rouge in the bar as medication

Edited by snowdogs
added something

Whaler, will look for you during my travels, go almost to Rimouski and then swing down and around to Squatec for lunch. Will be driving  dark orange and black 900 Renegade.

Can always tell when its finally my turn to ride Quebec: gas is going up, dollar shrinking, and possible rain showers forecast.

mike

How you been Mike, when are you going up and how long are you staying, getting the itch. Looks like great conditions. How far is Montmany to RDL by car? Are you officially retired? Thanks

Hi Jak,     I am headed up this Tuesday or Wednesday and staying until the Jan. 20 or 21. This is my first trip this year, so I don't remember travel times, but thinking maybe an hour and a half from Monmagny to RDL by car, but not positive. Watching the weather, if rain ruins things, I will go further north to Jonqiere. But plan is to get to RDL first and see how it is.  Mike

And no, I still did not retire. I am beginning to think I am scared to death to retire. Don't know why. 

After working a ten hour shift Monday night, loaded the truck, kissed the wife and pets and headed up to RDL/Universal Hotel.  Picked the sled up at the dealer on the way up.         Arrived Tuesday evening, dark out but looks like lots of snow and perfect conditions.

Now here it is Wednesday morning, looks like an inch of snow fell and has changed to a very light rain.Will wait it out a couple days and keep everyone up to date on conditions.

My beloved 2010 Ram 4.7 V8 finally was eaten away by rust, probably caused by whatever Canada uses to coat the roads in the winter. Still ran like new, favorite all time truck, and was hoping for another three years out of her. The new Ram Hemi 5.7 goes so perfect in every way it almost lacks personality. But wow, does the Hemi shit and go, Hard to believe a pick up truck can accelerate that fast. Gas mileage pretty good at 75 and under and no sled in the bed. 85 and sled in back and you'll wish you owned a gas station.

mike

Good to hear your at your office again Mike.  Looks like the weather is going to be great once this little warm up goes thru.  Keep us posted and happy trails.

Oh by the way, does that new truck have a municipal plate on it?

Jack & Sandi

Mike. Glad to hear you are there, also like hearing that you did not get lots of rain. Hopefully, things will chill back down Friday and set you up for some great riding.  We still plan to ride the Chauds and Bas st this weekend, if we end up at RDL we will connect and say hi. Are you going riding tomorrow?  Enjoy

RR

10 minutes ago, mikerider said:

Jim,    Carwell sounds good. Do you just buy the product and do it yourself or have the company apply it?

I happened to be in Buffalo and had them do it the first time. After that I bought a 5gal drum (via UPS) and use a spray bottle to cover the undercarriage. It needs to be applied once a year.

Thanks Jim, I plan on doing something in the spring, hopefully something I can do myself to save the money. I heard spraying on transmission fluid on the underside works good. My 2010 appeared to rust from the outside. So did my 2005 Ford. I do a lot of dirt road riding in the summer and it is possible rocks and sand compromise the paint with microscopic chips that can't be seen. I put mud flaps on in hopes to stop the pebbles and sand from hitting the rocker panels.

mike

Wednesday was a couple hours of very light sprinkles. Today was very light rain off and on for most of the day. I just came out of a restaurant at 6;15 and there had been a dusting of snow. Few minutes later it turned to sleet.  Temp is dropping, now 32F.

Ate supper at the Hotel Levesque, Jack and Sandi once told me it was a really nice place and food was great. The hotel is classy and menu on line looked great. Arrived to find the restaurant a little too classy for what I was wearing, so I ate in the bar which has a separate menu. Fr Onion soup was very good, Chardonnay was best ever, and poutine with Jack Daniels sauce was awesome albeit a bit strong tasting. Will go again for sure.

mike

Hi Mike

Jim here. Met you last year at the bar. I was with Scott.

4 of us coming up to Quebec Monday.

Not sure where to go yet due to the rain.

Keep us posted on conditions there.

We may end up North of the River if we have to.

I'd Rather get out of the truck asap.

thanks

Kyles dad...